Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2007, 03:39 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default Review Please---

I need a review for the best site i have every made all by myself. Only the home page is done so dont click any of the buttons. It was hard to do since we don't have any creatives for Carbon Poker yet but I'm sure they wont mind if I borrow some from PDC until I get my own. I figure this will be my pet project and I will make a blog with the day to day events at Carbon (tournament winners, bad beats..ect) along with current news and stuff like that It could be a nice site for a beginner like me. I still have some work to do but tell me what you gus think so far ..Thanks, here is the site:

www.CarbonPokerBonuses.com

ps. I also own carbonpoker.info +carbonpokerreview.com...should I use either of these instead?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 AM
haynesey haynesey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 576
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
I need a review for the best site i have every made all by myself. Only the home page is done so dont click any of the buttons. It was hard to do since we don't have any creatives for Carbon Poker yet but I'm sure they wont mind if I borrow some from PDC until I get my own. I figure this will be my pet project and I will make a blog with the day to day events at Carbon (tournament winners, bad beats..ect) along with current news and stuff like that It could be a nice site for a beginner like me. I still have some work to do but tell me what you gus think so far ..Thanks, here is the site:

www.CarbonPokerBonuses.com

ps. I also own carbonpoker.info +carbonpokerreview.com...should I use either of these instead?
Dislikes
1. I don't like the flashing of some of the words,
2. In firefox it's not centered, its slightly to the left, which i really dislike.
3. Maybe make the top image longer? It seems just a small image filling a large space.

Likes
1. colour scheme is nice.
2. the right hand side of the template is nice, IMO.
3. Love the domain
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-10-2007, 04:34 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,293
Default

Ok no offense but I would click off that site in 3 seconds. In fact i did so I can't give you too much detail.

Here's the thing you are missing IMO:

1. The site is for carbon poker bonuses - The first thing i should see is carbon poker and a bonus code or promo without having to run my eys all over page wondering what I am looking at.

2. Again your SEO should be for carbon poker bonuses and I should be able to feel like I am at a well designed site that offers me a deal for carbon poker. Having the other sites on there makes me, if I was an average player, feel like this is a site with little or no information.

3. Yes it's off to the left and should not be IMO. To be honest it looks like a site that ws put together in a few minutes. Again no offense as i have some ugly sites out there too.

What could be done:
  • Better template for clarity. It's hard to stay focused on anything there
  • Better logo that actually looks like Carbon Poker. (Not Copied)
  • Put the graphics in with some useful text instead off to the side. it gets people reading.
  • SEO like title tags for example
Example: I'm not sure how familiar you are with everypoker. They actually own dozens of sites, a lot of them are this example of one site bonus. They do very well with these sites as the have useful, esay to read, standard, clear designs.

I hope this helps and does come off like I'm an asshole. The idea of yours is on the ball, but the site should be more appealing. Get a visitor to see what you have by attracting them visually.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-10-2007, 11:56 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
I hope this helps and does come off like I'm an asshole.
Thanks for your advice guys..I am not the best site designer so I know that there are alot of problems. I think you meant to put doesn't ...or atleast i hope lol.

I will make the mentioned changes to the best of my abilities. It will be a lot easier when I get those creatives and stuff like that, I would love to get a bonus code for carbon...not sure if that is possible yet but I will ask Dean. Thanks again

Is this a positive thing?:
"The idea of yours is on the ball"
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2007, 08:27 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

lol Ellen told me that the bonus code for april was PDCAPRIL100 yet it doesn't work, the old one is still in play right now.


To the original post, I think you have a great idea and I can not give you a whole lot of advice but... the header is to small, I would enlarger it so that the .com is on the same line as everything else. I would also decrease the size of the US Players welcome, it distracts from what the intentions of what the site is really about. Maybe replace it with one a US flag that is waving or even istock has a kick ass picture of poker chips stacked up to look like the american flag. I left a link to on of my pages for you to look at what I mean, I had to decrease mine in size but when it is shown slighlty larger it is quite appealing.

http://www.pokerriveronline.com/carb...om_review.html
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2007, 10:59 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
QUOTE]I think you meant to put doesn't ...or atleast i hope lol.[
Yes sorry



Quote:
Is this a positive thing?:
"The idea of yours is on the ball"
Yes it is. A single site bonus site can work wonders if it's simple and easy to get the information. A domain like that should not have 10 room reviews, 50 poker tips articles and updates news stories for every poker event going on. (Not saying your's does) it should be specific to that room only and be a part of that room. In other words it should be an extestion of the original poker room's website offering more information, and from the visitors point of view, a bonus or special offer. Does that make since?
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2007, 02:18 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 315
Default

I think the header area is a little too big and the rest of the site will improve if this is adjusted.

If you descrease the current size of the header area (the top part with the current header and flag) and replace the current header with the banner below you will have a much more attractive site. This will mean that the flag will be smaller so maybe look for another that will fit in snugly.

Also, take that good looking banner into photoshop, lengthen it so it will fit across the current header space at the top and photoshop in something like Bonuses.com next to the carbon poker logo part. I think that will make the site look way more proffesional as I think the rest of the site is very stylish, just the header area letting it down.


I hope I managed to write that as clearly as I am seeing it in my head!


EDIT: like this...



..yeah, I've got too much free time on my hands.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy

Last edited by ThePokerBank : 04-11-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2007, 05:25 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,293
Default

I think thepokerbank is on to something. that would look great.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 217
Default

Nicely done!

I'm not going to go through the excellent points raised above.

I must say i was disappointed when i clicks on forums only to find out that i did not get to see the forums.

I know that all your links go straight to the Carbon poker homepage - if that's the case - why even place all those links in there? I felt silly clicking on each link, expecting to get the information that i thought was there, but ending up at the same page each time.

I'm a big fan of a call to action - but this site made me feel that i the choice made was not mine because i could only go in one direction.

I'd suggest narrowing the right column for more emphasis on your main content - and perhaps make the content more attractive - use point form instead of paragraphs might be something you consider.

And your selling point - why would anyone come to your site, when they can go directly to Carbon Poker's?

Hope that all makes sense to you.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-2007, 11:16 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Thanks PokerBank! That looks great!

Mitchel:

Quote:
Only the home page is done so dont click any of the buttons
I am still trying to get the design done before I start on the new stuff. Once I get my own bonuscode and and everything else started the site will be much more useful to new or existing players that happen to come to the site. Traffic is traffic, so if my site is a place for a handful of existing carbon players to come and read the table news and stuff like that then I will be happy. Thanks for the help though.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IDEA - SYN will Review YOUR website, with contextual PR5 on topic Links! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 03-15-2007 04:11 AM
Site review please guys. haynesey New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 12 12-21-2006 03:29 PM
Site Review - er, blog review actually tomt New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 11-04-2006 08:59 PM
Request for review: pokerforfree.org pokerforfree New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 10 08-27-2006 07:52 PM
Review my review mikebrad New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 03-08-2006 07:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0