Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 02-07-2006, 05:27 PM
fub fub is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17
Default

Hi all,

I've got a friend who works for a direct mailing company, they deliver leaflets & flyers to homes all over the country.
I've managed to get a half price deal for a trial run.

The company can target homes using 15 demographic profiles and will post my leaflets in a solus scheme (only my post is delivered on that drop).

It's only costing me $45 to hit 1000 targeted homes. I was going to use 3 profiles:
1) Students,
2) Single men mid / high income
3) Low income / low education.

Each with a different bonus code. I'm going to be promoting Party on CPA codes.
I know 1000 is a small number but i wanted to give it a trial first.

Has anyone ever tried this before?
Any advice on what the drop should be? Standard Party flyers or standard Party business cards? Or something else?

I may alter the promo slightly so main text would read "$100 extra for students" etc. rather than the standard "$100 extra".

I also have the choice of when the drops happen, either mornings or between 4.00 - 8.00 in the evening. I guess mornings for mums and evening for the men?

Interested to hear your thoughts.
Obviously i will post any results.

Cheers
Fub
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-07-2006, 09:17 PM
pokernow pokernow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17
Default

What country do you live in? Is it legal to promote poker rooms like that in your country?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2006, 10:06 AM
fub fub is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pokernow@Feb 7 2006, 09:17 PM
What country do you live in? Is it legal to promote poker rooms like that in your country?
I'm in the UK,
Do you know what the laws are conserning offline marketing?

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-13-2006, 02:42 AM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 364
Default

You're OK if your in the UK. It's OK here in Brazil too... and in a few other countries - but if you live in USA or Canada I wouldn't touch offline promotion with a stick.
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-13-2006, 04:49 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 619
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

UK is ok as far as I know, (i havent been arrested yet...)
There is poker and gambling advertising everywhere, so I don't see why it would be a problem.
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does PartyPoker have a campaign going for Playmoney players? MilanFlyer General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 11-30-2006 03:29 AM
how to create a new campaign psmoney PokerHeaven.com 2 04-04-2006 01:18 PM
Recommendations for an OFFLINE campaign ucladave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-22-2005 01:55 PM
Starting a local campaign in Ireland John D New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 09-07-2005 03:28 AM
Should I embark on this marketing campaign? sooty General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 06-03-2005 02:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0