Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 02-18-2006, 02:53 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default

Check out this case of "cheating" at party....Cheating Case
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-19-2006, 02:43 AM
tke1600 tke1600 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Both of these accounts were played from the same computer and the same IP address in the same tournaments.
This is the only thing that I do not understand. Party is claiming that somehow he was playing in the same tourney and on the same computer for both accounts? I do not see how this is possible to be logged into PP twice from the same computer?

If anyone knows what exactly happened I would like to know.

tke1600
__________________
Get the latest poker fish lists, online poker reviews , information for playing online poker , and online casino bonus reviews
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2006, 12:03 AM
goldog goldog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palmdale,CA
Posts: 27
Default

In a nutshell, "they" started out on two computers in the same house (IP address)But when JJ went out "Granny" switched to her, er, his, better computer.
JJ admitted he took over the play of "granny". Just to help her out.

I'm not sure about Granny. h34r: I think she exists, but I'm not sure she's ever played poker. :P
__________________
Goldog

The Poker Bonus Hound
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If your an IT Geek it is pretty easy to use proxies and such to be able to play on two accounts if not more in the same tournament using one computer. I say Kudos to Party for taking the action they did. This guy was kind of a dipshit for openly disclosing it though while at the final table :huh:

It's people like this that fuel the entire "online poker is rigged" arguement. I say keep his money.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-20-2006, 01:06 AM
tke1600 tke1600 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy@Feb 20 2006, 01:18 AM
If your an IT Geek it is pretty easy to use proxies and such to be able to play on two accounts if not more in the same tournament using one computer.
I understand what your saying that you could tweak it so that you could play multiple accounts on one computer. But obviously if you were that smart, you probably would know to be covering it up at the same time.(playing that high of stakes and blantantly cheating)

Im not trying to defend him in any waty, but would really like to know what really happened. I mean PP took almost $180K from this guy. Thats a little more than just a slap on the wrist!

tke1600
__________________
Get the latest poker fish lists, online poker reviews , information for playing online poker , and online casino bonus reviews
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2006, 02:36 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Personally I don't think that they shoud be keeping the exsisting money that was in his account which was around $40k. That's a bad enough blow to take his 140K winnings from him. But his exsisting money should be his and he should just be banned.

Cause really who gets that exsisting money then?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2006, 08:12 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,231
Default

I just skimmed the article but how was it helping him having multiple accounts. Was he at the same table or something or what? Seems to me that its just the same concept as two friends cheating together?
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-21-2006, 08:20 AM
goldog goldog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palmdale,CA
Posts: 27
Default

While not the worst form of cheating, this is still cheating. Just knowing you have a backup plan is an advantage. It allows you to be aggressive on one acct while sitting on the other one just in case <_<

Party found multiple instances where he did this but they apparently didn't care as long as he didn't win.

This seems to be a common form of cheating an d I'm happy PP took a stance.

Ethical play is a very important concept in online play. I think we would do well to promote this as a lesson for our player to always be on the up and up.
__________________
Goldog

The Poker Bonus Hound
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting article - cheating affiliate programs corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 03-08-2006 03:11 PM
party bs cavaliers09 PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 9 01-03-2006 10:49 PM
Party Poker Points Expired....... Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 12-27-2005 09:12 AM
Cheating and Party Poker? gPowell General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 06-12-2005 08:41 AM
Party Poker - Bonus Code Problem Poker Coach General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 05-27-2005 06:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0