Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 01-17-2007, 04:29 PM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 121
Default Non-US Bank

I figure its time that I set up a foreign bank account as a backup way to get my money if there are any problems transferring things out. Anyone have any suggestions for any foreign banks that I can set up an account with online? I assume a Canadian bank would probably be best, but another option is to set up an account at a bank in London when I am there for CAP Euro next week. Anyone have any suggestions?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound like I am in the sky is falling camp, I just want to have a backup in place in the unlikely event it is needed.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 01-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 507
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

Oh if you're coming to London, definitely setup an account in a UK bank. Bring driving license, passport and a utility bill or two.

You'll probably need to contact them beforehand and find out what branch deals with international accounts, because I don't think a standard branch would be able to sort it out for you.

Check out either HSBC or Bank of Scotland. Those two would probably be able to accomodate you best (at a guess, if not there are numerous others).


P.S where are you staying again?
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 01-17-2007, 05:51 PM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0r
Oh if you're coming to London, definitely setup an account in a UK bank. Bring driving license, passport and a utility bill or two.

You'll probably need to contact them beforehand and find out what branch deals with international accounts, because I don't think a standard branch would be able to sort it out for you.

Check out either HSBC or Bank of Scotland. Those two would probably be able to accomodate you best (at a guess, if not there are numerous others).


P.S where are you staying again?

I'm at the Kensington Close, I'll have to look around for an HSBC or RBS nearby and try to contact them ahead of time, thanks for the suggestion.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 613
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

Quote:
Oh if you're coming to London, definitely setup an account in a UK bank
Not so easy as you may think, at my work, we have a lot of workers from different european countries, even with perminent work permits, proof of perminant jobs in the uk, and eu passports, there are only a few who will offer them accounts, even at that none offer them even ATM cards, it's a simple checking account. This is for standard accounts.
I used to have a UK international account when I worked in the USA, it was in US $ wiith barclays, I don't know how the law stands with these international accounts, but I know I had to have my statements sent to my mums address in the UK.
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses

Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 01-17-2007, 10:27 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 189
Default

I know there are lots of countries that specialize in offshore accounts for lots of various countries. Obviously Switzerland and the cayman islands come to mind, but does anyone know if you can set up an account without actually visiting that country?

If so how? Im very interested.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 01-19-2007, 09:11 AM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 536
Default

It is hard for US citizens to set up an account just about everywhere now, except Canada.
Even swiss and Panama account require residency now for US citizens to set up an account.
__________________
Poker Affiliates - Diversify Your Income – A new program in pre-launch until July 15 that combines Social Networking, Social Marketing and Skill Games into a single business opportunity.
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 01-22-2007, 11:25 AM
evilbilly evilbilly is offline
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18
Default

Thought I'd come back to this since I've done some research on my own. Like others have mentioned, I'd been looking at Canadian and European banks, thinking they would be my best bet, but I hadn't found anything. In fact, most of the foreign banks that allowed international accounts actually did their U.S. banking under a U.S. charter, so you were actually just getting a U.S. bank with a foreign name. None of those were of any use to me. Today, though, I decided to start looking again and this time stumbled onto offshore accounts in the Caymans. Most of these weren't of use to me, since the minimum deposit was $500,000. However, I did find one, Cayman National, where the minimum deposit to open a personal account is $1,000. You can't set up the account online, but you can download the forms and mail them in. I'm thinking I could get paid by bank wire to one of those accounts, then use the debit card to access my money.

Does anyone here have any experience with this bank? If so, are they legit?
__________________
www.evilbilly.com
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 PM
joeker joeker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 109
Default

Whats the problem with a Canadian bank?

Canadians seem to have no trouble moving money around.
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 01-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 440
Default

You have to show up in person to open a bank account in Canada and it wont be easy.

http://www.cba.ca/en/viewDocument.as...docid=242&pg=1

They are cracking down here to.

My bank reported me to the feds for "suspicious activity" because I've had NeTeller direct deposits that total over 10k the past few years.
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
joeker joeker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
My bank reported me to the feds for "suspicious activity" because I've had NeTeller direct deposits that total over 10k the past few years.
What happened with that?

Last edited by joeker : 01-22-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foreign Bank Accounts ResIpsa General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 02-07-2007 01:09 PM
Bank of America Denying EFT's ucladave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 01-28-2007 06:43 AM
Neteller cashouts to Bank Of America? ucladave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 01-21-2007 08:48 PM
Business/CC accounts at a bank Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 08-03-2006 08:53 AM
Neteller and Multiple Bank Accounts indieangler General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-11-2006 10:11 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0