| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 06-07-2007, 01:16 PM
|
|
Longest Poster Ever
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 439
|
|
Soap Opera continues: Case study in Dementia
I think this is an interesting case study in what can go wrong in dealing with people. You can see the lack of honest dialogue going on.
It's either him, or me, that is losing their marbles.
Jeremy and Brandon supported me on this issue, which I greatly appreciate....it was suggested I contact his affiliate managers.
I told "Scrappy" I would do that.
What follows is the ensuing email exchange, which is rather interesting, because it shows one of us does not know what they are talking about.
This is way past the "honest mistake" stage.
Here is his reply:
Quote:
In a message dated 6/6/2007 9:50:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:
Regarding your purchase of both www.carbonpokerforums.com and www.worldpokerforums.com this will be my final email concerning the matter. I have given you several opportunities to initiate the transfer of the domains as it is your resposibility as the buyer who has chossen to use a host other than the current host. I have tried to explain this several times to you but I feel you lack the mental capacity to understand. I have paid your hosting fees on both accounts for 2 months now and refuse to pay another month. If you choose to continue to make false accusations towards me in public places you will leave me no choice but to pursue other avenues to stop you. In your previous email you informed me that on behalf of Poker Affiliate World you are acting and strickly on there advice and request. In this email Poker Affiliate world has now been notified of posts on there site that are now causing me to suffer in a financial way and will be held liable if this continues for all losses suffered as a direct result of there actions. Russ its simple I have given you many hours of my time free of charge you chose a different host and it is impossible for me to read minds and change hosts for you. YOU MUST INITIATE THE SERVER CHANGE I CANT! You also know as well as I that all I need to do is forward the 123 emails from you to anyone who questions my efforts to help you and they would see the position you have put me in for no reason. I will also be sending a copy of this email to all sites I am an affiliate with in defense of my good name you and poker affiliate world are attempting to tarnish. It not only shows a lack of ethics but a lack of overall class.
Thank you,
In a message dated 6/6/2007 7:03:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:
You have got to be kidding me. Try educating yourself The domain purchaser initiates the transfer as you were told. Am I to read your mind as to where you will be hosting the domain? You were ask several times to initiate the transfer and chose to wait due to your own incompitance and your intent of having me setup new sites for you at no charge. You are under the impresion that I am an employee of yours but am not.and furthermore you purchased one site from me and another person purchased another which has put me in a bad position as I have already turned over ownership of both sites to you. Please feel free to contact anyone you would likew as you will only be spreading knowledge of your own ignorance.My ethics are impecable and will always remain so. Try spending a couple minutes to understand domain transfer procedures before making a fool of yourself. The sites are yours and in know way have you ever been led to think they are not.
wrote:
<**** *********"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3086" name=GENERATOR>At the suggestion of Poker Affiliate World management, I will be contacting every one of your affiliate managers and describing your unethical behavior, and the fact that you still refuse to turn over the websites which I have purchased.
You have been using the sites I purchased to advertise and promote for your own website, and continuing to use your own affiliate codes on those sites - without my permission.
Poker Affiliate World will be supporting me on this, seeing as I bought these sites through your ads on their site. I am not sure if you are aware that they are part of Poker News, the largest affiliate in the world.
Go ahead, spit in their face too, Craig.
Check out the Terms and Conditions of your affiliate agreements.
Most of them state that they do not want to do business with unethical people, and that includes people who steal content, or scrape, and what you have been doing is worse than that.
I want my websites. The actual domain names are a separate issue.
When, and how, do you intend to turn them over to me, on a server account which I can control?
You can still just purchase them back from me for half-price, and resell them if you want...
You get to make another profit.
Make up your mind soon, before I get too far down the list of people you do business with.
Russ
Copy sent to Jeremy and Brandon, c/o PAW
|
He just seems incapable of separating the issue of domain name transfers from the issue of MIGRATING the website contents from one server to another.
Keep in mind that his early posts here indicated that he was very new to website construction.
