Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,015
Default General CAC Questions

Hi Guys,

Just had a few questions about the CAC for those of you that have gone before. This is my first time and I will be going down by myself.

Where are most people staying? I have tried looking for a hotel, but did not realize I was going until a couple days ago. Still trying to find a good deal down there.

What should I bring? For example, business cards, etc. Any suggestions.

What is the general dress code? I assume pretty casual, but was just wondering if anyone had any advice for what to wear?

What should I expect?

Any other tips that you have learned from passed visits?

I am thinking of booking a hotel near the other end of the strip, is this a bad idea?

Do you think it is worth renting a car?

If I think of anything else I will post it up.

Also, if anyone is going, add me send me a message so I will know who to look for when I get down there.

Thanks everyone for answering some of my strange questions....

Graham
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2006, 04:49 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 626
Default

I've been to these things for 3 years now.. here are some answers to your questions..

Quote:
Where are most people staying? I have tried looking for a hotel, but did not realize I was going until a couple days ago. Still trying to find a good deal down there.
Most people stay at the hotel where the convention is. If not, then nearby, except for high rollers who stay at the expensive places.

Quote:
What should I bring? For example, business cards, etc. Any suggestions.
Business cards definitely, and anything else related to your business that you can pass out and effectively advertises your company.

Quote:
What is the general dress code? I assume pretty casual, but was just wondering if anyone had any advice for what to wear?
I've seen it all, but typically it's pretty casual. The operators and AM's sometimes wear nicer clothes. Affiliates pretty much wear anything really.

Quote:
What should I expect?
Overstimulation. Great networking potentials as well as learning. Fun. No sleep.

Quote:
Any other tips that you have learned from passed visits?
Try to talk to as many people as possible as you never know what type of relationship you can develop from these things. These are some of the best and brightest in the industry, so bring big ears.

Quote:
I am thinking of booking a hotel near the other end of the strip, is this a bad idea?
Not unless you don't mind taking Cabs or walking in 100+ degree heat.

Quote:
Do you think it is worth renting a car?
You don't need one but they can be a lot of fun. We cruised the strip last year with another AM from Brightshare.

Have fun.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
BryanHauer.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 427
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan
Default

Hello Graham,

Although I too have never been to CAC either and this one will also be my first, I have been to Vegas plenty of times and even lived there for a while.

As far as what to bring business wise... I would highly suggest business cards. I'm sure others who have been to many of these will have some great suggestions.

As far as clothes... I would imagine it's mixed, since you can probably dress business casual during the day, but at night you have to remember that this is Vegas and almost every night club has a fairly strict dress code. (No jeans usually, no tennis shoes, etc...)

As far as where to book a place... I would stay more on the main strip. If you don't have a car it's too far to walk and you'd be forced to cab it if you're downtown. Try checking out expedia.com or hotels.com. I've seen some pretty good prices there.

I'll be there on Tuesday the 12th. Look forward to meeting.

Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon

And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either. Also, check out my other Premium WordPress Themes!

Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,015
Default

Hey Mark and Bryan,

Thanks for the help answering my questions! You guys gave me lots of good info. Hope to see you both there.

If anyone else has any views on this I would love to hear.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

1) Dont get Jeremy drunk

2) See number 1, especially if there are farm animals around

3) Stay in the conference hotel, you will have shitloads of teeshirts and other crap from the booths (take a quick run to your room and drop it off)

4) Biz cards are a MUST (Try to write down something on the ones you are handed to help you remember who gave you the card, as you wont remember when you go home - This helps when you contact them "hey this is holis from CAC, we met at the brass pole with the redhead"

5) Listen and take notes - apply these notes when you return home

6) ASK for better deals from the vendors if your traffic indicates you should
__________________

Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Carbon Poker Bonus Code or our Cake Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus | Poker Bonus Codes Online | Online Casino Bonus Directory | Casino Captain
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
A Couple Of Questions FrazVegas New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 06-10-2006 07:33 PM
General Industry Questions espionage General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 04-18-2006 03:33 AM
Interview questions for affiliate managers Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 07-13-2005 09:17 PM
Hello & some noob questions stigmatix New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 06-28-2005 06:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0