Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I understand there are rumours going around that I was involved in a recent viral marketing campaign that had media exposure and drove massive amounts of traffic.

I am exercising my right as a U.S. citizen under the fifth ammendment and will not be commenting.

Anyhow on the subject of viral marketing however I do think that this is a tremendous way to drive hundreds if not thousands of raw hits every day. Keep in mind however that most of these "hits" are not targeted. In reality it becomes a big numbers game. Would you rather have 10 targeted hits from serious poker players looking for a specific term or bonus that your site offers or would you rather have 10,000 random hits from people.

There is a break point that you need to figure out and I really don't know what it is to be honest. When thinking about "Viral Marketing" however you have to really really think outside the box and come up with something that is going to passed around. It either needs to be something that is extremely funny or so outragous that people feel compelled to post it or pass it around. If you can come up with something this brilliant it will spread like bird flu :lol: :lol: (bad analogy, I know)

Alex Tew became a millionaire becaus the idea of people buying up a million pixels was just crazy. It got even crazier when people started buying them and the word got out. Most viral campaigns are simple emails or websites however.

I want to share with you a successful one from a gentlemen that I have been working with at PokerHeaven. He primarily is going out and recruiting sub-affiliates for them from different industries and such. He was not really interested in getting players but I suggested he come up with a good viral campaign and it will take care of itself.

This was a few days ago that he launched this and it is now starting to get passed around via email and actually got posted in a few chat boxes on sites. I gave him a few ideas and what he came back with....................well I couldn't stop laughing.

Without further ado I give to you one of the better poker related viral marketing campaigns I have come accross in a while:


www.NiceSuckout.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-01-2006, 03:21 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,445
Default

So where can we find a useful viral marketing example, we can use to promote our sites or aff links?

Or do we have to make it?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Ritch111 Ritch111 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 296
Send a message via AIM to Ritch111
Default

I could have done with out that.
__________________
If you think of something, someone has already thought of it first.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,021
Default

I've got one coming h34r:

It'll top my last one too (helpthelooters.com) by a wide margin B)

Stay tuned...
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another great example of viral marketing Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-18-2006 08:38 AM
How is this doing as viral marketing? MilanFlyer General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 12-16-2005 02:58 AM
Halloween Viral Marketing hoursurfing The Cocktail Lounge 5 10-18-2005 10:09 PM
Viral Marketing Suggestions hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 10-10-2005 01:50 AM
My attempt at viral marketing Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 09-02-2005 11:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0