Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/offline-poker-affiliate-promotions/)
-   -   Newspaper Ads (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/offline-poker-affiliate-promotions/6547-newspaper-ads.html)

dividend 09-18-2006 11:20 AM

Newspaper Ads
 
Hello. I'm wondering if anyone has tried putting in an ad in a local papers sports section or something similiar. If so, how did it go?

Gustav L 09-25-2006 09:07 AM

When targeting potential players through newspaper and other offline marketing methods it is very important how you communicate the offer. By experience I know that it is quite difficult to get good results from offline marketing. Before you spend any money on this make sure you study the readers of the magazine and make a demographic analysis. The most important in the end is the offer (make sure you have an offer that is attractive to the readers). The offer have a higher chance to attract new players if it is related to the magazines content. Discuss with your account manager what is possible for you to offer.

Gustav Lipcsey

Regional Manager
Snowmen Solutions

SunPoker.com 09-25-2006 09:36 AM

I have talked with a few affiliates in the past who have advertised via their local newspaper and have been successful. I'm not sure the exact details, but I do remember some indicating that it worked for them. I am sure this is not the case all the time and like Gustav said, it will most likely depend on your offer and how well you present your advertisement.

Mark

losercore 09-25-2006 10:32 AM

If you're in the US be sure to be careful of what you advertise. Look into the laws in your area about advertising bonuses, poker and gambling. You may find that the paper wont let you but an ad, but let you run a classified.

I have had great success with offline marketing but I have never advertised in a newspaper. I have advertised in magazines though. the ROI on magazine ads can be very low however.

aplayer_uk 10-03-2006 11:11 AM

I've done it loads of times to advertise my own sites and hopefully get signups throught them that way.

Although i haven't actually tried an add for say party with my bonus code attached.

I found newspapers expensive and not really worth it, radio seems to work best for me to advertise my sites, seems to get a lot of hits and uv's


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0