Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 PM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default Foreign Bank Accounts

Ok, I know we've discussed setting up UK or Canadian bank accounts so that those of us in the US have a safety valve to insure we are able to get paid; my question now is do these accounts have to be denominated in the local currency (CAD or GBP)? If so, does that mean we get clobbered by exchange rates (both coming in as most affiliate programs denominate payments in USD and coming out when you transfer this money back to your US account)?

If this is a problem (which I suspect it is), is there anyway to get a USD denominated account in a foreign country (prefereably Canada, but I'll take what I can get).

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 563
Default

Yea you can get a USD account in the UK, probably just as easy as you can get a GBP account. It will have to be a Business account though I'd guess.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:36 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 454
Default Canada also has US$ accounts - business, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa
Ok, I know we've discussed setting up UK or Canadian bank accounts so that those of us in the US have a safety valve to insure we are able to get paid; my question now is do these accounts have to be denominated in the local currency (CAD or GBP)? If so, does that mean we get clobbered by exchange rates (both coming in as most affiliate programs denominate payments in USD and coming out when you transfer this money back to your US account)?

If this is a problem (which I suspect it is), is there anyway to get a USD denominated account in a foreign country (prefereably Canada, but I'll take what I can get).

Any thoughts?
Some affiliates are saying they will not pay in US$ any more, only Can. or UK.

I think you are better off dealing with the UK.
If you have so much money that you are worried about a point or two on the exchange, I think you should go the UK route. You can afford it, and it is both easier and safer, IMHO
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-07-2007, 08:10 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

My Neteller Card transfers my affiliate money from US dollars into canadian dollars before exchanging into pounds. I only get charged for 1 change. VC mixes between $US & £british so it shows up as $ on my affilate account but payments are made in £

Dont hit me for mentioning Neteller, it was just an example
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
AceHigh AceHigh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertadvice4u
Some affiliates are saying they will not pay in US$ any more, only Can. or UK.

I think you are better off dealing with the UK.
If you have so much money that you are worried about a point or two on the exchange, I think you should go the UK route. You can afford it, and it is both easier and safer, IMHO
Its maybe the best for everyone if affiliates would pay in CAD / GBP or EUR since USD value is going day by day down. My country uses EUR and from most affiliates pay me USD. lets say I get 1000$ and make that in EUR I only get 770€...and one day the exchange rate maybe so down that I will leave with only few euros
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-07-2007, 10:04 AM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 191
Default

I am assuming that to open a UK account etc you would have to do so in person?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHigh
Its maybe the best for everyone if affiliates would pay in CAD / GBP or EUR since USD value is going day by day down. My country uses EUR and from most affiliates pay me USD. lets say I get 1000$ and make that in EUR I only get 770€...and one day the exchange rate maybe so down that I will leave with only few euros
Precisely why I've just opened up a USD account. Now I'll get paid in USD and keep it in USD, playing the currency exchange game.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-07-2007, 11:14 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 454
Default Don't leave home without it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucladave
I am assuming that to open a UK account etc you would have to do so in person?
OK, here is the info on the easiest route, once more:

http://www.workgateways.com/working-uk-banking.html

This site here says you can buy a banking package before you leave home, and you do not even need a fixed address or job! One of them even includes an adaptor for your cell phone!
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-07-2007, 03:08 PM
evilbilly evilbilly is offline
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18
Default

You can also get offshore USD accounts in the Cayman Islands. A lot of them have steep first deposits ($500,000) but I'm looking at getting one at Cayman National Bank, where the minimum first deposit is $1,000. You can open your account through the mail. Their website is www.caymannational.com
__________________
www.evilbilly.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,082
Default

You can easily set up a US Dollar account at any major Canadian bank.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non-US Bank ResIpsa General Poker Affiliate Discussion 44 02-01-2007 09:04 AM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 10:03 PM
poker sites closing down US player accounts ???? scrawnybob General Poker Affiliate Discussion 15 08-03-2006 03:32 PM
Business/CC accounts at a bank Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 08-03-2006 10:53 AM
Neteller and Multiple Bank Accounts indieangler General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-12-2006 12:11 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0