Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions

Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions Discuss your Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2007, 02:52 PM
poker69's Avatar
poker69 poker69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 187
Default Ideas for Business Cards - Also more questions

Hey everyone... I am looking to create some nice looking business cards for my offline promoting of my website. What do you suggest I put on these to attract studnents (18-23) that will make them visit my site and be interested in online poker?


Another question, I am looking to hold a poker tournament in my area for mostly students. What different things can I do at this tournament to get them signing up under my bonus codes?

This thread can be open to anyone with similiar questions about offline promoting... please go on with some good idea's you have!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2007, 03:40 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 947
Default

If I were you I would go for a nice design. It will cost you a few bucks extra but it's definetaly worth it in the long run. Use a glossy paper for the flyers or cards and use color (not just b&w).

Make them feel special. Don't just put a bonus code or a link on it. Arrange some kind of campus tournament. "Who is the best poker player on the campus" or "Campus Poker Tour 2007". That will attract some attention.

Be creative and come up with something that every student would like to win. "The winner gets his/her rent paid!!" or "The winner gets his weight in beer".. And come up with some cool slogans like "Wanna beat the crap out of your roommate in poker? Now you have the chance!"

I've done similar things with great success. The first tournament I hosted for the students in my city was a $20 +$2 freezeout with added money. I handed you approximately 300 flyers and over 40 signed up. Thats over 10% which is great.

Students can be a good target group but not always. Most of them don't have that much money so the player values might suck. At least until the holidays.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker69 View Post
Hey everyone... I am looking to create some nice looking business cards for my offline promoting of my website. What do you suggest I put on these to attract studnents (18-23) that will make them visit my site and be interested in online poker?

Another question, I am looking to hold a poker tournament in my area for mostly students. What different things can I do at this tournament to get them signing up under my bonus codes?

This thread can be open to anyone with similiar questions about offline promoting... please go on with some good idea's you have!!
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2007, 03:58 PM
poker69's Avatar
poker69 poker69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 187
Default

Great Ideas! What kind of things can I do at the tournament to make them excited for online poker and get them depositing?

Also has anyone made Business cards at FedEx? How does this work... Do you just tell them what you want and they design it?

How much would it be for about 500 business cards?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-27-2007, 01:43 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,446
Default

Check out Vista Print - prices are pretty good and you can design your own card.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-27-2007, 09:11 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 552
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Wink

This is where I visited when I got my business cards for one of my sites 2 months ago. It is shaped EXACTLY like a playing card, with the Ace of Spades showing on the back -- and then the name, logo, contact info, and bonus codes on the front. I wish I had a scanner to show em off cuz they honestly do look amazing. I'm looking on their site right now and can't seem to find em now....doh.

GL with your quest on finding some good designs. Spend the extra couple bucks like I did and really make your business card stand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Check out Vista Print - prices are pretty good and you can design your own card.
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-28-2007, 12:58 PM
poker69's Avatar
poker69 poker69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 187
Default

Yeah they look like a good comapny, I was also trying to find a company located in Canada so shipping would be cheaper and it would get here faster. Does anyone know about that
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-28-2007, 03:26 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 552
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

VistaPrint.ca I'm assuming would have better shipping rates since it's a canadian extension right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker69 View Post
Yeah they look like a good comapny, I was also trying to find a company located in Canada so shipping would be cheaper and it would get here faster. Does anyone know about that
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Couple Of Questions FrazVegas New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 06-10-2006 07:33 PM
Bad luck if you play cards SunPoker.com The Cocktail Lounge 0 01-13-2006 01:35 PM
Scratch Off Cards sportznuts General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 12-18-2005 03:20 PM
Business Cards Questions sooty General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 05-31-2005 05:33 PM
OFFLINE IDEAS FROM THIS FORUM SO FAR: sportznuts General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 03-17-2005 08:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0