Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 217
Default

Whooops! My bad! :O Disregard my comments then!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2007, 05:24 AM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 315
Default

Are you using a dynamic web template for this new site? I only recently found out how to use them and it has made my web design life so much easier. I highly recommend looking into using one if you havent already. They are simple to set up and they will save you hours of time in the future for any site-wide redesigns.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-24-2007, 01:50 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
If beginners want a model of a new site that has real potential check out NewPokerGirl's

http://www.smallstakestexasholdem.com/

She's focusing on a niche....... new, small stakes players.

Her site isn't green and black with tiny fonts (a real killer)...... it's mostly white with an easy to read format and tasteful color scheme and graphics.

She talks to her site visitors like they are real people not just numbers.

If she added a forum and newsletter sign up.

Got rid of the blinking banners.

Compressed her content and simplified navigation.

Increased her Page Rank and fixed her **** tags..... she'll have a good chance of grabbing enough players over time to make some real money.
  1. Add a forum - I just figured if a visitor came to my site via google to read an article about poker strategy and was browsing around my site and saw a dead forum it might be a ugly eye sore for my site and that might reflect apon my content reducing the number of repeat visitors.
Am I wrong or should I add a forum now? I just figured I would adda forum when I was getting a lot more traffic from SE's so I would have the time and resources to really promote a forum via freerolls...giveaways...ect.

2. Newsletter - I will do..

3. Get rid of blinking banners - I will do...Any suggestions on what would be a good substitute?

4.Fixed **** tags - I have recently updated my **** tags, are you refering to the updated one? I have had alot of trouble with my tags and making my content seo freindly and match my tags. I have been spending alot of time looking at alot of time looking at **** tags from other poker related sites and I have found that everyone does them differently, for example, some say do not put your site name in your title tag while some very successful affiliates do it, drawdead.com for example. Any input of references you can give me would be great. No matter how i do my tags I always feel that they could be alot better.

Sorry for the length of this but any tips you or anyone else can give would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:30 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

NPG I think a forum would be great once you are done the site. If you add it now you will have to be able to juggle, trying to complete your site and running the forum. Things look really good though
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-24-2007, 11:14 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Thanks Cheryle, I have soo much unfinished work on my site but its good to hear positive things. Yea, I think I will wait til I get more traffic and content to start a forum. Most of the stuff I have wrote is pretty crappy since i wrote it a while ago and didnt care much for quality. I want to redo my blind level guides and really give visitors all the info they need on their favorite blinds at a certain site. I will have to spend ALOT of time on carbon poker just analyzing the stats and stuff like that. Maybe even making a database of players that are known for playing tight,loose...ect...I could go on and on...but after a long day at work I just want to check my stats and go to bed lol...Thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-25-2007, 12:00 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I can relate..if you need some players I have tagged and tagged. I am finding it difficult right now trying to balance both finishing the site and the forum. I make sure my emails go to my AM's and members for games but as far as posting I try to make sure I am in there a couple of times a week to respond to posts or update stats. Once I am done with teh site to the point of only needing to update pages or add a few here and there I will be focusing on teh forum.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Smile

Quote:
  1. Add a forum - I just figured if a visitor came to my site via google to read an article about poker strategy and was browsing around my site and saw a dead forum it might be a ugly eye sore for my site and that might reflect apon my content reducing the number of repeat visitors.
Hey NewPokerGirl,

All forums start out with just 1 member...... you!

I believe I was #4 to sign up here at PAW.... and look at it now just 3 years later.

Don't link to your new forum from any page on your site..... just get it started.

Ask friends and family that are into poker to post something interesting everyday for a month or so to get the ball rolling.

Count me in. And that's a promise.

Once you feel the time is right.... launch it with links from every page on your site. Really push it and deliver value.

Having just 100 loyal fans is like money in the bank. Even small stakes players add up over time.

There is an old internet marketing saying...."The money is in the list".

That goes for loyal forum members and newsletter subscribers.

These are people that trust your opinion.... you can promote every new bonus offer and poker strategy ebook that comes out to your fans. As long as you truly believe they are good deals.... never, ever lie just to make a buck. They'll see right through you.


Every visitor to your site is a potential new friend and goldmine.

Treat them that way with helpful content, the ability to interact with like minded people, great deals that save, or could make them money or famous.....and a smile.

And anything else that you can come up with......be creative and think big.

You can build an empire on just 10 site visitors a day..... if you can convince just 1 of them that your site and forum is their new home for all things poker.

That's your strength NewPokerGirl.......... your enthusiasm is contagious.

When I find the time I'll post about your **** tags and other suggestions.

Keep up the great work and you'll make out just fine.

Dave
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Thanks alot for the advice Dave and Cheryle.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 AM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hey NewPokerGirl,
Count me in. And that's a promise.

Dave
Dam NPG, u have a good fan. Must be movin forward
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-25-2007, 01:02 AM
abcd abcd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
I need a review for the best site i have every made all by myself. Only the home page is done so dont click any of the buttons. It was hard to do since we don't have any creatives for Carbon Poker yet but I'm sure they wont mind if I borrow some from PDC until I get my own. I figure this will be my pet project and I will make a blog with the day to day events at Carbon (tournament winners, bad beats..ect) along with current news and stuff like that It could be a nice site for a beginner like me. I still have some work to do but tell me what you gus think so far ..Thanks, here is the site:

www.CarbonPokerBonuses.com

ps. I also own carbonpoker.info +carbonpokerreview.com...should I use either of these instead?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IDEA - SYN will Review YOUR website, with contextual PR5 on topic Links! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 03-15-2007 04:11 AM
Site review please guys. haynesey New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 12 12-21-2006 03:29 PM
Site Review - er, blog review actually tomt New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 11-04-2006 08:59 PM
Request for review: pokerforfree.org pokerforfree New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 10 08-27-2006 07:52 PM
Review my review mikebrad New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 03-08-2006 07:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0