| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 09-28-2007, 02:56 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 480
|
|
Hey Jeremy,
Has the Soap Opera network called you yet? They might be interested in syndicating this mess.
On a serious note, I have read through this whole thing and all I can say is this should serve as an important reminder for everyone as to how critical it is to do your due diligence when engaging in ANY kind of business transaction!
I don't know who is right or wrong here, and I won't make a judgement, I just hope you guys can get it resolved with your reputations and credibility in tact. Honestly, it seems like your both good, reputable companies, and I know you are, its just to bad its had to come to this!
|
 09-28-2007, 02:59 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 37
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by absentx
Hey Jeremy,
Has the Soap Opera network called you yet? They might be interested in syndicating this mess.
On a serious note, I have read through this whole thing and all I can say is this should serve as an important reminder for everyone as to how critical it is to do your due diligence when engaging in ANY kind of business transaction!
I don't know who is right or wrong here, and I won't make a judgement, I just hope you guys can get it resolved with your reputations and credibility in tact. Honestly, it seems like your both good, reputable companies, and I know you are, its just too bad its had to come to this!
|
Thanks for your thoughts Absentx. And thanks to all, including Jeremy 
|
 09-28-2007, 03:05 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,000
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_jks
Oh..one more thing my dear friend. You mentioned Pokerlistings who is sending us work frequently...so may be you wanna ask the pokerlistings people about us, about the "crap" quality you are talking about! Let me know if you wanna receive the contact details of pokerlistings people who are in contact with me regarding projects.
Next time, before calling any work "crap", do ask others what they think of the work quality! Many thanks once again for your thoughts.
Just wanted to add, Yes, our work is of good quality everytime, for every client. If you have any doubts, I can provide you a lot of my client details...you may ask anyone of them, no problems to me at all!
|
crap = something that your client could not use
P.S. Congrats on killing your own rep. Good luck getting future customers!
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***
Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
|
 09-28-2007, 03:54 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 37
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
crap = something that your client could not use
P.S. Congrats on killing your own rep. Good luck getting future customers!
|
Yes, that's why I'm getting more and more clients every month who are pleased with our quality, it doesnt bothers me if one/two say the work as crap. Majority of people in this industry who have worked with us know about our quality.
By the way, you are doing good work as a "moderator"!- "P.S. Congrats on killing your own rep. Good luck getting future customers!"
Take care brother.
Last edited by akhil_jks : 09-28-2007 at 04:14 AM.
|
 09-28-2007, 06:14 AM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
|
|

I don't understand what's the confusion here. PSO made an order, they've worked with Akhilesh for several months, and when they've 'discovered' that they don't like the quality of the translations, they suddenly hired 12 in-house translators. It looks and sounds fishy. If they had wanted to review the quality of the translations they should've made some tests first, and not throw themselves on a 6-digits speed-to-market-campaign.
You reap what you sow, and they were sloppy in handling this whole thing. Plus they wanted 'translations', not 'rewrites'. Of course the translations sound weird in other languages, that's because they're writing English into another language. It's a chicken and egg situation. If Akhilesh's guys had rewritten the text so it would sound well in their native language, PSO would've come and accused them of changing the text and not translating it. I think PSO should follow through on the deal and pay the man what he's owed. It's common business sense in this case. If not they should at least mediate and come to terms somehow.
Just my 2¢
|
 09-28-2007, 06:52 AM
|
|
Mouthy American Girl
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 325
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_jks
Yes, that's why I'm getting more and more clients every month who are pleased with our quality, it doesnt bothers me if one/two say the work as crap. Majority of people in this industry who have worked with us know about our quality.
By the way, you are doing good work as a "moderator"!- "P.S. Congrats on killing your own rep. Good luck getting future customers!"
Take care brother.
|
See I was pretty much on your side till just then...
I write content as I'm sure ya probably already know, and it drives me freakin nuts when one of my customers aren't happy. First I get personally offended, then I find guilt.. then I .. overcompensate.. gosh I'm real sorry I didn't catch that typo, but yknow what, the next articles on me.. kinda complex.
Here are a few lil senerios for ya to think about though, and whatever happens, in business, and more importantly in life I hope you always remember no one is unimportant.. .. that one really 'not important' client you have.. just a quicky $100 job, no biggie right.. he's small potatoes.. till one day a big site hires him, and he has your next 20k contract to offer..
Not to mention half the guys here know each other... there are stats, I don't remember them.. but they go something like this ..
