Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2007, 12:15 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,353
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default A little advice needed

Ok I have been working really hard at promoting the site I am going to be having all our league games played on. I have been having hits on the banners everyday consistantly except no downloads yet, and it's driving me crazy. I do not know what else to do to get these people to download except reach threw the PC and do it myself (jk) Unless it is someone being click happy I am not sure. Any advice on what anyone has done in the past would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2007, 12:26 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,284
Default

Since you are doing leauges instead of just trying to get sign ups you need to remind users they must use your link and/or bonus code to be a part of the leauge.

Now for getting downloads and conversions it may depend on the site(s) you are using. Some sites convert better than others.

Foe me Full Tilt and Bodog convert close to 80% of the time. But Poker.com and others are like 30%

To me this has a lot to do with the site. If a player downloads and creates an account but does not make a deposit there is nothing you can do. It's up to the site to try and convert them by sending out wmails, making it easy to deposit all that stuff.

Look into the sites you are sending these players to. Some sites are just turn offs to players.

Absolute is an example for me with this. I get about 70 clicks a day on absolute and maybe 5 downloads a week and 1 conversion a week.
Very few. I;m not sure why I get so few downloads with them and there is very little that can be done for me.

Your league idea though should get more downloads. Make sure your players understand that they must deposit to play in your leagues and make sure the prizes are worth them choosing your league over another.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2007, 12:40 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,353
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

The league is getting alot more interest and I have done a banner linking to the site promoting both so the league can be seen as soon as you reach the forum. Most people do not take the time to visit other pages and read information this way its there.Which is where I have noticed the increase in click throughs, just not the downloads yet.

The site is Poker.com and I have reminded them to delete thier cookies before downloading. I am running both a free and buyin to hopefully bring in new people who do not want to deposit yet/beginners but still want to play and quite possibly (I am hoping) convert.

Thank you for the tips keep working on it. I have found certain sites to be of no interest to others no matter what you do. LOL Even offered freerolls at a couple and the lack of participants was sad to say the least.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mod and Members needed! gooderpoker The Spam Forum 0 03-17-2007 03:14 PM
Web design needed Justin The Poker Affiliate Exchange 14 01-02-2007 01:58 PM
Wanna make fun of a rookies site and give advice? PokerJosh.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 09-23-2006 02:39 AM
30$ FREE - Casino - No Deposit No Credit Card Needed 10TrustedCasinos The Spam Forum 1 07-06-2006 04:01 AM
Advice Needed FattyOwnz General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 09-30-2005 09:10 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0