I'm looking for a quick site review. The tourney section isnt working yet, but the rest of the site is. I may soon add articles etc, as i have a few ready.
The site is paypalpoker.net
There is little content as yet, please add a few suggestions and i am willing to exchange footer links
Also i would have a look at the competions sites and put some time and effort in, dont just throw the site up, to have a site online, i see people do this all the time!
I like the chips for the buttons but watch out for Paypal with that logo. They would be on a gambling related site the moment they find out. I'm pretty sure the name Paypal in also trademarked and you may not even be able to use the domian. Not a lawer so that one might be off, but the logo will get you a lot of heat if PayPal gets wind of it.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
thats what i was thinking about the logo. But i dont think that about the domain, for example the site. PayPalsucks.com that uses the word paypal and i think if they could get that put down they would. Also i believe they use the logo.
That's a pretty targeted niche. I wasn't aware that there were even poker sites that still used Paypal. If they stop using paypal, then I'm not sure what your strategy will be. I would concentrate on adding more information to this site.
Also, you have a date on the homepage, " as of 17th December". You should list a year with that.
Thanks for comments SunPoker & Freydaddy. Will add year now. Very targeted niche. But a large niche i would say. After doing research i reguarly see people post in forums. "What rooms accept paypal?" etc. So there's a definite market.
Applied for ladbrokes account today (affiliate account) Anyone know when that should be answered? Say's 5 working days. But when would this be? Because of xmas i would suspect 28-29th maybe. But i'm hoping for the 24th really.
I would redesign your logo I can see the registered trademark symbol at the end of the word. It looks like you have used photoshop on thier logo to put it on your own...not saying you have but you can see the circle beside the L
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further
You should optimize your page titles for your keywords. Welcome to Paypalpoker.net is not the best site title. Figure out what Keywords you are planning on targeting and get them in your title.
Maybe a title like: PayPal Online Poker Sites
Or whatever the keyphrase you are looking for
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "