Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2006, 10:47 AM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default Running My first freeroll-Have a question

I am running my first freeroll via Titan Poker and have a question.
The freeroll is for $100 and I am limiting the seats to 20 max. Top 15 gets paid. My question is, Should I require that you make a deposit at the site to recieve access to the freeroll or should I just allow players to enter without depositing?
My site is new so I worry that I wont get the minimum number of players, which is 15 if I require a deposit for access.
Any thoughts?
__________________
http://www.poker-portal.info
http://onlinepokerblog.wordpress.com
http://www.online-earners.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-06-2006, 12:06 PM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 289
Default first freeroll

hi

good luck btw with it -

not sure why your restricting it to a max of 20 ?

I do freerolls and some low buy-ins and its a mixed bag really

on the one hand you will pick a load of low value members for your forum with a freeroll with password but no posting restriction

if you put on a posting restriction your narrowing it down to existing members with enough posts and a few new ones who will post (but could be any kind of quality)

I wouldn't bank too much on getting new signups & depositing (complete virgins) they just wont signup because of a $100 freeroll IMHO (& limited experience)

I would use freerolls for building a bit of loyalty and you will need the existing members already signed up to titan to be sure your tournies will run esp buy-ins

I used to be really cheesed off about forum singups just to get into freerolls but this is par for the course - look at as an overal thing

your forum grows - looking more established - which attracts more members etc - which will attract depositing players / new players

I might be wrong but for me it seems a numbers game - you cant know who will deposit at places (half the time they dont understand how we earn money) so work on the tournies making the community and getting them to post more

making it too exclusive half the time means your just throwing tournies for members who signed up to the sites your promoting and hoping to earn from months ago - so in effect they wont earn you on those ones

hope thats a help - keep the true freeroll whores out but get as many others as possible

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-2006, 05:09 PM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default

Thanks for the info. Makes sense. I have been working on a forum, just havent made it public yet. This may be a good way to attract members.
__________________
http://www.poker-portal.info
http://onlinepokerblog.wordpress.com
http://www.online-earners.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick PokerNews Freeroll Question stillshadow Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network 2 02-20-2007 11:28 AM
Setting up Exclusive Freeroll??? Wild Willy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 01-10-2007 10:26 AM
Titan Poker Freeroll- My sites 1st Freeroll greview The Spam Forum 0 08-13-2006 01:25 PM
DeuceAce.com Poker Freeroll - Free to enter and $300 prize pool - Running weekly! John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 08-09-2006 03:25 PM
Party Reneges on Affiliate Freeroll gopherblue PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 16 04-02-2006 07:37 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0