Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-02-2006, 01:58 PM
tomt tomt is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 163
Default Site Review - er, blog review actually

I put up this poker blog about a month before the gambling bill crushed the life out of Party. Even during those first three weeks while it was still in a very rough form I was getting a nice little stream of rmps from party. Now I'm averaging 900 visits to the site a day, getting a fair number of players for FT and PStars, and about 2/3 of the traffic is from outside the US. Number two on the Google for "youtube poker" for whatever that's worth.

Any opinions, suggestions, ideas, brutal criticisms appreciated. I'm pretty tech-challenged so use small words.

And, yes, I'm a bit concerned about GooTube's purging of copyrighted (copywritten?) material, but have emotionally prepped myself for that possibility.

Also looking to sub for someone who can contribute just a bit of time and mentoring at other rooms, like: Doyle's Room, Bodog, Absolute.


http://youtubepoker.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-02-2006, 03:59 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 621
Default

Great idea for a small little niche. I think eventually you will want to compile as many as possible and then group them in easy to read and find categories. Maybe by poker pro or by event. Perhaps you could eventually make it into a full fledged site.

Good luck.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2006, 04:50 PM
haynesey haynesey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 597
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

like sunpoker said, excellent idea. Just out of intrest how many real money players you had out of your sign ups?
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-2006, 05:53 PM
tomt tomt is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 163
Default Well, actually

they have been grouped. Down the right hand side, split up into: bad beats, wsop, wsop 2006, top ten videos, etc.
Since Party dropped out and I started with FT and Pstars it hasn't been spectacular. LIke three dozen FT downloads last month with only four rmps so far, and about a dozen and four from Pstars. Not setting the world on fire, yet.
Studying/working on presentation and trying to develop some marketing smarts.
Boy, do I miss Party.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,015
Default

I love the concept, awesome.

How did you get so much traffic to such a new site? PPC?
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-04-2006, 08:59 PM
tomt tomt is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 163
Default I have a confession to make.

I'm a bad person. I spammed YouTube's comments sections.
God, I feel so much better now that I've confessed. I've stopped spamming and won't ever do it again.

On a more semi-serious note - it just hit an untapped niche, I guess. Two thirds of my traffic is from outside the US, places that haven't been inundated with WSOP reruns. I suppose that's part of the appeal. Plus it's nice to be able to catch a short clip and go back for more later.
A bunch of forums picked up on it: five German poker forums, three from the UK, one from the Netherlands, a French PC user forum, a north American sports betting forum, a nascar racers forum, a "combat arts" forum. Oh, and one day got about fifty visitors from the Neverwin forums when someone posted that the site had nude pics of Shana Hiatt.
Who's been spending too much time checking out his site-meter stats?

So I feel like I've got an audience, and am trying to figure out the best way to exploit it.

Got to thank everyone who's contributed to these forums and written articles for PAW. So much good information here.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 06:07 PM
Site re-design review - bankrollbacker.com Aidan New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 13 11-08-2006 10:31 PM
PR4 blog write ups for your site Georgia Poker The Poker Affiliate Exchange 6 05-05-2006 03:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0