Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate World Sponsored Programs - Poker Affiliate Programs > PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners

PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners PartyPoker.com is a member of the PAW network and offers $125 CPA's. Discuss PartyPoker.com's Affiliate Program with us in these forums.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2006, 11:38 AM
gopherblue gopherblue is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 19
Default

I qualified for the PartyPoker affiliate bonanza freeroll for January. I just received an email from my AM which states that because so few people qualified and registered for the freeroll, that they were cancelling it, but that I'd be eligible for the bonanza freeroll for this month.

I am pretty steamed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it shouldn't matter how many affiliates qualified or registered for the freeroll--it should still go on. Hey, if there are only a few affiliates who qualified, then they should still get to play, happy with the knowledge that their odds of winning went up. Party offered the incentive, and I qualified for it. To then pull it due to the low number of qualifying affiliates is not fair to me. It is irrelevant if, for instance, no one else qualified...hey lucky day! I should win by default. Here's an example to illustrate: what if a company said "anyone who sends in an entry card is eligible for the prize drawing", and I was the ONLY person to send in an entry...the drawing should still go on, right? The same holds true if only 10 people send in entries...the drawing should go on, and the 10 people should reap the reward of the increased odds of winning.

Party offered the affiliate freeroll, and it isn't like they are going to be out any more money than they originally budgeted for it. By cancelling it and having me play in the current month freeroll, they basically got to offer an incentive in January and then not follow through on it.

Moderator, please do not move this to the Party forum, as I think it effects all affiliates.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Goph
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2006, 11:43 AM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 489
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

Mmmm, seems a bit shady. I'd definitely be upset that they completely cancelled the January freeroll, but if they are automatically putting you in this months freeroll, atleast you aren't losing everything.

On a side note, this DOES belong in the PartyPoker poker forum as it is dealing with PartyPoker and everything PP related goes there.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Moving to the Party Poker forum.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2006, 12:00 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,443
Default

The same thing happened to me about 5 months ago.

Is your AM Sarah?


This is just another example of Party Poker running the affiliate program without caring about "the little guy". It is a shame...but I don't think they really care if you are steamed. They have you by the balls because they make millions and you don't.

Another example of "don't put all your eggs in one basket"...I learned that and that is why I do much better with Poker Room, Full Tilt, Titan and other rooms than I do with Party.

__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2006, 02:47 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,707
Default

I once drove 50 minutes to a "guaranteed" tournament that was cancelled for lack of entrants. It happens. Since you are now qualified for whenever the next one happens, what is the big deal? A small deal maybe, but a big deal, c'mon.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2006, 03:10 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default

They held a $2000 freeroll in January for affilites, that had 22 entrants.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2006, 03:27 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,707
Default

I suppose he meant February in the original post.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2006, 04:52 PM
gopherblue gopherblue is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PPP@Mar 3 2006, 03:27 PM
I suppose he meant February in the original post.
Qualified for my results in January...freeroll was to be held in February. BTW, my AM apologized and offered me a PP windbreaker or cap instead...no comment on that.

Goph
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2006, 06:51 PM
checkingout checkingout is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 397
Default

Im not sure if moving topics to this forum makes much sense. When is the last time anyone from partypoker posted or replied to anything here?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-2006, 06:56 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default

There was also a Party freeroll in Febuary for $2000.....
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling a Party Poker Affiliate Account gogogators PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 6 08-16-2006 05:06 PM
Party Poker Affiliate Freeroll Problems adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 01-23-2006 03:27 AM
Buying/Selling an Existing Party Affiliate Account Pocket_Aces PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 11-30-2005 01:57 PM
Party Affiliate freeroll coxquinn General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 10-12-2005 10:19 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 04:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0