| Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network Promote through the Poker Affiliate World system and take advantage of large CPA's as well as all your stats being on a simple poker affiliate backend. |
 12-19-2006, 10:48 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,424
|
|
Titan reducing CPAs?
I just got aa email from my AM at Titan saying that Titan has reviewed CPA values and such and that they would be reducing CPAs to a max of $90 shortly.
Although this is outrageous...I was wondering how it might affect the deal here at PAW.
I know I have had a deal higher than $90 at Titan and this SUDDENLY happens.
Not good for business.
Any takes?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code
Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
|
 12-19-2006, 11:35 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
|
|
It seems to me that some of these rooms do as they please without thinking of their affiliates and the impact it may have on the aff. and their poker room, i know when Pacific cut my cpa to mgr i quit promoting them, and pushed them to the back of the line. However it's like standing alone and trying to be heard, it just wont happen, it would take a complete lock out of all aff. to make an impact, and that just aint gonna happen!
|
 12-20-2006, 12:56 AM
|
|
Super Mod
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 215
|
|

Poker Ocean/Titan Poker has proven to be scumbags in the past. They give you a high CPA and tell you to bring them X amount of referals that make a deposit of X amount of $'s.
Although you hold up your end of the bargain, they take away all your CPA if they dont like the Net Gaming etc... Its very tricky business.
It is near impossible to guess how much your players will play in the first month. This is the funny part about this. I did much marketing in the Portugal region and as you know their country is not known for being a money power house nation and many of the players I brought in were in college and such. That brought down their "immediate" value so Casino Partners decides to wipe out the 47 referals I brought in this month. At $120 each,. thats $5600 and now they wish to pay me off 1700 for the 47 players. I agree to this deal after arguing and being upset, i realized I will not get anywhere with these people. Then I get messaged 20min later from my Account Manager again saying they will give me the 1700 but only if i continue to bring them players at 25% commision and $10 a player. They requested 15+ players a day from me. They said the 1700 buyout is only valid if my players do really good in rake this month. I told them I will no longer promote them unless they give me the 1700 as promised. They also told me in a previous email I would be paid twice in the month of December and then was told this would only happen in January. I have an email of this and he claims he didnt mean to say December.
They had no problem paying me in 2 previous months. My Account Manager told me just 2 days prior everything is great keep bringing in the players. Then WHAM! He says he is forced to do it because of people above him. I think they are just trying to get VALUE players added to their stock. Dont tell an affiliate you are going to give them $120, have them do the work and then change the deal. Thats just not right.
In their defense I have no idea what net gaming my players from mostly Portugal were bringing in at the time. They dont provide that information so it makes it very difficult to know if extra motivation (buyin tournies, freerolls) is needed to make them redeposit.
I offered a great freeroll on my site and it brought in a ton of players, so i get punished for it. They should have stuck to the deal as in previous months and paid the $5600 they owed and changed the deal after that.
I thought everything was going good and wham...they take it all away and try to pay me crap and back out of their deal. It has me questioning their loyalty to the Paw Program.
They get us all signed up promoting them and bring in 2,000-10,000 players a month then take the carpet out from underneath us. I dont trust them for nothing.
Players need time to make more deposits, you cant expect the world from them. They have lives, bills etc.. They love poker but have to play responsibly. My players were depositing an average of $35-$45 from what I was told and I guess that wasnt good enough to earn more then $1700. I thought CPA was for them to wait for the net rake. I could have done a revenue share myself and waited for the cash if i wanted to do that.
Most of my players like tournaments also and that takes away from their net gaming and gives it to someones elses referals who wins the tournaments. I have talked to my players and most of them said they have cash in their account and most of them said they have yet to make a single withdrawal.
Its not like these players are depositing and taking their cash back, they are playing they just dont have the time of day that most others have. I am sorry not all my players are Gus Hansen and play 23 out of 24 hours a day.
I was told by my AM that if I kept bringing in large numbers thats all that matters. He even told me the amount to get them to deposit 35-50. So in my freeroll marketing I told the players they have to deposit 35 atleast to be eligible for our private freeroll.
Not sure why their was no problems last month. By the way these freerolls were the idea of my account manager and were totally approved for my deal.
