Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 11-20-2006, 06:48 PM
StoffeT StoffeT is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
Default Site review - www.highstakes.nu

Hello,
I'm new to the forum, and i'm also new to become a pokersite webmaster! I'm been working with my project for a couple of month.

Our goal is to monitor every highstake table on the net, and publish news, results and interviews and alot of other stuff!

With other words - A perfect place for a railbird, and people who like to watch on big hands!

You find the project at: http://www.highstakes.nu

We are also looking for a mainsponsor, who are willing to pay some dollars to get there logo and link on the player where you watch all the hands!

And please, give me as much feedback as possible! Have a nice day!


Kind Regards
Kristoffer
Highstakes.nu

Last edited by StoffeT : 11-20-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 11-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 568
Default

Hey Kristoffer,

Just checked out the site. I really like it. I like how you can watch the past hand replays, really cool. Definetly one of the nicest sites I have seen. Only thing that I noticed was I don't see any links out so I was wondering how you were going to make money off of it? Did you create this program yourself and is it for sale?

Here are some suggestions that I have:
- Forum colours... I find it very dark and the text blends in with the backround a little too much. I would play around with some other colour combinations.
- The links to Prima Network are dead links when you watch the player action
- Maybe elaborate on what rooms exist on the prima network to give your players an opportunity to download the software and watch the tables live.
- Change the Title of the page to something more descriptive of what you want people to search for when finding your site
- Show people how to use the site. It took me a little to figure out if you click on the hands below that it will replay it for you.
- http://highstakes.nu gives a 404 error... redirect this page to the www one

All in all amazing site... Nice work!
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,131
Default

I'm actually pretty impressed. The hand replayer and search tool is great. I personally would suggest getting the search table a little more visibility. If I were just browsing by I might have not seen it if I wasn't looking for it. I'd also suggest adding Poker Stars and Ultimate Bet.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 11-21-2006, 12:04 AM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 401
Default

be carefull when adding pokerstars if you do. Datamining is against their rules.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 11-21-2006, 04:38 AM
Vent Vent is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 6
Default

Very nice design and concept!

Perhaps you should consider a more unique domain name because you're going to be sending highstakes.com a lot of traffic.
__________________
Pro Poker Player - Professional Poker Player / Amateur Webmaster / International Playboy
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 11-21-2006, 05:44 AM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Poker For Free
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 79
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

Wow, very impressed!

I seems like you gave the graphics quite some attention, nice job!
But most of all I like your hand replay. Simply amazing.

Good luck with your website.

Giorgio / Poker For Free
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

NBA Live Leagues
Online Pokeren
Poker Chips
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 11-21-2006, 06:32 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
Default nice site - agree change name

hi

really like the site - great idea and great market to go for - much more likely to get whales I'd guess

agree with prev post looking at the .com thye're going to benifit from your traffic

just a guess but maybe highstakestracker.com or highstakesplayer.com

think you have made a load of code with lots of potential - I'd keep it to yourself and milk the aff links to sites

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
http://www.4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better

http://www.badbeatornot.com - Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 11-21-2006, 12:37 PM
StoffeT StoffeT is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Hey Kristoffer,

Just checked out the site. I really like it. I like how you can watch the past hand replays, really cool. Definetly one of the nicest sites I have seen. Only thing that I noticed was I don't see any links out so I was wondering how you were going to make money off of it? Did you create this program yourself and is it for sale?

Here are some suggestions that I have:
- Forum colours... I find it very dark and the text blends in with the backround a little too much. I would play around with some other colour combinations.
- The links to Prima Network are dead links when you watch the player action
- Maybe elaborate on what rooms exist on the prima network to give your players an opportunity to download the software and watch the tables live.
- Change the Title of the page to something more descriptive of what you want people to search for when finding your site
- Show people how to use the site. It took me a little to figure out if you click on the hands below that it will replay it for you.
- http://highstakes.nu gives a 404 error... redirect this page to the www one

All in all amazing site... Nice work!
Thanks for the good feedback! Perfect!

You are correct about the colors in the forum, i starting to feel the same way, need other colors, will try to fix that as soon as possible.

Will also try to fix every errors, deadlinks! Starting to get really motivated know when i see that the visitors are getting higher and higher

Kind regards

Kristoffer
Highstakes.nu
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 11-21-2006, 12:54 PM
StoffeT StoffeT is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoursurfing
I'm actually pretty impressed. The hand replayer and search tool is great. I personally would suggest getting the search table a little more visibility. If I were just browsing by I might have not seen it if I wasn't looking for it. I'd also suggest adding Poker Stars and Ultimate Bet.
Thanks alot .. Yeah, i maybe can make the searchtool a little bigger.

When Omaha is added to the networks i'm running now, then it's time for Ultimate Bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vent
Very nice design and concept!

Perhaps you should consider a more unique domain name because you're going to be sending highstakes.com a lot of traffic.
Yeah, i know, thats boring. But I have register a pretty good .com adress, and i'll change to that as soon as i have afford to buy .net, .org, .cc, almost every ending you can get. And I also need money to protect the name so i dosnet get called by some evil lawyer!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerforfree
Wow, very impressed!

I seems like you gave the graphics quite some attention, nice job!
But most of all I like your hand replay. Simply amazing.

Good luck with your website.

Giorgio / Poker For Free
Thanks alot!


Quote:
Originally Posted by scrawnybob
hi

really like the site - great idea and great market to go for - much more likely to get whales I'd guess

agree with prev post looking at the .com thye're going to benifit from your traffic

just a guess but maybe highstakestracker.com or highstakesplayer.com

think you have made a load of code with lots of potential - I'd keep it to yourself and milk the aff links to sites

cheers scrawnybob
Thanks scrawn, and yes, i'll keep it to myself My goal is to be the biggest railbird in the world! GL with your sites also, i have been visiting one of your sites before i joined this forum
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 11-30-2006, 07:14 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 376
Default

I tell ya what, that is one of the most unique sites I have seen. The presentation of the hands is great!

nice work!

SmackDog
__________________
Vegas Poker 24/7 Leader Board - Earn points while playing in online poker tournaments and ring games at Vegas Poker 24/7! Win cash, prizes and free roll entries for finishing on our monthly leader boards!

Advertising now available on Smack Dog Poker and Poker Satellite Center. PM me for rates if interested.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please gimme some feedback on my site addaminsane New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 01-22-2007 04:47 PM
Feedback On Sitngopro.com pojax New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 11-21-2006 10:13 AM
Gaambol - my poker social network - feedback welcome gaambol New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 10-27-2006 10:28 AM
Redesign Review - feedback Please! minga New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 09-05-2006 06:21 PM
Site Feedback losercore New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 07-16-2006 02:42 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0