My reply will be in my next post.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
|
 06-07-2007, 01:26 PM
|
|
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,005
|
|
.
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah
Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...
Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Last edited by edmc : 06-16-2007 at 01:49 PM.
|
 06-07-2007, 01:37 PM
|
|
Longest Poster Ever
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 439
|
|
Next episode:
In this episode, Russ tries yet again to find out how he is ever going to acquire access to and control over the content and files he has purchased at a price almost all critics on PAW have stated he was a fool to pay.
Wouldn't you think someone charging inflated prices would agree to help migrate the sites? or at least allow me to do it?
Quote:
In a message dated 6/6/2007 10:56:56 P.M. Central Daylight Time, XXRussXX writes:
Quote:
In a message dated 6/6/2007 9:50:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:
I have paid your hosting fees on both accounts for 2 months now and refuse to pay another month.
|
And how am I supposed to get the sites off of your server, Mr. Hartigan?
You refuse to answer that question, don't you?
One simple little question that you continue to stick your head in the sand about.
It is a question you will have to answer in any court of law.
Please sue me, Craig....Please, please, please!
And don't worry, I have been advised to contact the FBI about your continued refusal to provide me access to the digital products I purchased, namely two websites AND two domain names.
Thank you for proving yourself a liar in writing, Craig.
You stated: "you chose a different host and it is impossible for me to read minds and change hosts for you. YOU MUST INITIATE THE SERVER CHANGE I CANT! "
You don't have to read any minds to know that I use Netfirms, Craig. You destroyed one of my websites on that server, by deleting the database "accidentally" if you recall.
I gave you the password to my account at Netfirms. I have witnesses that you attempted to install phpFox on my Netfirms server.
Netfirms also has records of your IP address logging into the server.
You are saying YOU couldn't initiate transfer??? Aren't you aware people are going to be reading this???Who do you think is going to be fooled by your lies?
You could have transferred the sites any time you wanted, as I asked you to do.
All you needed was the FTP password to my server, which I already gave you....and would gladly give you again.
You also could have let me transfer the sites, myself, if you had given me FTP access to the server you have held my sites on. You have refused to do this.
You must be in really bad shape not to realize what kind of an ass you are making of yourself.
You don't want to pay the fees, FINE.
Then turn over the accounts to me.
Give me the user names, the account numbers and the passwords, and I'll take them over.
I offered this solution several emails ago.
You are not being falsely accused of anything, Mr. Hartigan.
The truth of the matter is you have been given many chances to turn over the sites, and have ignored all requests, and instead are focusing on the domain names.
The websites have nothing to do with domain names. They could be attached to any domain name.
I ask you again: when, and how, will you provide me with the digital products I purchased.
I will tell everybody and anybody I can, especially in court, that you refuse to give me my websites, and refuse to let me get them myself.
Case closed.
Now give me the websites, or refund half of my money - or face the consequences of embarrassing yourself further. It is your responsibility to deliver the product you sold. I have given you every opportunity to do so, and have even told you how to do it.
I have every right to publish my emails anywhere I want, and people can read for themselves the truth.
People will see that you have not been responding to my emailed requests to give me my sites.
And I have every right to report your unethical behavior to the website where you advertised your products.
You could end this at any time.
Give me my websites.
Don't want to tell me why you won't do that? You have never explained it.
You can tell it to the judge, Craig.
End it, now.
|
Stay tuned for next episode, when Craig tells Russ again what an idiot he is, and DROPS A BOMBSHELL!!!
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
|
 06-07-2007, 01:40 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 727
|
|
It sounds like neither of you know how to transfer a domain which seems to be the biggest problem. You may both want to contact your hosting providers and ask them what is needed to perform the transfer.
Have you initiated the transfer? Has he unlocked the domains and given you the AUTH Code? What exactly is the hold up?
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
|
 06-07-2007, 01:49 PM
|
|
Longest Poster Ever
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 439
|
|
A Bombshell drops....or is it?
