Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-18-2006, 10:59 AM
minga's Avatar
minga minga is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 46
Cool Redesign Review - feedback Please!

I've been working on a re-design. Please tell me what you think. Are the nav buttons too busy?

The links don't go anywhere yet - I'm just looking for feedback on the visuals.

Thanks!

Michele

http://umichiganpoker.com/redesign/index.html

old design
http://umichiganpoker.com

__________________
Putting buns in Seats
Promoting Charity Poker in Michigan
Michele
http://www.UMichiganPoker.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Arnoldpalmer Arnoldpalmer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 62
Send a message via Skype™ to Arnoldpalmer
Default

I can see what you were trying to do with buttons but afriad it hasn't worked! they're pretty ugly to my eye! I'd go for something a little simpler and cleaner design on them.

Arn
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-2006, 12:24 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

The images on the menues took for ever to load. very slow for me.

They look a little stretched out. I think you could find a cleaner look for the buttons like Arnloldpalmer was stating.

Otherwisae I like the top logo. Looks good. The rest of the colors look fine. I just don't like the buttins for some reason.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,256
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

The suggestion I would make is that you should not try to do your own tables and html.

If you're using frontpage or whatever, buy a simple template and work off of that. Trust me, it will look a million times better and make your life much easier.

Your site doesn't look terrible, but at the same time it doesn't have that WOW factor your probably looking to entice your Michigan visitors with.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,019
Default

I agree with Jeremy, get a good template and work from that in FP or DW. I like www.oswd.org for good clean templates that are free
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2006, 06:49 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Default

I had an old template that I am not using anymore. I just copied and pasted some of your content into it. If you like it I can send you the files via email if I can figure out how. Here is the site, take out the xx

xxhttp://michtemp.freespaces.com/

Its free hosting so it loads a little longer than it will on with your current host. This should save you some time and if you want to use it just send me a pm with what email address you want the files to go to and I will try to figure out how to do that. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-2006, 07:31 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

That template looks good. Did you create that offyourface?
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2006, 10:39 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Default

No Loser, that was just a template I bought from one of those template sites. Im not good enough to build one from scratch, but I am getting pretty sporty at working with an existing template. As the others here said, I defitinitely recommend buying a simple template and working off that. If your a novice designer, then your site will look 20 times better just by spending a mere $50. For me the design work is the most fun, and I play around with it just about everyday just to break up the monatony.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
minga's Avatar
minga minga is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 46
Arrow Thanks for all the input! OK - What do you think now?

Thanks losercore, jeremy and everyone else who helped me with the last design. I found a template I really like, had my logo professionally designed, and put a new test page together (none of the links actually work yet, but the look and feel is there)

Please let me know what you think:

http://UMichiganPoker.com/redesign/

Thanks for all your input and priceless advice!

Michele
__________________
Putting buns in Seats
Promoting Charity Poker in Michigan
Michele
http://www.UMichiganPoker.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review our latest project - Tournament Director Training Course J S New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 04-12-2007 09:12 PM
NEW IDEA - SYN will Review YOUR website, with contextual PR5 on topic Links! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 03-15-2007 04:11 AM
Site Redesign - Please review jharri26 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 03-06-2007 03:48 PM
Feedback on my Highstake pokerproject? ;) StoffeT New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 13 12-10-2006 05:02 PM
Homepage redesign review please PokerMaster New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 11-17-2006 06:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0