Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31   Spam Kill
Old 06-08-2007, 05:17 AM
ClickItNow ClickItNow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 77
Default

Go to college. You will most likely regret it if you dont.

Operating as an affiliate alongside college will be a real test of your metal, and will be the making of you.
__________________
Poker Forum Daniel Negreanu Blog
Cardplayer Resources <---Free links for good poker sites
Reply With Quote
  #32   Spam Kill
Old 06-09-2007, 04:20 PM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 356
Default

I would say don't pass it up plus your business will grow further recruiting college players.

I was at FSU when it was the number #1 party school in America and then at UF a few years later when it became the #1 party school. I wouldn't have wanted to miss those years. I was in a rock band and toured around played with big national acts. Only in college.

I was exposed to computers, photoshop when Adobe traded under $4 (stock reference), and got into Linux before the penguin was even the mascot. If I never had exposure to those things I wouldn't be living on easy street.

I know my experience is not random. Most people get into some business not related to their degree unless its a highly specialized/professional area. Basically Xpertadvice4u hit it on the head.

However, its the experience that can change you, or you pick up something from being there that can change your life.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,605
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I just read this article by Beanie and immediately thought of this post.....good read.

Becoming a Millionaire
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #34   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 378
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

now I feel bad for ripping you in that other thread;-)
__________________
http://www.alwaysbluff.com/blog/
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,605
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Strictly business ........

I am pretty sure we have been debating these type issues since around early 2005 at some point. Some things never change.

Great article though and holds true in so many ways. I remember reading "The Millionaire Next Door" and realizing what a dumb concept that is. In my old days as a paramedic I realized life can be very short. While I don't think blowing through all your money is smart.......spend it and enjoy it while you can.

I am not going to have millions of dollars in the bank and still drive an old used car while clipping coupons for groceries. That's why you make millions.......so you DON'T have to live like that. Furthermore living like that is not going to make you millions, at best you're net worth will rise a few thousand dollars each year.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 06-15-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 378
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

what was funniest was the 18 year old scenario appealed to me greatly after I was done writing it. A lot of people say I wouldn't change anything, if I knew what I know now I absolutely would.
__________________
http://www.alwaysbluff.com/blog/
Reply With Quote
  #37   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 03:02 PM
TonyS's Avatar
TonyS TonyS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6
Default

Wow Beanie.... you sure are something.

"I do everything first class, so as to not taint the experience."
Reply With Quote
  #38   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 03:57 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themike537 View Post
However, I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the college experience. Not so much the learning aspect but the cultural and social experience.
If that is your reasoning, then you going to college is a pure waste from any perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,914
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP View Post
If that is your reasoning, then you going to college is a pure waste.
How is living your life with the mindset of enjoying it, and not missing out on amazing experiences a pure waste?
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Sign Up
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #40   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 04:18 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,099
Default

The number 1 thing I learned at College/University is how to be social. And why it is fun to get drunk once and a while. And how to score.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 08:33 PM
Online Gambling Hedges Its U.S. Bets Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-23-2006 02:02 AM
An article on the business of online poker Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 02-01-2006 06:15 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 02:19 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 09:18 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0