Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-18-2006, 09:49 AM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 167
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default Request for review: pokerforfree.org

Fellow affiliates,

My site is (officially) up and running since about one month now, and I have filled it up with content. It's become part of my daily habit, and to be true, I have almost forgotten about playing poker like I used to.

So far, not so good. I have only 16 Google indexes and of course no PR yet. Will see what will happen in the coming weeks since i have taken care of most SEO stuff.

There's definitely some stuff to do. I guess I should focus on "keywords".

Does anyone have experience with GoClick.com? They allow poker related advertising's. I'd like to hear experiences, so drop me a line if you have...

Anyway, please have a critical look at my site and let me know what you think, or better, where improvements can be made.

Thanks,

Giorgio/PokerForFree

Site for review: http://www.pokerforfree.org
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-18-2006, 10:26 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 631
Default

Giorgio,

The site looks pretty good, but as a user I was a little bit overwhelmed with all the "news" on the homepage. You have the center section with freerolls at Dream poker, and then a "latest on pokerforfree" box in the center section with more news. I would try to organize that a bit more because I honestly didn't know where to go first on the site.

I would also consider widening the center section a bit and placing some more promotions in nice, easy to read sections above the fold.

Good luck.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-2006, 03:39 PM
minga's Avatar
minga minga is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 46
Default Feedback

Hi Giorgio -

I would change the text at the top of the page that says "Home" to Poker For Free. With the banner at the top and your logo in the top left corner, your web site name gets lost.

Also, I agree with Mark - maybe some different organization to the home page - it gets confusing with 4 columns of different information.

It looks like you're targeting people who want to play online for free, but there is no intro text saying how you're going to show folks how to do it.

I really like the colors and layout (other than the 4 columns). Best of luck to you!

Michele
__________________
Putting buns in Seats
Promoting Charity Poker in Michigan
Michele
http://www.UMichiganPoker.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-19-2006, 03:22 AM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 167
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default Good news

This morning I had the pleasant surprise that my Google indexes raised from 16 to 28. Yesterday I noticed that the MSN bot made a visit to my site, so also 16 indexes there. By the way, I use SEO Quake. Very handy tool, I recommend this to everyone who does SEO.

Quote:
Edit: This were the results later today. MNS popped to 75!
Now about the comments, I agree with most of them. Since I basically focused on structure, strict coding, content, SEO etc. etc., I will now have to start working on the layout and how people actually go through my site. I know there are still some minor bugs that should be fixed. I guess I have to prioritise what comes first.

You are absolutely right when you say that my sites' goal is to learn people how to play poker for free, although I wouldn't mind a little deposit. I will keep adding articles to keep it interesting and I have so many more great ideas, just that the time is lacking.

I wonder, is it possible to make a living out of this?

Love to get some more feedback, very much appreciated!

Giorgio/PokerForFree
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos

Last edited by pokerforfree : 08-19-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,019
Default

SEO quake? Never heard of it, can't find it on google. Got a link?
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2006, 02:33 PM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 167
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

Here you go: http://www.seoquake.com/
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-27-2006, 04:00 PM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 167
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

Anyone else willing to take a look and give me some feedback?

Thx.
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-27-2006, 04:53 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,273
Default

No bad but you're tackling some pretty heavy keywords. "Poker for Free" = 111,000,000 sites listed and top rankers are actual poker rooms.

For one month is seems to have some content but still needs a lot more.

I didnt quite understand the "login" button?

On your bonus chasing guide the first anchor text is mispelled "bonusses".

I've never used goclick.com but have had some success with other ppc in the past like roar. (they suck now)

Later
__________________
Buying links in content (sites 1 year or older). PM me if you are interested.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-27-2006, 05:20 PM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 167
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default Wow

Poker For Free is indeed a very heavy keyword phrase. I will have to do some more research, although I already did some.

I am adding content daily, but unfortunately have to prioritise, since I have limited time.

Bonuses misspelled. Oops! (I wonder how many people misspell that in Google?) It's fixed now.

The login function is there for future. If I succeed, I will have a "members only" zone with special deals, passwords to the Poker For Free Freerolls etc.

I will have to go through each and ever page soon because I need to edit the **** description and keywords. They are now all the same... This will be a hell of a job... determining which keywords to use for what pages. Then I will also focus on the specific keywords in the page content.

I have about 1 month left before I want everything to be set. This is when Google will update its' PR. I expect a boost of visitors by then, since I have some PR3 and PR4 sites linking to me.

I can't tell about GoClick! yet. I am waiting for my credit card invoice for a number to use to validate my account. As soon as it's up and running I will report it in this forum. PAW has been of great help setting up my site so far.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Giorgio / Poker For Free


PS: Do you have any experience with Press Releases?
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
BryanHauer.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 432
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan
Default

I would NOT use goclick.com. Use the search feature here and there's a number of posts on it including some of my experiences with them.

Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon

And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either. Also, check out my other Premium WordPress Themes!

Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tournament Request kaus 888.com - PacificPoker.com Affiliate Program 3 12-13-2006 11:36 PM
Site Review request | Poker Professor Zilla New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 11 07-25-2006 10:10 PM
partner request NeverBeg The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 03-09-2006 01:44 PM
Making a link request form in dreamweaver the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 01-04-2006 09:41 PM
Request for Stephen (Paradise) Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 06-19-2005 09:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0