I deffinately feel backstabbed and robbed of $5600. I am not going to promote them anymore unless they pay me my $1700 and even after that im not sure as I cant trust them anymore. I dont like my site clutters with 500 ads so I will give the space to the rooms who are loyal and honest with their affiliates.
If the value of those players was that bad, then change the deal and we move on, dont take money earned away from an affiliate, thats just bad business.
I will update you all as this matter unfolds.
Last edited by DontLook : 12-20-2006 at 01:06 AM.
|
 12-20-2006, 01:32 AM
|
|
Super Mod
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 215
|
|

This is the only thing I could find that they MUST be putting my account under.
3.4 Good Faith
You will not benefit from known or suspected traffic not generated in good faith whether or not it actually causes us damage. We reserve the right to retain all amounts due to you under this Agreement if we have reasonable cause to believe that such traffic has been caused with your knowledge. Even if you have not knowingly generated such traffic, we reserve the right to withhold Advertising Revenue with respect to such traffic.
I believe this is the rule they are trying to stick on me. So basically they are saying to me they think either I know these players arent good lol or whatever? Yet they want me to keep bringing them more.
Maybe someone else can figure this out for me here. If they believed I was bringing in players an in unfaithful way to the deal, they would terminate my account period. Not request more players that are "supposedly" crap. Again I have no idea how my players perform because I dont get those reports in my stats.
This rule allows them to point the finger at ANYONE and say well MAYBE this guy is purposely bringing in bad traffic to get out of paying money promised.
I read in others post from people about Pacific Poker, atleast if they dont like the traffic they will pay you what they owe you as promised, they will just tell you and change the deal so that future players brought in will be under a different deal. Thats the HONEST way of dealing with such matters.
What makes me sick is i worked hard to market and bring in new players, did site work advertising the freerolls and such and I will be lucky if I make a dime off it.
The only thing is PURPOSELY did to bring in new depositors was advertise a great freeroll. They agreed to it.
Im not even sure how someone could purposely bring in bad traffic but I tell you one thing, If I did and they BELIEVED i did, why would they ask me for more new depositors.
Steer clear until further notice, who knows maybe they will email me saying they had decided to pay me the cash in good faith. Something I have shown them since day one.
|
 12-20-2006, 11:15 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,424
|
|
My AM mentioned today that the PAW deal with Titan has/will be cancelled due to this reduction of CPAs.
Unbelievable. Titan is now going into the toilet. Greedy sites will NEVER make it big with affiliates.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code
Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
|
 12-20-2006, 12:42 PM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,229
|
|
That would be nice if they would let us know before telling affiliates this. WTF is going on in this industry.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|
 12-20-2006, 01:10 PM
|
|
Super Mod
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 215
|
|
Jeremy its not the Industry its just CasinoPartners. You have no idea how pissed off I was after doing all that work.
Man I am one of the most honest guys there is. I never try to hurt anyone or take advantage of anyone. I put my heart and money (freerolls) into promoting them just to get robbed.
Its not right. Avoid them.
|
 12-20-2006, 07:03 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,424
|
|
My AM was pleased to offer me the MGR promotion that is being promoted right now to the general public (ie new affiliates). After bringing them over 500 RMP in the last year, they reduce my CPA and want me to move to MGR.
What a bunch of crock. Oh well...the people who said diversify were DEFINITELY right. It makes the kicks in the balls feel a lot less painful.
And I am surprised they didn't tell PAW...wonder if this will happen or not??
If it doesn't I will be promoting through PAW links in January.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code
Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
|
 12-20-2006, 09:59 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
|
|
You know I dropped Titan until this came on the PAW network and now I must say that I am so over Titan AGAIN. I was fed up with them asking for banner spots telling me they will raise my CPA for x players, then nothing. I just put some banners up for them because of PAW. Oh well!
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"Did you just grab my ass?"
|
 12-21-2006, 01:42 AM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,229
|
|
For the record we have still not heard a word from Titan in regards to this. It seems like a losing proposition to move sites like pokernews, pokerlistings, cardplayer, playwinningpoker, and many of the other big sites to a $90 CPA max.
I can assure you they will not get any exposure on the big sites at this rate. Nonetheless, if I were you guys I would not push them until there is more clarification.\, regardless if you are promoting them on our network or on your own.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.
|