So Craig sends stunning information! After me requesting him to at least give me FTP access, and him ignoring my request, email after email....
he tells me he sent me this information LONG ago....and that I was too stupid to know what FTP meant.
He again tells me that I have to initiate transfer from my new host.
Quote:
In a message dated 6/7/2007 2:20:20 A.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:
your a funny man. Contact anyone you want you moron. YOU INITIATE THE TRANSFER FROM YOUR NEW HOST! I have told you this for months. You chose not to host the sites on the current server. What part dont you get? Stop wasting my time as you are an obvious idiot. You have been given ftp access to the sites 2 days after the payment cleared or do you not remember asking me what an FTP is? it stands for file transfer protocal. Get it now or am I supposed to teach you all of this. Do people a favor if your to stupid to own a site dont buy one ok. I cant fix stupid Russ nor will I attempt it. Good luck with your sites as I will once again wait for you to properly initiate the transfers. If you need assistance in moving your sites there is a minimum charge of $1500 for my time to setup anything in the future for you as you waste far to much of my time with your stupid questions. Tell the FBI hi for me but be carefull as you might make the top 10 idiot list with your moronic complaint. lol
|
WOW!!! I must be losing my mind! For over a month now, I have been asking this poor man for Something he has already given me!
What an IDIOT I am....I should apologize....
But, wait....where are the emails he sent this information in???
He has not sent that many...he refused to answer any of mine for weeks.
Where? Cannot find them.
Maybe Craig will be happy to send me copies, and PROVE what an idiot I am.
I'll ask him:
Quote:
In a message dated 6/7/2007 4:10:20 A.M. Central Daylight Time, DrRussW writes:
In a message dated 6/7/2007 2:20:20 A.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:
You have been given ftp access to the sites 2 days after the payment cleared or do you not remember asking me what an FTP is?
I've known what FTP was for years, just did not know how to do it.
Your payment cleared on May 4.
The only mail you sent 2 days later was the one below....on May 6, 2007.
If I had FTP access, why would I repeatedly be asking for it, and why wouldn't you have simply said:
"I already sent it to you, Russ."
Send me the email where I asked you what FTP meant, and send me the email where you sent me the FTP info and I will apologize.
|
Gosh, I am so embarrassed....Can't wait to read the copy he forwards me.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
|
 06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
|
|
Longest Poster Ever
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 439
|
|
Russ expects to see the missing emails...
So, I finally am going to realize what a fool I have been when Craig sends the missing emails, except he does not.
Just tells me some more what an idiot I am for not knowing that my Hosting Provider will automatically "MOVE" the site for me. Which is totally UNTRUE. I asked them.
But, he does FINALLY send me one FTP password, for the crappiest site.
But...where is the other one?
He still does not see any difference between transfering a domain, and MIGRATING a website. I try yet again to get him to see the difference:
Quote:
In a message dated 6/7/2007 12:54:19 P.M. Central Daylight Time, XXRussXX writes:
Quote:
In a message dated 6/7/2007 12:29:30 P.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:
ftp.worldpokerforums.com login XXXXXXX pass XXXXXXX1
For some reason you just dont get it. YOU INITIATE THE TRANFER. You tell your host that you are moving the site to there server and after I comfirm THE TRANSFER YOU INITIATE they will move your site for you (Your host will arrange it) there is no FTP access evem needed why dont you get it? You appeared to be an intelligent man what happened? And as far as me using the sites. I used 1 to host my banners for my other pages for 1 simple reason YOU HAVE STUCK ME PAYING FOR HOSTING EVERY MONTH why would i not at least get minimal use of it I PAYED FOR IT
|
Where is the FTP information for carbonpokerforums.com???
Where are the forwarded copies of the emails in which you sent me this information?
Please forward these emails so that I can publicly apologize.
There are two separate issues here, Craig.
1)Migrating the files from your server to my server.
2)Transferring domain name registrations.
How are the files going to MIGRATE from Godaddy's server to *my* server? Hmm?
There is no way that I am aware of *other than FTP* or manually downloading and uploading individual files.
Answer *that* question, Craig, please?
