Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2007, 03:02 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 484
Default Ripped off by a crap paw member

Igotaces21 is a scam and a fraud...if anyone knows him, please beat him up for me.

I am an idiot and thought he was legitimate for a ftp to paypal transfer, well half an hour after the transfer I am sitting here with my thumb up my ass and no money. Luckily it wasnt too much money, none the less it sucks. Of course he has signed of instant messenger and isnt accepting PM's.

I know, my fault for trusting a poster with five posts, but he had other fake info that seemed legitimate. Anyways, ban him, or whatever, he is a crook and a fraud.

This sucks...first time I have ever been "taken" on the internet.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2007, 03:18 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,410
Default

We should almost have a section/circle of people who services can be trusted..etc...

What about having a section to review OTHER MEMBERS and post about their dependability...kind of like we always post about Alance and web design.

We can use the thread to say, we made a transaction with so-and-so and it went well...like Ebay's ratings.

What does everyone think?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 484
Default

yeah that would be great, because I usually need two FTP paypal transfers a month and it would be really helpful to have a list of trusted people who can help out in these kinds of situtations.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,530
Default

I think the multiple threads and posts requesting FTP to Paypal transfers and vice versa really cheapen the forum to begin with. I wouldn't transfer money to and from anyone I don't know personally. Favors are what you ask friends to do, not random people who happen to be browsing a forum.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-05-2007, 04:55 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,410
Default

Yes and no to what Randy said.

Random browsers - dumb idea.

But, there are a number of people on here I trust that I don't really know personally. BUt it is totally a judgement call - ie think before you act.

I would trust Jeremy, Brandon, Graham, and many more on here with an exchange of funds/services.

But sometimes, desperation to get something done, can cloud our judgement.

But, I do think it would be nice to have a section (like the affiliate exchange section) that lists our experiences with others in these situations.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:21 PM
JohnG JohnG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 179
Default

Jeremy you should install Itrader on the forum, it is free and is for VB and will allow members to have ratings and comments.
__________________
Online Blackjack | Blackjack Strategy | Blackjack Odds

Omaha Poker |

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:31 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 921
Default

Great idea! Isn't too hard to implement either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Jeremy you should install Itrader on the forum, it is free and is for VB and will allow members to have ratings and comments.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:40 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 484
Default

yeah Itrader would be cool.

Thats how this guy got me though, he showed me his supposed itrader stats on digital point, and after further research they obviously aren't his.

I agree with Randy too, and I know I am a dumbass for even doing the trade, but it still needs to be made public when this kind of thing happens, so others don't make the same mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:50 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
Default

This isn't an affiliate issue. If some people want something equivalent of the spam forum for these sorts of transfers, and bitches about them, then I suppose that is fine, but Randy is right. I'd delete on sight any thread talking about this stuff that was outside the cocktail lounge. This has nothing to do with the poker affiliate business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Jeremy you should install Itrader on the forum, it is free and is for VB and will allow members to have ratings and comments.
That's not a good idea. This isn't a trading forum or ebay. "Rating" other affiliates is just obnoxious. Again, if there was a single forum where all this off topic stuff took place and everyone else could ignore it, that would be one thing, but it would be a terrible idea to have "ratings" and such for every member. Yuck.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-05-2007, 06:10 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,499
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Can i just ask why you would trade with someone you dont know and initiate the transfer first?

Anyone who I have swapped with that isnt a familiar "one that I know personally" member I always ask them to stick it in my Paypal first. If they have issues than there's your answer.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Payments & New Member of The PAW Team Jeremy Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network 0 03-21-2007 12:49 AM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 10:03 PM
New Member Here thecortster New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 08-06-2006 08:04 PM
A guy ripped off my Site skits2 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 04-19-2006 11:51 PM
Become a MEMBER of GOALLIN.COM 100% FREE goallin The Spam Forum 0 08-31-2005 08:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0