| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 12-29-2005, 02:07 PM
|
|
|

Hey Guys,
As promised I have been in contact quite extensively with Titan Poker today and wanted to shed some light on the situation. Essentially what has happened is that they launched their bonus codes 2 weeks ago. There was in fact a glitch in their system that was not registering the players to that bonus code. This was a problem on playtech's end and not on Casino Partners or any of the affiliate manager's end.
Keep in mind AM's get paid just like we do. If a player is getting tracked w/o an affiliate refferal, they are not getting paid either. With that said, it is truly in their best interest to make sure players are being tracked properly.
As far as tracking codes or unique URL's at Titan go, those have had no problems and are working fine. I spoke with a few of the larger Titan affiliates (that I know) and they have said that their stats seem to be normal with no major fluctautions. These people do not use bonus codes however, keep that in mind.
Now in the event that you had a player sign up through your tracker or with a Bonus code and they got registered to another affiliate..............your player had initially visited Titan via a link on another site. It doesn't matter what the last site they clicked from. The first affiliate site places the cookie. This is pretty standard for all sites in the industry. Unfortunately in good faith Titan can't remove that player from the other affiliate.
I have been assured by both Ilan and the staff at Titan that everythig is 100% now. If you "know you signed up someone yesterday (or whenever)" then you obviously know who the player is. Get me his or her name and information and I will help you to get them tracked to you if they indeed did come to your site.
However some people are saying to Titan that they just know they had some sign-ups but don't even know what the players name is???? My question is how can that be?
I know if you look around, Titan has been a great room since it's inception and everyone has been appy thus far. They did have a hiccup in the first two weeks of launching bonus codes. I'll be the first to say, that sucks......but welcome to internet business.....it happens. I am glad though that they are admitting the mistake and taking corrections to fix it.
With the holidays many AM's have been out of town and traveling including Ilan. For now if you have any specific players that are not being tracked to you, get me their information and I will directly bring it to Titan for you. Also if anyone wants I will test out a few Titan sign-ups through my link just to make sure were all good.
|
 12-29-2005, 02:17 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 191
|
|
Thank you Jeremey for all of your help. I just now understand how clicking the links will put a cookie in place. But if they dont download the software, and then download from your website, and use your bonus code, you should get credit right? I mean I have players that never downloaded and want to play in my private tournaments, but I cant get credit for them if they have ever clicked somewhere else, which means they cant play in my tournaments. what should I do? Thanks again
tke1600
__________________
Get the latest poker fish lists, online poker reviews , information for playing online poker , and online casino bonus reviews
|
 12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,204
|
|
So what this means, is try to get first clicks. i mean if someone clicks on my titan or any other poker room link and dosent do anything the cookie is embedded so if in the future they ever open an account from anywhere i get credit. So in essence we should be targeting clicks.
__________________
Poker Players see what Poker Rooms Allow USA Players , Find out How To Qualify For The 2008 Wsop And Get Your Pokerstars Bonus .Not From The USA Then Get The Top PartyPoker Bonuscode , Or If Your A Casino Player From The U.S. Find Out What Casinos Accept US Players , Affiliates See Our Casino And Affiliate Programs ......
|
 12-29-2005, 09:57 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 618
|
|
Generally Yes, first clicks are best, remember you are trying to introduce a player to that site for the 1st time.
Or first clicks after cookies are cleared.
This whole discussion has surrounded Titan Poker for some reason. Cookies are absolutely nothing to do with Titan Poker, Party Poker or any other poker sites, EVERY OTHER affiliate site, and most other comercial sites on earth for that matter track affilhiates through cookies.
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code
|
 12-29-2005, 10:15 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 191
|
|

I don't mean to be a downer here, but I keep getting assured that everything is fine and I just can't buy into that. I have had the AM manually track a few players that "I know have signed up under me" and that is all well and good. But EVERY player that I know signed up under me has not been tracked correctly (granted a small number here but come on). I check my stats today and see lots of impressions and clicks, but not one single download or signup in a long timespan.
The tracking cookies are being imbedded, and I just dont understand why sign ups arent being tracked correctly but it scares me as this is a business which is basically anonymous. We dont typically know our players at all, much less have contact info to make sure that they were tracked correctly.
It's even harder to hear that other people are having the same problems.
Has anyone tried verifying some recent sign ups? Curious if people are still seeing mis-tracks.
And, by the way, the players that signed up under me "landed on default" and not to some other site that they clicked first.
|
 12-29-2005, 10:47 PM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
|
|
I am siding with you UCLA dave, i feel like maybe to some there has been resolution to titan poker, but for me there has been none. I am getting the same sort of stats you are getting and am completely fed up with titan. As an affiliate I need to feel like I can trust the site that I am promoting, and I just dont feel like I can instill any trust in them what so ever. Today, I have removed all the titan poker links and banners off of my site, i am officially done with them, after they begged me to promote them. I am tired of this program, and do not wish to deal with them any longer.
|
 12-30-2005, 03:09 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 191
|
|

I totally understand your feelings about this one TakeTheRakeBack. I got so excited when I received their unsolicited email asking me to promote their site. They offered a pretty good CPA deal for me if I would make them number one on my site, which I agreed to. I was totally stoked about the new relationship, but feel like they did not share the same enthusiasm. I guess I just expected that with the mere mention of tracking problems they would have looked into things more instead of just claiming that there were no problems.
If it was just one player I could understand, but two that I know the TTR numbers for, and at least two others who wont share their TTR number with me (I know I wouldnt give that out to a stranger!) signed up and I had no credit. When I gave the two TTR numbers they were manually adjusted to me, but I should not have to go through those steps. Titan was not apologetic in the least, and you would think that to cultivate a new relationship which THEY initiated, you would put your best foot forward.
From my point of view, if none of four players were tracked to me in the first month, how many others am I losing out on? I need to be able to trust in the tracking, and so far I have no reason to think that anyone will fall under me. In this whole time in fact, the stats show not one single download. Within the next week I am going to have one other close friend sign up from my link. If he doesn't show up I will be removing all their links as well.
Anyone else have updates on their situations?
|
 12-31-2005, 02:21 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,023
|
|
This doesnt make sense - if Titan Poker manually adjusted your account ucladave they did one of two things - Admitted there is a tracking problem outside of the cookies - Or manually stole those players from another affiliate whos cookie had already been tracked . Correct me if they have more than these two options, both of which are doomful.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
|
 12-31-2005, 10:34 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 191
|
|
Basically I see what they did as the first option. There are four players (that I know of) who signed up under my link. Two of them I was able to get the TTR number for. Both of those "landed on default" meaning they were tracked to no one. I personally oversaw one of the sign ups, and the tracking cookie was there on the computer. Therefore, its a tracking problem in my book. Not to mention, they freely admit that their software can not correctly track impressions, but claim that clicks and downloads and sign ups are fine. I do not agree obviously, and have had people test these. 10 clicks, 4 registered. Not a single download showing. No real sign ups even though I know there are 4+
It's definitely not a good situation, and one I dont understand either as I have no problems with another playtech Ipoker site that I promote.
|
 12-31-2005, 02:30 PM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
|
|
my stats are the same way ucladave. Tons of clicks, and no downloads, one of my friends even tried to sign up for it from my site, and he was not tracked to me either! I suggest to just drop titan completely as i have done. They clearly have major issues, and are not worth dealing with such a lack of professionalism. Ilan begged me to put his site number 1, I did, and got nothing in return. I am done with titan poker, there has been no resolution for me. Goodluck to all those that are continuing to promote them, you will be working with one of the most unprofessional affiliate programs available.
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.
|