Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 946
Default

I wasnt either I was actually agreeing with you and commenting on his email stating you are dragging him down when first and foremost he should have been correcting the situation with you, and once you went public with it if he felt it was wrong than he should have came here to discuss.

I wasn't saying you were wrong at all...sorry if I did not explain in detail
Reply With Quote
  #12   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 670
Default

Okay, so if you both know how to do the transfer why don't you start talking to each other in a civilized manner to get it done. If you continue with this back and forth name calling I can tell you that nothing will ever get resolved.

I am not taking anyone's side in this because frankly I don't care, but there is always the possibility that he has done everything right and the hosting provider is the one to blame.

Maybe you guys could set up a conference call with the technical support from his hosting company and try to work it out. If he was really trying to screw you over, at this point I think he would simply come out and say so, but maybe I am wrong.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #13   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 03:18 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 393
Default yah, blame the host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Okay, so if you both know how to do the transfer why don't you start talking to each other in a civilized manner to get it done. If you continue with this back and forth name calling I can tell you that nothing will ever get resolved.
I did not bring this to PAW until after a month's worth of polite emails that were ignored and evaded. As I have explained in another thread, I have given up hope of any amicable resolution.

I have nothing more to lose. Money is gone, and the websites are gone, as far as I was concerned.

But, you see how an FTP address magically materializes once I have gotten his attention with PAW's support.

Quote:
I am not taking anyone's side in this because frankly I don't care, but there is always the possibility that he has done everything right and the hosting provider is the one to blame.
If you believe that, then you have not been reading all of his emails, for example:
Forwarded email from Craig:

Quote:
I dont really know what to do with this maybe you do. I dont have the password it speaks of

Note: forwarded message attached.

Date: 25 May 2007 12:45:09 -0000
To:
From: Netfirms
Reply-To:
Subject: Transfer of carbonpokerforums.com
Content-Length: 990

Attention: Craig Hartigan

Re: Transfer of carbonpokerforums.com

Netfirms.com has received a request on 2007-05-25 for us to become the new registrar of record.

You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS database.

Please read the following important information about transferring your domain name:

You must agree to enter into a new Registration Agreement with us. You can review the full terms and conditions of the Agreement at http://www.netfirms.com/features/domainterms.php.

Once you have entered into the Agreement, the transfer will take place within five (5) calendar days unless the current registrar of record denies the request.

Once a transfer takes place, you will not be able to transfer to another registrar for 60 days, apart from a transfer back to the original registrar,in cases where both registrars so agree or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs.

If you WISH TO PROCEED with the transfer, you must respond to this message by the following (note if you do not respond by 2007-05-30, carbonpokerforums.com will not be transferred to us.).

**************************************************
Follow these steps to proceed with the transfer:

1. Go to https://controlpanel.netfirms.com/

2. Enter your login name and password and click login

3. Select "Domains" at the top menu

4. Select the domain and click on "Admin"

5. Click "DNS Admin"

6. Enter the Confirmation Key contained within this email and proceed

You will need to provide the following codes in order to process this domain transfer. Please copy and paste them into the corresponding fields when asked:

Confirmation Key: danafsxw

**************************************************

If you DO NOT WANT the transfer to proceed, then don't respond to this message.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact us by email at

Best Regards,
Netfirms E-Services Team
He got that email because he still had himself listed as the official contact for the domain, rather than changing it to *my* email address, which he obviously had available.

All he had to do was go into his server account and simply click on a little button under "Domain Manager" that said "Authorization email." That simple. That easy.

He lacks all realization that HE has to get the Authorization Code from Godaddy in order for me to use the Confirmation code, and then send it to *me*.

He was told this numerous times.

Please NOTE, Graham, that he states that HE *"does not know what to do with it." This is the guy who is claiming that I do not know what I am talking about when it comes to domain transfers.

Quote:
Maybe you guys could set up a conference call with the technical support from his hosting company and try to work it out. If he was really trying to screw you over, at this point I think he would simply come out and say so, but maybe I am wrong.
I asked to discuss this on the phone - to get it straightened out - and I also phoned him at the number he gave Whois....he pretended not to be himself...said no such person lived there.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 670
Default

I love how you enjoy picking apart people's messages and spending an hour to come up with a response. I didn't realize my messages were that important to you.

Did you follow the instructions in that last email about logging into your netfirms account? It looks like that would have completed the transfer.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #15   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 04:13 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 393
Default Read ...Graham....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I love how you enjoy picking apart people's messages and spending an hour to come up with a response. I didn't realize my messages were that important to you.

Did you follow the instructions in that last email about logging into your netfirms account? It looks like that would have completed the transfer.
Graham, perhaps *you* should spend a little extra time *before you* come up with responses?

As explained, in several posts, the Confirmation code sent to Mr. Hartigan MUST be accompanied by an Authorization code provided by HIS Registrar (Godaddy). He is the only one who can provide that code.
This is a security procedure to prevent theft of domains.

It is his obligation to forward it to me, which he did not know how to do.

Netfirms provides ONE code, Godaddy provides the OTHER Code necessary for the transfer.

As explained REPEATEDLY, this is NOT about the stupid domain names, Graham.

It is about how I am to acquire the actual files used to create the website.

If YOU sold one of your websites, Graham...how would YOU turn over possession to the buyer?

Would you let him/her FTP it off your server, Graham?
Would you have to give him/her the FTP password to do it?

Think about that - for a minute - Graham.
Tell me how you would do it.
And I promise not to dissect your next post, because I will not need to.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #16   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 04:24 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 393
Default Are you a Troll, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I didn't realize my messages were that important to you.
If you don't think *your* messages are "that important," Graham, then why are you posting them?

