Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-05-2005, 03:12 PM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 446
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

Hey,
Getting some help from someone with experience in this but it's always a good idea to get as much help as possible.

I am running a local campaign for poker in Ireland and I am planning on putting a lot into it.
The thing is, I think a lot of people will be doing play money only, so how do I profit from them?

Anyone made a good profit from offline campaigns if you think a lot will only be doing play money?
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2005, 03:19 PM
tomysole tomysole is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 217
Default

If your doing offline campaigns then make fliers and cd's with the Partypoker million incentive bonus. The people will want the free tourney entry and will deposit the cash to get the bonus thinking they will just withdraw it asap! Little do they know that they will probably play alot of poker with that money and keep depositing.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2005, 03:50 PM
deepak7 deepak7 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Draculas country
Posts: 326
Default

I'm in Europe too... and even worse, Eastern Europe.

Draculas country more exactly.

Here, 5 card draw was known better than hold'em, slowly things change.
I have the same problem as you, few play on real money... mostly learn or play only freerolls (and withdraw!!! :lol: ). Well, its a poor country.

What I did?
I made an online league with special prizes/tourney and at the end... bounties too.
Looking at poker analysis and flopturnriver I see that I had bigger prizes.
Thats stupid, I expected more people. So if others don't reinvest money I did too much.

Also I arranged with a big casino a low 50$+10$ buy in and I made an online satellite for 5$+0.5$.

:lol:
So you could do the same... make some low buy-ins with special prizes (poker chips, good poker books... Harrington's... isn't he irish?).

I'm making another league season but I would like to know too other ways for making them deposit/play more. The good thing is I won't have a competitor, my site will be #1 next years (non english site). I'm optimistic I guess, I opened the site on 1st of june. Not too optimistic, I can't live by promoting poker, thats sure. At least for now.
__________________
Holdem Romania
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2005, 12:32 PM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 446
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

Hey,
Seems like you are a similar situation as me.
What type of contests could you hold that would get people to put money into their account and also give a good competitive contest between locals?

Something that would really get them involved and stick at it.

Seems like you are on the right track. I think getting started in somewhere that people mightn't be playing real money is a big obstacle to get over.

Any other tips on what you did at first that worked?
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2005, 03:28 AM
deepak7 deepak7 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Draculas country
Posts: 326
Default

For me its easier in a way.

There is no casino here that has NL holdem... only holdem limit, stud, caribbean.
So I organized a live tourney...

Also my poker info site is the first important site here.

My league had 2 freerolls and 4 buy-ins. There were bounties, many poker books... even some WPT season 2 dvds, poker chips. Not more than 30 ppl on a tourney but they like the quality of play and the fact that there is no foreigner registered.

One problem I found already: after people get more experienced they want better offers (bonuses, rake back) and won't use my links all the time.
__________________
Holdem Romania
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bingo Palace The Best Bingo in the UK & Ireland Open to USA Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 9 06-01-2007 01:50 PM
Anyone left flyers or cards in poker rooms at local casinos? pokertipsfromthepros Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions 3 02-28-2007 11:54 AM
Omaha Starting Hand Strength Chart........ Jeremy General Poker Chat 3 06-07-2006 01:49 PM
Legal Issues of running local poker games pokerpatduck2 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 08-11-2005 01:14 PM
Wow.. Local niche with offline works! bsgjunkie General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 03-14-2005 05:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0