Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-14-2005, 02:45 AM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

I found a company that makes scratch-off cards. They have a wide assortment of types and sizes. They have a "Poker Face" - they show a guy holding up 5 cards showing 2 of them. You scratch off 3 of the cards to see if you get 2 pair - 3 of a kind, full house and so on - You put what you want on the back - say: Full House wins a $32 entry into Party Poker's Million Dollar tourney - 2 pair wins $25 free at Party Poker - just enter bonus code " ".

What do you guys think is the best way to advertise these cards? Bar bathrooms, poker books, magazines, - create a mailing list?

Depending on the size I can get 1500 of these scratch-off cards between $120 - $210.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-14-2005, 03:49 AM
MilanFlyer MilanFlyer is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 260
Default

Can you decide yourself what kind of "prize-distribution" the cards have?
__________________
Holdemguiden Norge
Turneringspoker Norge
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-14-2005, 09:44 AM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

I believe 60% win the grand prize. I'm not sure about the other winning cards.

I can find out more info tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2005, 03:58 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 329
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

What's the website?

I might be interested in that type of promotion also.


The cards are cheap enought that you could give them out almost randomly at bars, sporting events, people you meeet, casino parking lots (don't get caught )
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2005, 07:09 AM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

Hi, sorry for taking so long to respond.

The company is Impact USA - they will send you a bunch of different scratcher cards if you ask to give you an idea of what they look like. I have received a few and they look great. I think scratchers bring great appeal as I don't know anybody who wouldn't scratch a scratch-off that's just sitting there.

I think "just handing them out" is a great idea. Why not?

I was thinking of buying a few plastic card holders and sticking them next to a bathroom sink at local bars on a Friday or Saturday night.

You could stick 100 of them in there and I would bet they'd be gone by the end of the night.

Any ideas you could think of to implement these scratchers would be much appreciated. I truly respect this forum and listen to everyone's ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Winpoka Winpoka is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 18
Default

I like the idea of just leaving them in the bathroom at a bar - but there's always the town drunk (with no money) that will come and either take them all or flush them down the toilet for a laugh. Just a thought! Hate to see your hard work go to waste!
__________________
Online Poker Freeroll Tournaments - My new Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Business Cards sooners83 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 05-15-2006 11:47 AM
Bad luck if you play cards SunPoker.com The Cocktail Lounge 0 01-13-2006 12:35 PM
Business Cards at Bars sooners83 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 10-31-2005 11:18 PM
Scratch Offs jharri26 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 08-17-2005 11:00 AM
Promoting Poker with Cards and Fliers Dave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 17 02-05-2005 02:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0