Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-2007, 12:18 AM
DeadMoneyDad DeadMoneyDad is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
Default Bot solution.

Yeah it's me.....

I've been creating a stink in other forums about what IMO is a crappy response by FT to the recent HU limit bot "scandal."

I think the affiliates since they in effect "launder" the majority of the end user profits should for the good of poker shoulder part of the responsibility.

No affiliates are not set up with all of the security tools a major poker site like FT is supposed to have. The extent of FT's security is for another thread.

Since their is already a nice built in delay in the FT rakeback payment system, my solution is to add a week.

In this time the affiliate can if they so choose kick back any unusual accounts or account activity it may be able to see.

If FT signs off on the account payments the affiliate is off the hook for that months potential charge-backs. End of the affiliates responsibilities!

If an affiliate for marketing reasons or whatever thinks their is a profit to be made from having the speediest rakeback payments it does so at it's own risk of potential chargebacks.

Ideas and flames welcome,

D$D
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-29-2007, 01:04 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Last edited by edmc : 09-29-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2007, 01:36 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 205
Default

.

Last edited by TheDonk : 09-29-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-2007, 01:39 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

I decided to delete.

Reason : I disagree with stance & argument would just give me the opportunity to argue

Last edited by edmc : 09-29-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-29-2007, 01:44 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 847
Default

Don't worry ED...I'm only smart enough to figure out what your talking about part of the time (lol j/k)....but all the responsibility of this thread falls on the OP.....I am kind confused as well though....I know about the AP scandal but I didn't hear about the FT scandal....please enlighten me OP.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-2007, 01:54 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
Don't worry ED...I'm only smart enough to figure out what your talking about part of the time (lol j/k)....but all the responsibility of this thread falls on the OP.....I am kind confused as well though....I know about the AP scandal but I didn't hear about the FT scandal....please enlighten me OP.
Yeah, I didnt realise it was an ongoing argument. I heard about the FT thing but it didnt hold up to much. I have suspected bots before & just double raised them. They have almost perfected my chat though which is worrying for the poker community
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-29-2007, 05:40 AM
DeadMoneyDad DeadMoneyDad is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
Don't worry ED...I'm only smart enough to figure out what your talking about part of the time (lol j/k)....but all the responsibility of this thread falls on the OP.....I am kind confused as well though....I know about the AP scandal but I didn't hear about the FT scandal....please enlighten me OP.

The long version with links to the whole story on 2+2. http://pokerforums.fulltiltpoker.com...play32839.html

The bottom line in FT's forum a claimed refund letter: http://pokerforums.fulltiltpoker.com...ic.php?t=38758 including a link to a semi-poker news site.


D$D
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,190
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I can understand if you are dissatisfied with the response of Fulltilt in respect to discovering bots. But your suggestion that affiliates should bear some responsibility for bots is rather confusing. Affiliate revenue already is being affected if charge backs occur.

Quote:
In this time the affiliate can if they so choose kick back any unusual accounts or account activity it may be able to see.
Does this mean you want me (the affiliate) to monitor my new and existing players for suspicious play, fraud, or bots. If so, that is just idiotic. Bigger affiliates send hundreds of players a week and this would be impossible. You said it yourself, we don't have the security or admin tools to even attempt this.

I suspect your post is only geared towards the rakeback affiliates that offer daily or weekly payments, maybe you can be more specific about what exactly affiliates are supposed to do.

Personally I am impressed that Fulltilt actually made a statement about these players in the first place and actually issued refunds. I can think of many other rooms that probably would have just banned the players and that would be the end of it.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-29-2007, 06:39 PM
DblEntendre DblEntendre is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoneyDad View Post

I think the affiliates since they in effect "launder" the majority of the end user profits should for the good of poker shoulder part of the responsibility.

No affiliates are not set up with all of the security tools a major poker site like FT is supposed to have. The extent of FT's security is for another thread.
Why don't you just state what you are getting at here. You do not like how FTP handled the situation and you want someone to pay for it (now and in the future) and affiliates just happen to be next on the food chain.

You admit that affiliates do not have the tools to monitor their players for potential, but you still want them to do it anyway and hold them responsible.

Wow. Just, wow.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-30-2007, 12:05 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 323
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Didn't that thread say that affiliates know a suspicious account when they see one.. cuz.. i don't.. i just have no idea.. does everyone else? I can't be the ONLY clueless affiliate..

For the most part, I just try to focus on design.. promotion.. and writing.. I can be kinda simple though..
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using Online Forms and a database xpertadvice4u Web Design Q&A 8 11-15-2006 07:56 PM
Affiliate Protection Engine - Solution??? edmc General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-03-2006 04:34 PM
newbie (affiliate solution) natickpoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 15 09-01-2006 02:09 PM
Payment solution problems MilanFlyer SuperPokerAffiliates.com 5 04-23-2006 02:44 PM
Part of the Problem, or Part of the Solution Randy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 05-13-2005 10:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0