Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-2007, 12:03 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,404
Talking Made my first $31

So, I started investing yesterday...started with some Mutual Funds.

And today I have $31 more than yesterday...just for letting a small bit of money sit in an RSP instead of my bank account.

I feel like I just won the lottery. LOL

MY FIRST $31 in the market!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-01-2007, 12:48 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 846
Default

Congrats on the profit...I got talked into buying stock a few years ago or so...$500 on K-mart....you all know how that turned out lol
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-2007, 01:54 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 564
Default

Nice work corpfan1. I almost got into the stock market last year when I read an article about a company named CROCS. The stock was selling at $71 per share and I thought oh it can't go any higher and I didn't have a lot of cash to put into it at the time.

Well, since that time the stock rose to over $90 per share. It then split, and since the split it has gained an other $35 in share price.

So even if I would have bought just 1 share of the stock for $71 I would be almost $100 ahead at this point. Damn I'm dumb.

good work though!
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:18 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDog View Post
Nice work corpfan1. I almost got into the stock market last year when I read an article about a company named CROCS. The stock was selling at $71 per share and I thought oh it can't go any higher and I didn't have a lot of cash to put into it at the time.

Well, since that time the stock rose to over $90 per share. It then split, and since the split it has gained an other $35 in share price.

So even if I would have bought just 1 share of the stock for $71 I would be almost $100 ahead at this point. Damn I'm dumb.

good work though!

i own a lot of crocs , been buying and selling on the ups and downs . Made a lot off of them , till yesterday , it tanked from a high of 74 to 49 . I lost a lot but in the lng run still made a nice amount off of it . If your still interested in crocs nows the time to buy again as it is at a low .
__________________
Play Online Poker Now . There are a lot of Poker Rooms Accepting US Players and you can qualify for free to the 2008 WSOP . If your a casino player be sure to see the Casinos allowing USA players . Not from America then get the top PartyPoker Bonuscode , Finally if your a promoter see our Poker Affiliate Programs and Casino Affiliate Programs
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,530
Default

There is some fascinating reading about Warren Buffett available online. He's one of the 2 or 3 richest men in the world, largely because of his stock investment methodology. I read every book published about him before buying my 1st stock.

I figure if I want to make money in the stock market, who better to imitate than the most successful stock market investor in history?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2007, 03:07 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 525
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Does his company, Berkshire Hathaway, still trade for $100k a share?

The guy is definitely a financial guru, and I think I read recently that he's pledged to give away 85% of his fortune ($30+ Billion) to 5 charitable foundations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
There is some fascinating reading about Warren Buffett available online. He's one of the 2 or 3 richest men in the world, largely because of his stock investment methodology. I read every book published about him before buying my 1st stock.

I figure if I want to make money in the stock market, who better to imitate than the most successful stock market investor in history?
__________________
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
-- Affordable Advertising Solutions --
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2007, 03:21 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHigh Pino View Post
Does his company, Berkshire Hathaway, still trade for $100k a share?.
Currently 132,000
__________________
Play Online Poker Now . There are a lot of Poker Rooms Accepting US Players and you can qualify for free to the 2008 WSOP . If your a casino player be sure to see the Casinos allowing USA players . Not from America then get the top PartyPoker Bonuscode , Finally if your a promoter see our Poker Affiliate Programs and Casino Affiliate Programs
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-2007, 03:25 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 525
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

So wrong.....just sooooooo wrong. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27offsuit.com View Post
Currently 132,000
__________________
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
-- Affordable Advertising Solutions --
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Congrats Corp

And that 31 bucks can grow and remain tax free as long as it stays inside your RRSP.

All Canadians should be taking maximum advantage of the RRSP program.

MorningStar.ca is a great site for mutual fund investors.

http://www.morningstar.ca/

Portfolio 100 is a good tutorial for new investors.

http://www.morningstar.ca/globalhome...ID925200316571

Keep the governments grubby little hands off your hard earned dollars for as long as possible and let it work for you.

I sure wish I started building wealth earlier on instead of pissing away every penny I made in my twenties and thirties.

Is was a blast...... but hindsight really is 20/20 when it comes to money and saving for your future.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-01-2007, 09:32 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,404
Default

-$55 today though....markets all took a big hit!

And, I am DIVERSIFIED!!! Every fund took a little hit!

__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Well holy sh*t I made my first dollar smackinyaup The Cocktail Lounge 6 10-08-2007 02:37 AM
need some small creatives made kaus Web Design Q&A 4 08-31-2007 10:29 PM
Have you ever made a mistake you regret a lot? pokerforfree General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 08-14-2007 07:03 AM
Adjustments made....opinons? kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 04-30-2007 10:44 PM
What deductions are made from payments Liam UltimateBet.com 2 10-25-2006 04:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0