Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 08-31-2006, 05:36 AM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 489
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default My Boring Tournament Story

Whew....went to my local casino across the border in Oklahoma tonight to play a $50+$10 freezeout multi-table tournament. I had never played a tournament at this casino before. After buying in, I was told you start with 1000 chips and the blinds were 25/50...this seemed a bit crazy. After sitting down, I realized that almost all 50+ players in the tournament had 4000 in chips....apparently you got 3000 extra chips for 3 hours of cash game play prior to the tournament, which I didn't have. So now I'm sitting in this tournament as a huge short stack, with 1000 chips and the blinds at 25/50.

I actually managed to pick up a few pots...had to find my spots and take them. Someone would make a "small" raise of 200 and it would be 1/5 of my stack. After the first hour break I got my way up to 3400 chips, still under the average STARTING chip count for the other players, but I was working it. There was a younger (25-27) Chinese player at my table who was extremely aggressive and was talking a good deal of shit. He kept egging me on in particular, both verbally and just overbetting pots and pushing me off of hands here and there because of my short stack. I picked up AA under the gun right after the break...blinds at 100/200 I make take it up to 800, all folds to me.

Few hands later.....blinds 100/200...2 limpers and it comes to me in the small blind with KcJc. I raise it 1500, making it 1700 total, a big overbet. Big blind folds...first limper is the aggressive Chinese player who mumbles something and calls..second limper folds, it's heads up. Flop is a rainbow 10J6....I finally have this player where I want him. Action is on me....I just KNOW this donkey will bet at this pot so I check it to him....he moves all in for about 5000...I only have around 2000 left and know I have this guy killed...I've played him perfectly like I wanted. I push my chips in, jump up out of my seat, and tell the player he was about to learn a listen about shit talking. He asks if I have a pair....I laughed and turned over my KJ, top pair, K kicker.......he shakes his head and turns over 5s6h. Turn is a 5 and I'm sent home packing from an almost amazing come back as the biggest underdog in the room.

Who is the donkey? The Chinese guy with 56o or the indieangler who didn't read tournament rules and starting chip information before the tournament began......Heh, just a rant.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
January Affiliate Tournament [email protected] Poker.com 2 01-23-2007 06:18 PM
December Affiliate Tournament [email protected] Poker.com 4 01-04-2007 08:04 PM
Tournament update for your members.. SunPoker.com SunPoker.com - FocalClick 0 05-16-2006 11:45 AM
Tournament Monitor Important changes! Pokerboy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 12-20-2005 04:03 PM
ny poker tournament allyinsidecx The Spam Forum 0 11-30-2005 04:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0