Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 05:21 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,486
Default

Going to college to party is like going to a farm to have lunch. There are better ways to do it.

It is easier to have more fun with more money.

It is easier to have more exciting experiences by trying to have exciting experiences, not by going somewhere hoping to have exciting experiences.

College should be for education. If you need college to have fun, you won't have any fun anyway.

The idea makes no sense. Live in a college town if you want a college experience but paying tuition to party is dumb. And the more important point I mentioned above is that it is a helluva lot easier to have a helluva lot more fun with more money.

In terms of the affiliate stuff though, the opportunity to do well in this business is here now. The opportunities as an independent should bedramatically less in four years.
Reply With Quote
  #42   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,326
Default

Wouldn't that be #1, #2, and #3 then?

Or maybe they're all just subsections of #1. (#1a, #1b, and #1c.)

Heh, just being facetious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
The number 1 thing I learned at College/University is how to be social. And why it is fun to get drunk once and a while. And how to score.
Reply With Quote
  #43   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,059
Default

Ya. College was cool. There was beer and chicks and lots of time without responsibility.

It was so much fun. I definitely do not regret it.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #44   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 08:01 PM
bg bg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19
Default

Go to College and enjoy your youth. If you have the ability to make money then you will ALWAYS find a time where you can get your hands deep in it. A few years can wait.

BG
Reply With Quote
  #45   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
RCNastermind RCNastermind is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP View Post
Going to college to party is like going to a farm to have lunch. There are better ways to do it.

It is easier to have more fun with more money.

It is easier to have more exciting experiences by trying to have exciting experiences, not by going somewhere hoping to have exciting experiences.

College should be for education. If you need college to have fun, you won't have any fun anyway.

The idea makes no sense. Live in a college town if you want a college experience but paying tuition to party is dumb. And the more important point I mentioned above is that it is a helluva lot easier to have a helluva lot more fun with more money.

In terms of the affiliate stuff though, the opportunity to do well in this business is here now. The opportunities as an independent should bedramatically less in four years.
This sums up my thoughts on the issue pretty nicely. I went to college for a year before deciding to drop out to play poker for a living. You can easily have the college experience without actually going to the school. If you are making good money now and this is something you want to do long term I think you should go for it. Think of how much more fun the "college experience" will be when you have money instead of being a broke student. If it doesn't work out you can always start taking classes in a few years. There isn't any time limit for when you need to finish school.
__________________
Poker Articles
My new blog on how to be an Online Poker Pro
Join My Squidoo Group and Get a Free Link For Your Site: Rules of Poker
Reply With Quote
  #46   Spam Kill
Old 06-15-2007, 11:37 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,153
Default

Anyone with half a brain and motivation should be able to juggle both at the same time. Everyone has different opinions on college.

If it weren't for college I never would have learned that you could make good money online. My friend in college was a multi-millionaire at the age of 21 from marketing online which is why I started. He took a couple classes just because he could and still have somewhat of a college experience. If it weren't for him, and college, I'd probably have a shitty job working at a golf course. Other than that college equalled out to be a big fricken waste.

It seems like most people just go to college to join a frat and party, ie: pay people to feel part of something. Me personally I thought that whole scene was retarded.
__________________
Buying text links in articles on aged domains. Will pay premium price. Site must be 2 years or older. Pm me if interested.
Reply With Quote
  #47   Spam Kill
Old 06-16-2007, 06:35 AM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

Take the college route. I wouldn't trade my college memories for any amount of money. I don't care how much money you can make, those memories that you'll miss out on are priceless.

Life isn't just about making money. You should be able to find time to still do this kind of thing part time while in college, just balance your time well.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #48   Spam Kill
Old 06-16-2007, 09:25 AM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 112
Default

I knew a post like this would get alot of responses I am sure many of us can remember things we gave up when parents and friends said stick at it. In life you want to leave your self with lots of options. This way life becomes alot easier. If you write off college you miss out on an oppurtunity. I didnt go to university I became a personal trainer and eventually from this moved on to opening a gym years later. For me not going to university was a better option, but if I could have run the two together I would but it was just not possible. It was a business you had to be 100% dedicated to. Although the casino affiliate business needs 100% dedication it can be run around college you will just have to work hard after college
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #49   Spam Kill
Old 06-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 368
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indieangler View Post
Life isn't just about making money. You should be able to find time to still do this kind of thing part time while in college, just balance your time well.
far be it from me to discourage someone from going to college but if Bill Gates had decided to not quit college because of his opportunity where would the world be? When opportunity exists and you miss it then you are missing the point of why you should get an education in the first place.

Let me say that a different way, my life is the best its ever been because I have mad loot from all of the opportunities I have taken advantage of, most people go to college because those opportunities don't exist. Just something to think about.
__________________
http://www.alwaysbluff.com/blog/
Reply With Quote
  #50   Spam Kill
Old Yesterday, 04:38 AM
purplezelda purplezelda is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4
Default

College is definately an imporant thing to do at some point in your life, but there is no rush! Its also good to always have a fall back plan in this industry and college can help you with this!

I did the college thing straight from school, but soon realized my chosen subject was not something I would pursue in life. Because I didn't know what else I wanted to do I stuck with it and finished the course. I had loads of fun living the student lifestyle and met some wonderful people (my partner being one of them). However I always regretted not making the most out of that education opportunity.

It has only been through working and experiencing life (real life, not student life), that I have gotten to know myself and have realised what it is that I want to do with my life. I have gone back to college and am now working part time. It is costing me a fortune second time round, but I have no regrets. This time I am doing a course that I love and want to get the most out of it and excel in. I know this will help me on my way to persuing my dreams (gush gush).

Student life is an invaluable experience, but I feel a lot of people rush into it and later regret not making the most out of it, because they are too busy having fun. I would recomemend anyone talke some time out from education and work for a bit before commiting to a degree. You will get so much more out of it and you can still have fun.

I hope my experince helps you a little.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 08:33 PM
Online Gambling Hedges Its U.S. Bets Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-23-2006 02:02 AM
An article on the business of online poker Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 02-01-2006 06:15 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 02:19 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 09:18 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0