Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 09-18-2006, 12:20 PM
dividend dividend is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 17
Default Newspaper Ads

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone has tried putting in an ad in a local papers sports section or something similiar. If so, how did it go?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Gustav L Gustav L is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Default

When targeting potential players through newspaper and other offline marketing methods it is very important how you communicate the offer. By experience I know that it is quite difficult to get good results from offline marketing. Before you spend any money on this make sure you study the readers of the magazine and make a demographic analysis. The most important in the end is the offer (make sure you have an offer that is attractive to the readers). The offer have a higher chance to attract new players if it is related to the magazines content. Discuss with your account manager what is possible for you to offer.

Gustav Lipcsey

Regional Manager
Snowmen Solutions
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-25-2006, 10:36 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 631
Default

I have talked with a few affiliates in the past who have advertised via their local newspaper and have been successful. I'm not sure the exact details, but I do remember some indicating that it worked for them. I am sure this is not the case all the time and like Gustav said, it will most likely depend on your offer and how well you present your advertisement.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-25-2006, 11:32 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

If you're in the US be sure to be careful of what you advertise. Look into the laws in your area about advertising bonuses, poker and gambling. You may find that the paper wont let you but an ad, but let you run a classified.

I have had great success with offline marketing but I have never advertised in a newspaper. I have advertised in magazines though. the ROI on magazine ads can be very low however.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
aplayer_uk aplayer_uk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 22
Default

I've done it loads of times to advertise my own sites and hopefully get signups throught them that way.

Although i haven't actually tried an add for say party with my bonus code attached.

I found newspapers expensive and not really worth it, radio seems to work best for me to advertise my sites, seems to get a lot of hits and uv's
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-19-2007, 12:24 AM
DontLook's Avatar
DontLook DontLook is online now
Super Mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 225
Default

How much they charge you for radio ads in your area? Have always been curious what going rates are.
__________________
Poker Staking Player Staking Internet Poker Leagues Rounders Online Poker Tells
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Itay Itay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 52
Default

I never did but heard from a friend that he is doing it and results were ok.
__________________
Itay
------------------------------------------------------------

For B4Playing's Multiple CPA Commission Affiliate Program (up to $1000 from one player CPA)
Register here: http://affiliates.b4playing.com

We have launched!!! To download our client for free: www.b4playing.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My newspaper column Dan Burns General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 07-21-2006 11:30 AM
New Affiliate Question billygiven General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 08-05-2005 01:20 PM
Newspaper Route PeeWee General Poker Affiliate Discussion 20 07-11-2005 07:42 PM
Newspaper Ads gPowell General Poker Affiliate Discussion 26 06-07-2005 05:32 PM
Newspaper Advertising FeeRan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 03-07-2005 08:50 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0