Of course I am going to read them - and actually READ the WHOLE post, before I reply.

All of *your* comments are indeed important, Graham.
You are a *moderator*, after all.

But, more importantly, you are a Canadian.
And Canadians are almost always worth listening and responding to.

Except when they come from the Big T.O. ....and cannot get over themselves.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #17   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 670
Default

Ask him to Zip the files and send them to you by email.

On a side note, it looks like you have some issues both with me and on your own so once again I will stop commenting in this thread. If all you can come up with is condesending responses and petty insults instead of maybe listening to people's advice then I am not even going to bother continuing to "feed the troll" (as you call it).

Maybe when you pull your panties out of your ass we can meet up for a beer in Montreal or something and get all this stupid forum arguing over.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Graham : 06-07-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 05:07 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 549
Default

I've sold a bunch of sites. I zip the file and send it to the buyer. Have never given FTP info to an entire site on a hosting account I controlled. Bad idea IMO.

As far as the codes.. if this is some issue with him not getting them or something. Just ask him to update the whois info to an email you control. If he does this then you can handle the rest without him involved at all.


To if scappy if you read this: Send him the zip, change the who is to him email address. Then your done! he can get the domain and hosting or w/e else without your assistance any further.
__________________
Poker Affiliates - Diversify Your Income – A new program in pre-launch until July 15 that combines Social Networking, Social Marketing and Skill Games into a single business opportunity.
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #19   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 05:10 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 393
Default New Installment of Soap Opera

So, faithful viewers of "As the Stomach Churns"....
after being asked to simply forward the email where he sent FTP information, Craig politely declines, stating he won't go through "hundreds of emails". He also ignores my specific request that he just send along the FTP user/password for Carbonpokerforums.com.

What possible reason could he have for continuing to withhold the FTP info?

Quote:




In a message dated 6/7/2007 4:30:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:
1st thing that has to happen is transfer domains. Since you chose a different server you need to ask them about transfering both databases and files. It is done everyday and is simple. They will tell you there procedure. You have to have the account on there server or else there is no such place to transfer to. When you transfer the ownership you have access to it all and i no longer do. Since I dont use your host you need to contact them. What you have been saying is impossible. You want to transfer files to where? you have to move the domain 1st otherwise theres no where to transfer to. As far as me going through the hundreds of emails for you its not going to happen. I have wasted far to much of my time for a simple thing you have yet to complete. But you accusation of me continuing to use the sites. You bet ya if I am getting stuck paying for hosting month after month I will get minimal use of the service I am paying for.
Dear Craig:

In the month of May, you sent me 19 emails, not HUNDREDs, and you only have to look around the date when you said the payment cleared. You said you sent it two days later....that should cut it down even further.
You sent me only 6 emails between May 1 and May 6, which is when I first complained about your total control over the sites.

Why do you continue this charade? You never sent such an email in the first place, and I do NOT need your domain name to FTP the files.

I have already TOLD you, Craig...My HOST tells me that the files have to be FTPed, and that is between YOU and ME to arrange.

You know damn well I *already* have many accounts at Netfirms I could use.

Saying I have to transfer the domain first "or there is nowhere to put the files"? That is just *wrong*, Craig.

I can put the website I bought from you on any server I want, within any domain that I want.
I have dozens of Domains ready to accept the files.
I don't even want to put it on carbonpokerforums.com.
I don't even have to put it on a server.

I can just FTP all the files to my own computer, if I wish.

Why won't you just let me do that, Craig?

Why won't you just turn over the remaining FTP username and password for Carbonpokerforums.com and be done with it?

Hmmm?

You were kind enough to send the FTP info for worldpokerforums.com earlier today.

Send the other one, please Craig?

Why do you continue this foolishness?
Why send ONE but not the other?

Why do you want to keep arguing about domain names, Craig?

Why would *that* stop you from just giving me the simple information I have asked for, for over a month, Craig?

This is a very simple request.

Why can't you see that you really have NO JUSTIFICATION for not giving a "client" the FTP information needed to Download their files off your server?

It is really NONE of your business *where* I want to download them to, Craig.

Please just let me have my files.
*******
Please, if there is any Human Being reading this who can explain why this man REFUSES to let me FTP my files off his server, PLEASE let me know.

He certainly refuses to explain himself.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #20   Spam Kill
Old 06-07-2007, 05:26 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 393
Default He still refuses...

Unbelievable....

Quote:

In a message dated 6/7/2007 5:21:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:
il on the subject period. I have nothing to do with your hosting contact them for there procedure to transfer to there hosting. Im done Russ cant do your job for you and wont try anymore. Its up to you stud the sites are on Godaddy and I am not paying 1 more cent for your hosting. End of conversation.

Why will you not give up the FTP info?
Any sane person knows there is no other way, besides manual download, to take files off one server and put them on another?
He offers NO explanation whatsoever for why he will not give the other FTP info.

You saw with your own eyes, if you read earlier posts, that he gave the FTP user/password for worldpokerforums.com

but will not send the other one, no matter how nicely he has been asked, or how clearly it has been explained to him?

Can *anybody* explain this please?
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weener Cleaner Soap the27offsuit.com The Cocktail Lounge 0 02-01-2007 09:53 AM
Is there a case for banning online gambling? edmc General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-11-2006 03:31 PM
Your contingency plans in case of legal troubles? pokerguy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 07-26-2006 08:12 PM
Cheating...interesting case at Party ethomps General Poker Chat 7 02-21-2006 08:20 AM
Caps vs lower case in bonus codes etc. muchmoney General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 03-11-2005 03:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0