You do some work for some guy.. he's happy.. he tells a friend..
another happy guy.. another friend.. about 10 friends get told through this method, what a great service you offer... one calls.
You do some 'crappy' work.. and that one guy.. he will tell every dayum body he can get to listen.. for a long long long time.. a few of those will even tell some friends.. "I head tht one company.. he rips people off.. doesn't live up to deals ..whatever.." .. none of those people.. not one.. will call you.
All of these comments aside from everything else you have written.. nothing personal here.. just hoping I can convince you that .. they are all.. every single client.. and person you meet outside of work, from the 80k contract, to the 18 word translation.. to the lady at the coffee shop.. they're all important.. equally so.. and someday... they might just show you.
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
|
 09-28-2007, 07:58 AM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6
|
|
Hi,
I think that this mess need to be solved, but not like this, its not
Professional and disrespectful. From my point of view, akhil, if you have this kind of issues, get a Lawyer, the way you doing it right now will not solve anything, at the end you still dont have your money....
And Fandv, you should know better, never get outsource with out a good feedback.
I hope you guys will find a solutions instead of crushing each other on a Forum.
__________________
Howtobringtraffic.com Team
|
 09-28-2007, 09:36 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 37
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringtraffic
Hi,
I think that this mess need to be solved, but not like this, its not
Professional and disrespectful. From my point of view, akhil, if you have this kind of issues, get a Lawyer, the way you doing it right now will not solve anything, at the end you still dont have your money....
And Fandv, you should know better, never get outsource with out a good feedback.
I hope you guys will find a solutions instead of crushing each other on a Forum.
|
Dear members,
Thanks for your reply. First of all, I want to say that I misunderstood Graham a bit- my apologies brother. I was just trying to say that it really hurts when someone makes comment about the translation quality without actually knowing us/our quality.
I have been just advised by one of my clients not to mention names of the clients here as it's not a usual practice in this industry- Ladyholdem also said something similar. I didnt knew anything about it because I'm only related to translations. So I apologise if I have annoyed someone because of this.
The reason why I'm posting here again n again is because my team worked so hard for PSO. I was 100% flexible and ready to do any changes the client wanted- inspite of the fact that I have forwarded samples to many clients and they found the samples quite good. As you might have seen in the chat images- Mike said those clients dont know any better....this thing can really make anyone angry because if you are working since 5 years for the betterment of this industry and one day a guy comes n say - no, your work is crap. This hurts badly, very badly. And that too when I asked them to send the files to be corrected again n again.
Now, some people want to know why I posted this incident here when it's not going to give me any money. The answer is, I also know it's not going to give me any money. But I had posted here only because the client not only deducted the money but also put a lot of false allegations like machine translations, I refused to do corrections, etc. etc. What the most painful thing is- some members- inspite of the evidences I posted, dont want to understand my honesty.
Still, I want to thank you all for your opinions.
Last edited by akhil_jks : 09-28-2007 at 09:44 AM.
|
 09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 37
|
|

Dear bringtraffic,
I can go for a lawyer but to be very honest- it will cost me even more than 15k$ + time. My clients also suggested me this option but when we thought together on it, we realized that it's not very practical thing to do because the person in this question lives outside India. It will be a difficult procedure that's why I didnt thought much about it and instead decided to post here- to know what other people suggest.
Why should someone post a incident like this in open forum when he knows that it can take the matter a long way and may not be in its favour? The only reason is when you get screwed of your hard earned money without any valid reason, you have to ask your elders and more experienced people like you that what to do now. The support/comments I saw here really make me feel good that there are many people who always go with truth.
And this incident won't change my way of dealing with my esteemed clients. Some people may call me stupid that I invoice my clients after completing whole work for them but this is the way I do business- based on faith and trust. And none of my clients except one ever did anything bad with me.
Thank you very much.
|
 09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 688
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
P.S. Congrats on killing your own rep. Good luck getting future customers!
|
I've only skimmed threads so perhaps I'm missing something. I don't really see how he's ruined his reputation and from the posts I've read he seems to be polite and sticks mostly to facts with emails etc.
Perhaps I missed something or just interpreted his English differently.
For something so heated, both sides actually impressed me in their responses. Even after a lot of people kind of bashed akhil_jks he still seemed reasonable in his responses.
To be honest I'm impressed with both companies over this and would consider doing business with both of them if I ever needed something either offered.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
- Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
- Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.
|