Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-18-2007, 12:32 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 870
Default Site review...Am I on the right track?

My site isnt close to being done but I was just wondering what you guys think so far. Most the links dont work (because I havent written the pages yet) and there is ALOT of touching up and editing I have to do. I have been having trouble making tables to put my content in and make it look ok. I will post my 1st site I ever had as well so you can see how far I have come. Please dont be over critical...just let me know how the general feel of the site is. Check out the Blind level guides...they are supposed to be for poker.com but I havent changed it back yet....they still need work though...Thanks

SmallStakesTexasHoldem.com

My First Site
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2007, 12:51 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

I wont go into the content since uv not added much yet.

Im sure uv used that template b4.

Looks good. Color fine. design fine.

I cant see anything obviously wrong.

Yeah, well done. Iv seen some of your old sites. Big improvement
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-18-2007, 12:56 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 870
Default

Thanks edmc....this is actually the only site i have used this template for...ive just been working on it for a while and am having trouble. Maybe a few more months and I will be ready to start on my **** tags lol.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,246
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Wow, a big improvement from your first site, nice work. You may want to take a look at all your **** info, description, **** tags, title. Right now there are 2 title tags (could be seen as spammy by Google.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-18-2007, 01:27 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 870
Default

Thanks Jeremy...when I hit hated "code" button on frontpage I get taken to an alien world! I did make a generic **** tag a while back and i think I used the same one for the whole site. I will have to go back and take one out. My problem is I keep coming up with ideas( like the poker pro section) and then I think of something else (like the beginners guide)...so I have all these pages to write (which isnt fun)...but the only thing I am doing is just thinking of new thinks to write about without actually writing them. I have like 40 pages with a 1000 ideas lol.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-19-2007, 12:19 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default Flight of ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl
the only thing I am doing is just thinking of new thinks to write about without actually writing them. I have like 40 pages with a 1000 ideas lol.
Well, you certainly have a lot of bases covered and some good ideas.

I think you are on the right track.

The only advice I would be competent to give you at this point would be grammatical stuff, and I couldn't find any major typos , although you did use "different" once instead of "differentlly, " and there are a couple of very minor punctuation issues.

Regarding the blind level guides, it seemed to me that the sizes of the average pots between the .50 and $2 levels were larger than they ought to be....but then, if they come from Poker.com I would not know if they were typical.

About the pictures you used for the various Pros...how do you handle the issue of copyright/permissions with stuff like that?
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)

Last edited by xpertadvice4u : 03-19-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2007, 12:33 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 870
Default

I plan on re editing all my text and fixing everything. As for the pics..I personal freinds with each and every one of them...took the pics with my phone...lol j/k

My main question now is...if each cateregory ( things that look like they should be links such as "myths of poker" ,"poker lingo guide"..ect) had a page of unique content hooked to it. Do you think I will have a decent enough ammount of content to stop building and start adding? Im sure im not asking in the clearest terms but hopefully you guys will know what i mean. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-19-2007, 01:23 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

xpert you would have a field day with my grammer. I actually have advanced English passes in the UK but the internet/forum & text messages came into play, not to mention I did some time in US colleges which really screwed my spelling up.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-19-2007, 01:26 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default I did have a good time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmc
xpert you would have a field day with my grammer.
I did in fact....a tasty little bit of fluff she was - indeed!
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 06:07 PM
Review my site please Pokerkid New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 04-09-2006 08:49 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0