| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 10-04-2006, 05:15 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 180
|
|
Canadians??
What about us???
|
 10-04-2006, 05:18 PM
|
|
The Don Dadda
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 438
|
|
were laughing to the bank
__________________
www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"
I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
|
 10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,005
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by ICISIC
were laughing to the bank
|
Not really... 70-80% of the people we can market to are now gone 
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***
Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
|
 10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,068
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by ICISIC
were laughing to the bank
|
I'm pretty sure being a poker affiliate period is illegal in Canada (ontario specifically) although they definately don't have the resources or interest to enforce it.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
|
 10-04-2006, 05:40 PM
|
|
The Don Dadda
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 438
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Kyle
I'm pretty sure being a poker affiliate period is illegal in Canada (ontario specifically) although they definately don't have the resources or interest to enforce it.
|
how is it illegal? this is news to me. From wat i know and ppl i have spoke with it is not illegal in canada.
__________________
www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"
I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
|
 10-04-2006, 05:40 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,005
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Kyle
I'm pretty sure being a poker affiliate period is illegal in Canada (ontario specifically) although they definately don't have the resources or interest to enforce it.
|
I always thought it was still pretty grey area. Care to elaborate on that? How can Bowmans advertise on the Radio? Also, I have heard that Party advertises at the skydome.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***
Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
|
 10-04-2006, 06:22 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,068
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Graham
I always thought it was still pretty grey area. Care to elaborate on that? How can Bowmans advertise on the Radio? Also, I have heard that Party advertises at the skydome.
|
Party and Pokerroom both advertise at the skydome but partypoker.net and pokerroom.tv are the brands. There is something in the criminal code about not being allowed to promote any form of gambling. The OLGC.ca is the only one allowed to promote gambling here as far as I understand although I'm not entirely sure it covers online wagers. It has been almost a year since I looked at the law sorry I can't give you more details.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
|
 10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
|
|
Except for extra legal worry for US residents, this impacts everybody exactly the same. It certainly does not benefit anybody.
|
 10-04-2006, 07:49 PM
|
|
Rock Solid.
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 58
|
|
Bowmans is all over CFL football fields
__________________
Cherns Gambling Blunders Blog, The Ups And Downs Of Gambling. 100% Funny.
BankrollBoost Want The Best Poker Resource Out There?
|
 10-04-2006, 07:55 PM
|
|
The Don Dadda
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 438
|
|
there is no legal issue in canada trust me,
__________________
www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"
I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.
|