Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-03-2007, 06:00 PM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Poker For Free
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 116
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default Have you ever made a mistake you regret a lot?

Fellows,

It's been a while since I have posted on PAW, but tonight I needed a break away from my affiliate work.

I have just made the dumbest move ever that is probably costing me half my members.

Today I did some modifications to my newsletter program. I wanted to personalize the newsletter (since there have been studies that recipients tend to read these better). I thought everything was just right when I tested it sending a version of my latest newsletter to just me, but when I released the newsletter to my members I found out that all members received 918 time the same email.

When I found out it was already to late, there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Of course I received some immediate name calling replies, and unsubscribe requests... nothing to do about it. I just feel really bad about it, and they'll probably think I am some kind of spamming jerk.

I guess I'll go back replying and trying to get some forgiveness.

Peace,

Giorgio
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Online Pokeren
Poker Chips
HighStakers.com
PokerKudos.com
Best Online Casino's
NBA Live Leagues
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2007, 06:45 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

? so you made 918 modifications?
you sent the same email out 918 times?

1st one i would get pissed off

2nd one I wouldnt care

1st one i would appologise for being a tit

2nd one i would appologise for the error
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2007, 06:47 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 760
Default

that sucks..if i understand right each member got 900+ emails from you and they were all the same? I hope it works out for you...im sure some will understand. Best of luck
__________________
Writing poker room reviews for only $20!. This is a limited time offer so PM me now!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2007, 08:00 PM
imteaz's Avatar
imteaz imteaz is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 391
Default

ahh that is a big mess my friend.
once it happned to me not 900 times though
i have about 2K member, and i was trying to send newsletter, lol
then i found out i have sent them 6 times. same newsletter.
so about 12% people unsubscribe, they thought i was trying to spam.

it was an script error.
__________________
Online Poker | Poker Tips |Widlite Directory |California Directory
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2007, 08:33 PM
SharkScope SharkScope is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62
Default

As long as you send 918 apologies to each recipient you'll be fine.
__________________
SharkScope.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2007, 08:33 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,344
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Ouch .....been there not that many. Personally I would unsubscibe too. I mean you can't blame them for being upset. I would try and reward them with something to show thta you are sorry for what has happened. You may still lose a significant amount but at least it shows you tried.

Hopefully it's not one of those optin companies that will ban your account if they get wind of it from members. I know a few of them only allow a very small amount of spam reports before they will stop your services.
__________________
Selling VBSEO License and VBulletin License - PM for details
_______________________________

Gambling Directory
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2007, 09:52 PM
TheDonk TheDonk is online now
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 157
Default

Make them an offer to play in the 'Giorgio is a Moron $500 Freeroll'. I'm being serious - not joking or putting you down. Humble, self deprication is always a great way to get people back on your side. Apologize profusely and offer them a nice little freeroll. If that's not good enough, what else can you do?

Just be sure not to invite them 918 times.

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-03-2007, 10:12 PM
RCNastermind RCNastermind is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonk View Post
Make them an offer to play in the 'Giorgio is a Moron $500 Freeroll'. I'm being serious - not joking or putting you down. Humble, self deprication is always a great way to get people back on your side. Apologize profusely and offer them a nice little freeroll. If that's not good enough, what else can you do?

Just be sure not to invite them 918 times.

TheDonk
You might even be able to get some new sign ups by doing that!
__________________
Poker Articles
My new blog on how to be an Online Poker Pro
Join My Squidoo Group and Get a Free Link For Your Site: Rules of Poker
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-03-2007, 10:26 PM
TheDonk TheDonk is online now
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNastermind View Post
You might even be able to get some new sign ups by doing that!
Very true, and how funny would that be?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-03-2007, 11:51 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 664
Default

Ah just think it could be worst.
For starters you could of sent the same message 919 different times
But even worst than that you could of sent 918 messages that were all different..
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need banners made SmackDog General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 07-13-2007 07:54 PM
Adjustments made....opinons? kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 04-30-2007 09:44 PM
Need a banner and header made Georgia Poker The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 11-30-2006 03:32 PM
What deductions are made from payments Liam UltimateBet.com 2 10-25-2006 03:27 PM
Are websites made on freewebs free templates doomed from the start? haynesey New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 6 10-08-2006 12:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0