News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-17-2007, 04:57 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 957
Default Would This work 301 question

need to know if this will work ,

Instead of having all banners and links linked directly to a poker room or casino if i would link them to a page say named xyz poker on my site then have that page 301 to my affiliate link

Would this work , Help or hurt .

i would think this would help as it would cut down on outgoing links , just wondering if the 301 would mess up the aff link and it would not track properly
__________________
Poker Players are your from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players , or come by and see what sites are running 2007 Wsop Satellites. Maybe poker is not your game so come see what Casinos Allow US Players. Not a Player but like to talk gambling , then come visit our Poker Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
"Every day I'm hustling"
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 432
Send a message via MSN to Graham
Default

Yes it will work. That is what I do on my site. I have all links pointing to a page that doesn't exist, which I 301 to my affiliate link. The other benefit of this is if you need to update your affiliate links you can do it simply by changing the code in your .htaccess file. The only downside I see to this, sometimes the redirects can be slow (even on a fast server).
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Unique advertising opportunity: MillionDollarBankroll
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

301'ing to the affiliate link will simply pass them the link value. May as well just link to them directly if you're going to that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-17-2007, 08:46 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,341
Default

With some cardrooms the redirect won't track.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
"Every day I'm hustling"
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 432
Send a message via MSN to Graham
Default

Which rooms PPP?
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Unique advertising opportunity: MillionDollarBankroll
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-17-2007, 10:01 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,341
Default

Absolute for one.

(I should have said "may not track" since I suppose there can be a way to do it, but a standard 301 to them breaks the "?" in the URL, and they won't track it.)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
"Every day I'm hustling"
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 432
Send a message via MSN to Graham
Default

I have never had a problem with them. My links are still tracking properly there. I don't see why it would be a problem because the redirect is no different then clicking on a link with an affiliate code in it.

There is a post about this on SEOBook:
http://www.seobook.com/archives/001935.shtml
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Unique advertising opportunity: MillionDollarBankroll
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
"Every day I'm hustling"
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 432
Send a message via MSN to Graham
Default

I just tested Absolute again and it shows the affiliate tracking URL once the Absolute link loads. Do you have further information about this? Can you please explain why you think it won't work?

Here is another link about cloaking affiliate links: http://www.affiliatebeginnersguide.c.../cloaking.html
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Unique advertising opportunity: MillionDollarBankroll
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-18-2007, 12:09 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,341
Default

Where do you have an absolute link that works?

I see your Fulltilt link works, but I get an error because their site recieves the "?" as "%3". Yours is recieved as a "?" though.

Are you redirecting through htaccess or how are you doing it?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
"Every day I'm hustling"
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 432
Send a message via MSN to Graham
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
Where do you have an absolute link that works?

I see your Fulltilt link works, but I get an error because their site recieves the "?" as "%3". Yours is recieved as a "?" though.

Are you redirecting through htaccess or how are you doing it?

The absolute link is here:
http://www.bankrollboost.com/lacey-jones.php

Yes, I am redirecting using an .htaccess file.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Unique advertising opportunity: MillionDollarBankroll
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legallity Question aussiepoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 01-14-2007 05:39 PM
Running My first freeroll-Have a question greview New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 08-06-2006 04:09 PM
Question about instant-bankroll type offers on Party domino66 PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 6 06-28-2006 03:35 PM
Do Party CD's Really Work? mktrout General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 08-25-2005 06:27 PM
Hello // Full Tilt Conversion Question PKing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 05-23-2005 04:10 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0