Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2006, 06:51 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

I have been very happy with my stats lately and I have actually been averaging 2-3 new sign ups a day so far this month. I am wondering if members here would take a look at my site and see what it could use to get more conversions. What can I do differently on my site to make people want to sign up for my site. I am offering the best offers I can, but in terms of design, would there be any thing I could do differently to entice my players to want to sign up with me? Thanks in advance for all your help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,078
Default

u gettin 2-3 rmp a day ?
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-05-2006, 01:33 AM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

yes so far that is the players that I have gotten this year. Is that a problem?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Emil Emil is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
yes so far that is the players that I have gotten this year. Is that a problem?
Indeed it is.. The risk that you will drown in money is non-neglectable ;-)
__________________
The Free Poker Room | Free poker content
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2006, 01:45 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

I feel like the reason I get little response from members on this forum when I ask for a review is because I am a rakeback affiliate. Are people disciminating here against me. I am just asking for a little help, I am still very new to this but I just want to be able to take advantage of the amount of visitors that I am getting to my site and convert them into sign ups. You know I have been reading a lot of these "I HATE RAKEBACK" posts and blah blah and how its bad for the industry and this and that and rakeback affiliates are all scammers and liars. But here is something I do not understand. Regular affiliates make 5 times more than the rakeback affiliate. I make 2-5% on any given sign up while the regular affiliate is making anywhere from 25-45% per player sign up. So what the hell are you guys complaining about? The non rakeback affiliates here talk about how they care so much about the players they sign up and they should be given rewards and given good treatment. Well I ask, what are you doing to treat your players better? You give out the same deposit bonuses that people can get from the site anyway, they do not have to go through an affiliates banner to get the deposit / reload bonuses that the site ALREADY gives. Rakeback affiliates are actually providing a service for players. We are paying them to play poker. We are giving them 95% of our pay checks essentially. So why must we be crucified? I really think that this is a great forum for people wanting to get better in the affiliate industry but I dont think rakeback affiliates should get discriminated against here. I really like what PPCOMPS site is doing. He is giving something back to his players. Now ask all yourselves as an affiliate, what are you doing for your players? What are you giving back to them for their loyalty? Are you sending thank you letters for the 25k month pay check some of you bigger affiliates receive. What is so interesting about this business to me is that so many people are making big time bucks without really providing any service to the players themselves. Yes you may review the poker room for them, tell them what you think, you may write some new articles for them to read about poker YIPPEE! But what are you giving back. I think the rakeback affiliates on this site should be given just a little bit more respect when it comes to what we are doing for this industry. Now i am ready for the bashing that will come with writing this post. BUT I DONT CARE. I will be a loyal member of this forum as long as I am in this business. I am looking forward to my best month ever this month, and could only imagine what it would be like if I was making 30% per sign up, instead i am making 5% tops off of my players rake. BASH AWAY :P
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If you'd like to discuss whether or not rakeback affiliates are discriminated against here, then that would probably be a good topic for another thread, rather than tacking it into a request for a review of your site. (Just a suggestion; things tend to work better when we avoid having multiple topics in one thread.)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Start a new thread taketherakeback, it will be interesting. I don't discriminate against anyone for the record.

Now back to the topic at hand. The design looks pretty good, much better than a lot of other new sites. One suggestion I would make is that your visitors are coming looking for one thing and one thing only.......rakeback. Take your "rakeback offers" that are in the middle of the page and moe them up. No one cares about that Absolute banner, in fact most people have "banner blindness"

Be very direct upon peoples first 10 seconds of viewing your site......BOOM, here is the rakeback %'s I offer!!!

Also you need to come up with some type of branding scheme and "make it personal" People can get rakeback from 100 different providers with a website just like yours. What are you doing to make them remember your site.

For example get a masot.......It sounds stupid but people remember stupid or different things. Slap that mascot on every page on the site. Call him Jake the rakeback monkey or something silly. Have a monkey with chips hanging from a vine or something.

I know it sounds dumb, but people are drawn too and remeber this type of stuff. Everyone thinks it is so important to have a domain name that reflects their business, but in reality it really just comes down to branding. WTF did Google, Ebay, or Amazon mean back in the 90's?

Bottom line is differentiate yourself from the competition.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-05-2006, 05:50 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

Thank you Jeremy, I really appretiate this advice, getting a mascot sounds like an awesome idea. And also moving up my rakeback offers is another great idea. I just thought showing the xbox would catch peoples eyes considering it was the hot item to have for christmas time. I will get to work on this as soon as possible, must start brainstorming for a mascot, this should be fun! Thanks again, and I will start a new post about my discrimination theory.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No pink bunnies............thats copyrighted.....LOL. But just remember what your target market is looking for. They want numbers and specific data. Give it to them right when they show up at your site and grab their interest.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
2ndServe 2ndServe is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 13
Default

Personally, I was always a big groundhog fan. I don't think anyone is using a groundhog as a mascot.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IDEA - SYN will Review YOUR website, with contextual PR5 on topic Links! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 03-15-2007 04:11 AM
Site review please guys. haynesey New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 12 12-21-2006 03:29 PM
Site Review - er, blog review actually tomt New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 11-04-2006 08:59 PM
Review and Pics from CAC Bryan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 09-19-2006 02:58 PM
Review my review mikebrad New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 03-08-2006 07:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0