My host is not going to MIGRATE that site for me.
They have confirmed that fact for me over the phone.
How would they get into your server *without FTP access*????
They can just magically go into Godaddy servers and download the files???
They *will* TRANSFER the domain name.
And I did initiate the process, and you failed to forward the confirmation codes to me within the 5 day deadline they impose, and you also failed to send me the Authorization codes from Godaddy *period*.
You did not even bother to send me the Confirmation code for Worldpoker forums.
I await answers to my questions, and the FTP information for Carbonpokerforums.com
|
Gosh, if YOU had a chance to prove that I am a complete IDIOT who is losing his marbles - by merely forwarding one simple email with the missing information....wouldn't YOU take that opportunity to embarrass me?
Still waiting for the copies of the emails where he sent me the information I have been begging for for over a month.
Still wondering why - if he already sent it - he would never have at least said "Hey, idiot, I sent that to you...why do you keep asking for it?"
Instead, his emails always ignore the issue of FTP access.
And, uh, in response to Graham's accusation that I do not know how to conduct a domain name transfer,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
It sounds like neither of you know how to transfer a domain which seems to be the biggest problem. You may both want to contact your hosting providers and ask them what is needed to perform the transfer.
Have you initiated the transfer? Has he unlocked the domains and given you the AUTH Code? What exactly is the hold up?
|
I detailed the procedures for Mr. Hartigan several times in various emails. (posted in other thread) He failed/refused to follow through with the Authorization codes within the deadlines required by the Registrars, probably because he does not seem to know what they are.
Of course, Graham shares Mr. Hartigan's conviction that I am a complete idiot, so....I am sure I will not change either of their minds.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Last edited by xpertadvice4u : 06-07-2007 at 02:18 PM.
|
 06-07-2007, 02:21 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,130
|
|
IMO if he wanted to settle this and not have his name dragged through the mud than he should have come on PAW and explain himself when asked to do so . Obviously he read the threads, he should have stood up for himself. Hopefully thsi will end for both of you soon and the two of you can move on
__________________
|
 06-07-2007, 02:36 PM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,931
|
|
Wow this is a soap opera. I unbanned Scrappy so that if he feels like commenting he can. Hopefully you guys can get this worked out asap.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|
 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
|
|
Longest Poster Ever
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 439
|
|
what explanation is there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus
IMO if he wanted to settle this and not have his name dragged through the mud than he should have come on PAW and explain himself when asked to do so . Obviously he read the threads, he should have stood up for himself. Hopefully thsi will end for both of you soon and the two of you can move on
|
What explanation could there possibly be?
How do you justify not giving a Buyer FTP access to sites he purchased?
You DON'T.
You pretend that you did give it, and the other guy was just too dumb to remember.
He was pissed with me after he mistakenly deleted one of my websites while supposedly helping me install a CMS....I suggested that it would not have happened if he had read my emails where I discussed which domain to use.
He decided to stonewall me after that, and has complained that he was not my employee. No, he was a Vendor, supposed to make good on promises of installation and customization he included as part of the deal.
He has a strong passive-aggressive element to his personality, and has been punishing me for my transgression (i.e. complaining about the results of his "help.")
So, he does not bother to read emails sent to him in their entirety, and does not bother to respond...
If it was ME, I would just send the FTP information to shut the guy up.
Instead, it has been over a month, and took threats to report him to affiliates - with Jeremy's support before he finally coughed up ONE of the FTP passwords.
He will NEVER admit he has done anything wrong, and will evade no matter what.
Yes, why is he NOT posting his emails to me containing the alleged month-old FTP information right *here*???
If I am such a demented old fool that I would ask for information I already had - surely the rest of the members deserve to know it?
And why would he not bother to send *me* the emails, to shut me up - ONCE and for all time?
Sorry for the rhetorical questions: I think the answers are obvious.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
|
 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
|
|
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,005
|
|
.
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah
Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...
Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Last edited by edmc : 06-16-2007 at 01:48 PM.
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.
|