Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-10-2006, 02:54 PM
FrazVegas FrazVegas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10
Default A Couple Of Questions

I typed "make a site" into the search box on the forum and there was only one thread listed, and it wasnt relevant to my questions, so sorry if these questions have actually been asked before.

Hi my name is Fraser and I live in Scotland Uk and Im completely new to poker affiliates. I figured Ive given away so much playing poker, I may as well make some selling poker.

Ok here are the questions.

What site builder would you recommend I use? (I have no technical ability )

Or, what website designers can you recommend me?

I want my website to be based around professional players, but Im scared that people will visit the site, see the info and not sign up through my affiliate links. How do I combat this?

Is creating an ebook with affiliate links a better method to use than creating a website? (Ideally the ebook would be for free or for a minimal fee.)

Do the Harrington on Holdem and Super System ebooks have re-sell/give away rights?

Do you have any other advice for a beginner?

I know Im asking a lot, but even if you can answer one of my questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a bunch - in advance.

FrazVegas/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-10-2006, 04:44 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Hey Fraz Welcome

I'll try to give you a little advice on a few of your questions...

I want my website to be based around professional players, but Im scared that people will visit the site, see the info and not sign up through my affiliate links. How do I combat this?

There's no way full proff way to prevent this but if you have a lot of content on your site people are willing to stick around. Also use bonus codes from the poker rooms. Make your guest feel you are giving them a promotion they can't get anywhere else.

Is creating an ebook with affiliate links a better method to use than creating a website? (Ideally the ebook would be for free or for a minimal fee.)

Ebooks have always been great ideas. The only problem is the flooded market. Getting your ebook out there is hard to do without a website with a lot traffic.


Do the Harrington on Holdem and Super System ebooks have re-sell/give away rights?

Click here and sign up for Amazon Affiliates. Then you can refer your website guest to Amazon and get a %.

Hope these help a bit. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-10-2006, 05:17 PM
FrazVegas FrazVegas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10
Default

They do indeed. Thank you!

Everyone else feel free to give their 2c worth!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-10-2006, 07:33 PM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 489
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

For website design I would suggest using either Microsoft FrontPage or Macromedia Dreamweaver. These two products are the leaders in the industry, with Dreamweaver being the big player. Neither of them require a STRONG technical background but it might take a little getting used to. Another important program is Adobe Photoshop, to use for making all of your web graphics....this program requires some practice as well.

It might be easier to pay someone to create your first website for you. I'd try to stay away from large web development companies because they cost you a hefty chunk out of pocket. I'd recommend fishing around these forums for another member that might do web design contract work at reasonable rates.

There are hundreds of threads of valuable information on this website, for beginner advice. It's a large saturated market but there are still ways to make good money in the industry, just do your research.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A couple of questions Darko Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network 1 12-12-2006 09:25 PM
Couple of Questions SmackDog JacksNQueens.com 5 11-27-2006 04:42 AM
General CAC Questions Graham General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 09-08-2006 01:45 PM
couple of questions: poker rules/golden vegas Kestrel New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 11-02-2005 09:54 PM
Couple Ideas ethomps General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 08-01-2005 11:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0