Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:12 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,286
Default

I do sincerely apologize to the innocent bystanders.

My technical points were & are spot on though.

2 issues here...

#1 Looks like a fun thread, I'll post my list of past fubars.

Multiple H1's gets posted. I know from past experiments it just ain't so, a not advisable list maybe. Theres not much but there is a little when done right & used sparingly.
There seems to be kind of a "cry wolf" effect though. More than a couple times & it'll turn on ya. Was it Randy that said its bad advice for beginners? Totally agree.
Oz seems to have come to the same conclusion? That tells me he did exactly what he said, actually experimented with the different H tags.
Since it was supposedly anything but beginners in the discussion, I figured we could take this discussion to the "optimization" level. (bad figure lol)

PPP pipes in "CERTAINLY no benefit"

Why did I think this would end up any differently than every other thread has?

Hmmm, multiple H1 tags... I wonder if I could make a whole website outta nothing but h1 tags & CSS? 15mins later, I'll be damned, it works in IE?

I think I'll post this, should get a few laughs & a little fresh insight on H1's circa '07.
(bit of a geeky pointed stick hidden in there for you know who too)
4or5 days later I check it & its indexed. a 14/15 supplemental for Poker SEO & a #1 for Yak Fur Coats.

I post what they did.

The guy comes back "In your dreams"
(The pointy stick must have found its mark?)

WTF does that mean though? I posted where they showed up?
I even predicted what it'd do, top30. Bullseye.

You know the rest & I still haven't seen a single thing to back up anything?
Over 12mil results isn't exactly a gimme phrase either. The Yak phrase even though a secondary, was a gimme.

#2 On another front...
I guess Randy was aked to do his thing on a site, for someone that I was already doing some work for on another project. You recommended me for the basketcase gig? Maybe? I only took it as a favor to the guy 'cuz he was stuck in a hard place, believe me. No more favors K?

I get some "lists" in the email... Hey, its all uber basic stuff that need fixed, hadn't even got there yet from all the backend work. Sure, I'll burn right thru'em & do a little recon on what else is ahead at the same time.
Only thing was, he listed something about title attributes & them being nothing but "code bloat" & they needed to be removed. I simply replied back, no they aren't & listed a bunch of reasons to back up my stance. Never heard back?
Figured that was that?

This H1 thread quickly degrades into a "whos got the biggest SEO schlong" fest.
Randy goes backdoor to the owner about the code bloat attribute thing again.

After 8 years of mostly striving to write super fast & clean code... REALLY BAD CHOICE OF WORDS!

Naturally, someone that throws that accusation around must write some mighty clean code?
Lets have a look...
You gotta be furkin' kidding me?
Seeing about 70 br tags on 1 page was enough, refusing to reply to discuss things & calling my methods code bloat again?

Not sure where you all come from, but this all adds up to fightin' words in my world. Not to mention flat out chicken sh!t.

So now, I'm getting punk'd from 2 directions & what you witnessed was basically a bar fight with nothing to pound on but a keyboard lol

The END as far as I'm concerned.

I did learn something from of all this though, I learned I really need to raise my prices!
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,246
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Let's all hold hands, embrace, kiss, and makeup.

It's just a thread in a forum. People disagree all the time, and everyone involved in the thread are valuable members here at PAW.

Life is too short.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-17-2007, 08:10 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,702
Default

The failed H1 "experiment" was just silly, and more defence of it just prolongs the silliness.

As for the rest, why Greg thinks he should bitch about some private work arrangement where the disagreement is his boss told him to do something and he refused, I don't know. Owners of websites get to decide how they want their websites. The owner hired a consultant. The consultant did his job consulting. The owner told the coder what to do, but the coder refuses, and then gets upset about it?

But publicly personally attacking someone who has a different opinion about freaking HTML code is really out of line and frankly career destroying kind of stuff. Who is going to hire a coder who won't do what he is told, and insults people higher in the food chain who simply told him what tasks he needed to complete?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-17-2007, 08:24 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP View Post
The failed H1 "experiment" was just silly, and more defence of it just prolongs the silliness.

As for the rest, why Greg thinks he should bitch about some private work arrangement where the disagreement is his boss told him to do something and he refused, I don't know. Owners of websites get to decide how they want their websites. The owner hired a consultant. The consultant did his job consulting. The owner told the coder what to do, but the coder refuses, and then gets upset about it?

But publicly personally attacking someone who has a different opinion about freaking HTML code is really out of line and frankly career destroying kind of stuff. Who is going to hire a coder who won't do what he is told, and insults people higher in the food chain who simply told him what tasks he needed to complete?
This was a thread about SEO advice, which can include code concepts. Your post about Greg's work ethics should go in another thread if you want to talk about that for some reason.
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-17-2007, 08:44 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,550
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Your joking right
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP View Post
This was a thread about SEO advice, which can include code concepts. Your career meltdown issues should go in another thread if you want to talk about that for some reason.

.....obviously
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-18-2007, 12:05 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,286
Default

Making me out to be some code monkey now aye?
FYI, I'm the top of the food chain on my jobs...period!
I handcode everything from A-Z, grafx, Flash & backends. All 100% W3C valid.

I swear this thing won't die, thought I was done with it?
First email yesterday morning, another list...

This time, I guess Randy wants to remove all class tags? lmfao

"All of the tags that format the text in the blog posts that are
visible on this page should be deleted and moved to an external
stylesheet. Code like class="MSONormal"

I should have just went ahead & did it lol

Just followin' orders boss
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Tax Advice Thread... haynesey General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 09-19-2007 05:50 PM
If you could give one peice of advice...... Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 17 09-11-2007 01:19 AM
need a webmaster to design/setup sports betting advice site ILLGeTuOnTiLT Web Design Q&A 5 08-11-2007 11:25 PM
A little advice needed kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 01-22-2007 12:40 PM
Best and Worst Site for August. losercore General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 09-03-2006 11:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0