Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-13-2005, 11:51 AM
sooners83 sooners83 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 191
Send a message via AIM to sooners83
Default

On Cinco De Mayo I went to a couple of bars with some friends to have some fun. Everytime I went to use the bathroom I put my card on every toilet. I would say I used about 15-20 cards the whole night. I have had 5 people sign up from me doing so. 3 of them are real money players. My cards are simple they just say Poker Player Wanted, 100% bonus, and play with the pros then my link is at the bottom. I have black gloss cards that look more like a mini flyer. I am going to start doing this at every bar I go to now. This might be the way to cover my expensive bar tabs.
__________________
<b><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><a href='http://www.fulltiltpro.com' target='_blank'><span style='color:red'>Full Tilt Pro</span></a></span></span></b>
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-15-2005, 02:27 AM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

Would it be a good idea to put them on tables too? What about partnering with the a bar and grill and having them put them in the to go orders and on the counters (stand up tents)?
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2005, 04:16 AM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 496
Default

Would it be a good idea to put them on tables too? What about partnering with the a bar and grill and having them put them in the to go orders and on the counters (stand up tents)? [quote]

I agree with Adioking - With cooperation, you could easily find yourself hosting tournaments and getting the message across even further. Bars are always looking for ways to bring People in on quiet nights (at least here in Australia they are).

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2005, 04:40 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

If I hadn't gotten my license taken away for a year last fall, I'd be driving everywhere to see if they will partner with me. Alas, the police don't like when you are speeding 170 mph on a crochrocket

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2005, 04:50 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,403
Default

Is it completely legal (here in Canada) to run poker tournies and stuff at bars?

Is it legal to advertise online gambling?

I am just afraid of some of those issues...otherwise I would be contacting all kinds of bars!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2005, 05:17 PM
RakeRecycle RakeRecycle is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 202
Default

In the states at least, you cannot hold poker tournaments for money outside of licensed gambling establishments. What bars do around here is host free tournaments and offer prizes for top finishers. A local bar gives away a free $50 bar tab to the winner. The buy in is one beer bought, and you can rebuy by buying a beer during the tournament. You could offer to give away t-shirts with your website on them to the top 1-5 finishers or something like that. Bars are always looking for free stuff to give away at these events to make them more popular.
__________________
I'm the best affiliate ever...Just so you know.

PM me for ideas....[and to sign up under me.]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:20 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,403
Default

Thanks for the info Rake...you rock!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 525
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

I tried to set up a tourney at a bar in Ohio, and they said you can't have poker tournaments in bars in Ohio. The last tourney I had, we rented out a place and had about 30 people. After all of the stuff was paid for, I broke even on the tourney and had 5 signups, but all were inactive. But I do like the buy in with beer, many bars would be open for that.
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
November - $12,346 net income
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

corpfan1,

Here in Victoria, BC many of the local bars have poker tournaments.

I'ts legal in Canada as long as you don't charge players anything to enter or make a profit from the tournament. Of course the bar does profit from all the extra drinks they sell.

Quote:
Is it legal to advertise online gambling?
What I do is carry a copy of Canadian Poker Player magazine around with me.

You can buy it at most newstands in the country and it's full of adds that advertise online gambling sites, mostly poker sites, with Bonus Codes.

If they get away with blatent, bonus code adds like that in a national magazine then surely we can hand out a few fliers and business cards.

If any bar owner has concurns about it's legality just show him the magazine, works every time, I just hope the cops buy it. Haven't had a run in with the cops yet but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

I handed out about 30 PP fliers at a local bar poker tournament on Friday, got 1 play money player from it so far.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-28-2005, 02:57 PM
BruinEric BruinEric is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BuckeyeReport@May 16 2005, 01:09 PM
I tried to set up a tourney at a bar in Ohio, and they said you can't have poker tournaments in bars in Ohio. The last tourney I had, we rented out a place and had about 30 people. After all of the stuff was paid for, I broke even on the tourney and had 5 signups, but all were inactive. But I do like the buy in with beer, many bars would be open for that.
I know this is an ancient thread, but help your bar owners stay clear of legal problems with your state's liquor laws. Here in CA, selling alcohol by using some incentives is tricky at best and illegal at worst. I know a bit about CA ABC laws, so I thought it okay to resurrect a thread to help someone in the future.

For example, a bar can't give away free stuff that comes only with purchase of a beer. They can have an "all inclusive price," but not "buy a beer, get a tshirt/tourney entry/burger/etc."

So when promoting in bars, at least make a minor effort to keep your patrons (bar owners) within the law for your state. Various states have scrutinized poker tournaments, and you'd don't want to be the guy that gets the owner tagged with a fine or license suspension.

Your state Alcoholic Beverage Control board should have a website that will give you the info you need in about an hour of clicking and reading.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheap Business Cards stasther General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 01-06-2007 11:59 PM
Business Cards Aidan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 11-20-2006 12:33 AM
Business Cards sooners83 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 05-15-2006 12:47 PM
Where will allow you to distribute business cards skits2 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 09-28-2005 01:11 AM
Partypoker business cards and fliers tomysole General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 06-09-2005 01:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0