Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-22-2007, 10:15 AM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 456
Default Review our latest project - Tournament Director Training Course

Hello everyone - I'm looking for feedback on our latest project that is now ready for sale.

We created a comprehensive ebook explaining how to run a poker tournament from start to finish from the role of the tournament director.

The course is designed for individuals wanting to start hosting poker tournaments at local sports bars and restaurants or someone who wants to run an organized home game.

I'm looking for feedback on the sales page mostly. The page is designed to speak to potential poker tournament directors.

If you can think of any questions that we are not answering or ideas that we could use to make the product sell, I certainly appreciate it.

Any and all feedback / criticism welcome. We've had the ebook completed for about 3 days now and we've got 1 sale so far so hey... better than nothing

Here is the site: How to run a poker tournament.

thx in advance for any feedback.
__________________
J S

The Ron Paul Blimp is flying! History was made on December 16th, Ron Paul raised over 6 Million!


NEW - Sell my Poker Dealer Course, and How to Host a Poker Tournament Guide with ClickBank and make great CPA's paid every 2 weeks. Non-Competitive poker related products help maximize your website traffic!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 PM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 446
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

I think the page is very long winded, I think if you break it down into steps showing details on each section more people will read and it will most likely lead to more sales, I stopped reading when I noticed just how long it was.

Just taking a look at what else you offer now
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 236
Default

Agreed with John D.

Perhaps think about in-text links? Having an index near the top for all the points you are going to cover in the home page. That way your audience can just skim through it and know what to expect! Same applies for your Poker League Software page.

The text right at the top ("Learn how to how to run poker tournaments, how to structure poker tournaments....") - could this be replaced with a nice professional looking banner? On first appearances, the text makes it look like the HTML wasn't coded correctly.

I know you're trying to summarise your site with those sentences, but perhaps putting it in the main body of your site?

Have a stronger call to action tool. Right now, your 'order now' link seems to get lost in the 'clutter'. Make it more prominent, or splash it up with an image - whoever you are, you're always going to be attracted to nice packaging! :P

If you can reduce the amount of clicks it takes to purchase it, you might also benefit!! Rule of thumb for websites, 4 clicks to get the information required.

And my final critique of the site, your free newsletter. It should be perhaps one of the first things that your audience should see. Put it in the sidebar of your main pages. It's located smack in the middle of your home page.

If i was a tournament director without much time, or just skimming through, I would have been turned off with the length of the home page, and wouldn't even have noticed the sign-up box. And just like that, you've lost the chance of building a relationship with a perspective customer.

Great site! and a nice alternative!

Good Luck!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Looks = Great

length = Way too long

Yea I have to agree.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2007, 07:48 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,572
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I think Mitchell is right use the text links to allow the reader to choose if they wish to read more or not.

However I have to say it is very appealing, the majority of ebook or items like that sales pages are very bland, and boring. I don't read it all. I very rarely get through half of it because it looks like a cheap ad yours is attractive and nicely put together... just to long.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,259
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I actually think it is a great product. Most of the charity events I play at have terrible dealers. In regards to the sales page I suppose it really depends on the reader. A serious buyer however will want all the info they can get.

Could you please contact these guys

My Poker Games
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 AM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 456
Default

Much thanks for the feedback everyone! We are working on a new layout / style to not make it look like such a 'sales letter'... on all of the products.

Also - we've just added a mountain of new poker dealing videos on the dealer-training.com course that kicks ass if I do say so myself. We are about to do some marketing and upgrades to all of the sales pages..

Oh, and Jeremy if you want a few free copies of the course(s)to give your boys up there in rockford, just let me know. It's the least I can do

One last thing - we are recruiting experienced affiliates (any of you that I would know as regulars from this board) to join our affiliate program and affiliate for our poker league products. If you are interested feel free to send me a PM. You'll be set up as a sub of Jeremy as he is already on board as an affiliate (altho he needs to log in and get new links, cough).

Any more feedback is appreciated and I'll update here once we roll out some changes.
__________________
J S

The Ron Paul Blimp is flying! History was made on December 16th, Ron Paul raised over 6 Million!


NEW - Sell my Poker Dealer Course, and How to Host a Poker Tournament Guide with ClickBank and make great CPA's paid every 2 weeks. Non-Competitive poker related products help maximize your website traffic!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

personally, i dont mind if it is long winded as long as it is interesting. People are going to that page for a specific reason so you have already caught their attention, you can only lose it with the content.

Iv seen many pages like that, usually geared towards clickbank. The ones that are a real turn off are those with big yellow streaks through the writing or contrasting text.

I think your large blue text look spammy. I'd like to see it blend in a little more. Maybe a deep burgandy. More of a page with info rather than a sales looking page.

Overall it looks pretty good so far
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Long copy always outperforms short copy, especially for a $97 product.

Let the expert ebook marketers over at http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/default.asp critique your sales page J.S

I've learnt tons about writing sales page copy from their advice.

I thinks your sales page look pretty good so far but there is always room for improvement.

You might want to rethink requiring people to register to buy.

That can be a big sales killer.

The fewer steps to get the sale the better.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
December Affiliate Tournament [email protected] Poker.com 4 01-04-2007 08:04 PM
My Boring Tournament Story indieangler General Poker Chat 0 08-31-2006 05:36 AM
ny poker tournament allyinsidecx The Spam Forum 0 11-30-2005 04:10 PM
Ok, my latest revision. Please Review Ezekiel New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 0 11-22-2005 05:25 PM
Poker tournament schedule on your website Pokerboy The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 08-30-2005 03:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0