Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-03-2005, 01:19 PM
sooty sooty is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 58
Default

I have an offer of an ad in a magazine. I forget whether the price I got quoted was for quarter or 1/8 of a page but here is the deal:

- men's lifestyle magazine
- national audience
- 18-30 yr old core audience
- higher than national average income
- nearly 300,000 weekly readers
- minimum 4 weeks placement (magazine is weekly)
- for those 4 weeks, total cost is circa USD 3,500

At this stage I don't want to mention the country of issue (I am looking at a few).

What do you think? Will it be profitable? Has anyone done a similar campaign?

Looks like I would need something like 10-15 CPA signups (I will do MGR though) to make it worthwhile.

What I like about it though, is that it is highly targetted.

thanks
__________________
Free Video Poker
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know they said they have 300,000 readers. Ask them how many actual copies they distribute. Also find out if their distribution is audited and by whom.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-2005, 02:07 PM
PKing PKing is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 85
Default

Interesting question. In my opinion, the risk / reward in this situation is too good to pass up. The risk? I can't see you getting zero real money players out of it. Let's say, worst case scenario, you recoup half your investment. But the possible reward? I can easily see you making multiple times your investment back based on the demographic of this magazine. Could provide for a nice steady stream of new players if it works out and you continue advertising with them. I'd do it, the bold get rewarded in this industry.
__________________
Poker King
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for SEO help! gooderpoker Search Engine Optimization 34 03-27-2007 05:18 PM
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 10:33 PM
Viral Marketing Revisited Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 03-01-2006 05:25 PM
Somewhat of a viral marketing campaign Im doing Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 12-06-2005 02:29 PM
T&C - 3.2 Marketing Activities and Responsibiliti sooty General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 05-23-2005 11:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0