Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-09-2005, 01:10 PM
PeeWee PeeWee is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 24
Default

I signed up to be a delivery person for my local newspaper. Im only doing it 1 day a week. The granddaddy of all newspaper days SUNDAY!!!

The premise is simple. Slip in a Party Poker flier in the box with every paper. The area I cover rotates. So I have fresh possible clients ever other week.

They way I rationalize it is this. I am getting paid suprisingly well for about 4 hours work. I am getting paid to market myself. It is a win/win situation.

The reason I came up with the idea to deliver is this. Every Monday I have been going to the most popular newspaper boxes in the area, buying a paper, then leaving behind a stack of 20 fliers in the box. I hit about 6-10 newspaper boxes.
The results have been very good.

Since I knew the newspaper angle worked, I needed to grab a larger audience. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Deliver the paper.

If you try this, I must warn you of something first. Do not put the flier in the paper with the other ads. Place it on top of the paper in the box. The newspaper might say you are stealing from them if you put it in the paper itself.

Has anyone else tried this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 990
Default

I think you're facing some major legal risks by doing this. The paper can easily track who is doing this if people complain. You're also going after WAY too broad of an audience by stuffing them into newspapers and/or boxes. When I first started doing this I stuffed poker books at the Barnes and Noble book stores around town. I got virtually NO response to it. Over the years I've come to realize that targeted, well though out campaigns pay the biggest dividends.

If you're wondering whether I truly know what I'm talking about consider that I haven't seen a sub 10K MGR month from Party since March of 2004. And that's only one site that I promote B) Also keep in mind that the vast majority of my advertising is offline. I have a bunch of sites but better than 60% of my income comes from offline marketing.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-09-2005, 02:34 PM
PeeWee PeeWee is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 24
Default

I have many people stuff fliers in my paper box at my house. I doubt they have had any legal ramifications. Most people consider it junk and throw it away never giving it a second thought. The only way you get in trouble is putting something in the mailbox. That is mail fraud. By placing the flier on top of the paper, it is as if someone drove by and placed it there.

I understand where you are coming from and welcome your advice. I Think placing cards in poker books and poker chips is too narrow of a marketing approach. You are targeting a area that is hit way too hard.

There is no such thing as a market that is too broad. Especially since it is not costing me a dime to promote. I agree i could be taking a risk. But a very small risk since the flier is not incorporated with the paper itself.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-09-2005, 04:03 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,680
Default

I think breaking the law is a poor business model. But I know other people disagree.

And to be blunt, doing anything that Party could close your account for is crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-09-2005, 04:26 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,185
Default

Has anyone tried legit bulk mailings thru USPS? 3x5 cards or ?

Been thinkin about it myself.

I helped with a few in the past for realtors, you can target a fairly small area using Zip+4

cheers
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-09-2005, 04:58 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is online now
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 438
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

hey pewee u just leave a bunch of fliers ontop of the newpaper box? what keeps them from not flying away?
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-09-2005, 05:46 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,344
Default

No...he puts them in the box on top of the stack of papers.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-09-2005, 05:49 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is online now
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 438
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

pewee whats a good response? how much mgr?
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-09-2005, 06:11 PM
PeeWee PeeWee is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 24
Default

Actually it is like this. The big metal vendor boxes are independantly owned. I know the person who owns close to 10 of them. I have permission to place my fliers inside the vendor box.

PPP I do not see how this is even close to breaking the law.

The other boxes are the residence box that is usually right next to the mail box. In my area it is perfectly legal and encouraged to place ad's or fliers in someones newspaper box. By placing mine in the box as I deliver the paper is just good time management on my part.

Again, I do not see how this is even close to breaking the law.

I have been putting the fliers in the vendor box's for about 3 weeks and have 32 RMP out of 60 total downloads. I have placed about 300 fliers. Costing me a total of $6.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-09-2005, 06:15 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is online now
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 438
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

ok now ur talking about the main newspapers like USA today? now what were to happen if the box is owned by the paper and you have no private owned boxes around u? also do u put the flier in the paper or do u leave them at the front of every paper?
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newspaper Ads dividend Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions 5 11-19-2007 12:24 AM
My newspaper column Dan Burns General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 07-21-2006 11:30 AM
Newspaper Ads gPowell General Poker Affiliate Discussion 26 06-07-2005 05:32 PM
Newspaper Advertising FeeRan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 03-07-2005 08:50 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0