Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,019
Default

I started a site just like this about a year ago called partypokercomps.com. I got a letter from them to take it down a few months into it.

Since I get a ton of MGR traffic there it wasn't worth me rocking the boat so I took it down.

Do you have permission from them to do this?
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-26-2005, 09:28 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Georgia Poker@Dec 26 2005, 08:35 PM
I started a site just like this about a year ago called partypokercomps.com. I got a letter from them to take it down a few months into it.

Since I get a ton of MGR traffic there it wasn't worth me rocking the boat so I took it down.

Do you have permission from them to do this?
OH, that sucks.

It is a downer when you work so hard on a site only to be told to shut down later. YOu must've been pissed.
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-26-2005, 10:12 PM
texignweb texignweb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 372
Send a message via AIM to texignweb Send a message via MSN to texignweb
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Georgia Poker@Dec 26 2005, 08:35 PM
I started a site just like this about a year ago called partypokercomps.com. I got a letter from them to take it down a few months into it.

Since I get a ton of MGR traffic there it wasn't worth me rocking the boat so I took it down.

Do you have permission from them to do this?
What were the specifics for them to request to take down the site?
__________________
Josh Ziman
[email protected]

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, your probably right."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-27-2005, 04:12 PM
coxquinn coxquinn is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 154
Default

tex-- seo is coming down the road i think its gonna get started w/ some selective ads and word-of-mouth... hopefully! and i just emailed my programmer to remind him to get those **** tags working!



pokerguy-- that sucks. care to elaborate at all?? im very interested...in fact, I'll PM ya
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-27-2005, 04:18 PM
coxquinn coxquinn is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:

Welcome to PartyPokerComps.com, where you get CASH BACK for EVERY HAND you play on Party Poker!

REGISTER with us BEFORE you download PartyPoker from ANY other site!

Upon singing up with Party Poker you will enjoy the following benefits:

1. Play cards with over 35,000 real players playing on 1000+ tables.

2. Tournaments that often top $300,000 in prize pools!

3. You can find a game anytime at any limit!

And when you sign up via PartyPokerComps.com you will also earn cold hard cash for EVERY hand you play!

Using our exclusive system, you earn cash on every hand you play REGARDLESS of whether you fold your hand, WIN OR LOSE! To learn more about this exclusive offer please CLICK HERE
but then I see you pretty quickly changed the site around to some "poker coach" thing...what that after Party sent you that email?? :blink:
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-27-2005, 07:35 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by coxquinn@Dec 27 2005, 04:12 PM
pokerguy-- that sucks. care to elaborate at all?? im very interested...in fact, I'll PM ya
Hi Quinn,

I didn't actually have a site that got shutdown. I was just speaking generally. Perhaps your query was directed at Georgia Poker?
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-27-2005, 07:35 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 276
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

If you've "launched", then fix your forum up. if I go to visit and view the forum, I get to read a bunch of nonsense posts including stating that certain people are gay. It just looks very amateurish.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:03 PM
coxquinn coxquinn is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 154
Default

good point dan...if only I had control over the forum yet! I'm working on it...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,019
Default

They were pissed that I was doing rake back and using their name to the left of a TLD.

That was early in my days of poker affiliate stuff, didn't realize I used so damn many !!!!'s

I used it after that as a test site, the poker coach thing was just that, a test.
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So in essence the way players earn points is no diferent than the way a pitboss at the casino strolls over every few minutes and marks a card documenting your action?

Another way to do it would be by having players just email you their hand histories from each session. That would result in a crap load of paperwork though.

The question I have is what if I play every night between 2:00 AM and 4:00 AM while you sleep and can't monitor my play?

I'm just curious on how it works without seeing individual trackers. Great site design though and an awesome idea fro rewarding your players without rakeback if you can get it to work.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
Site review...Am I on the right track? NewPokerGirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-19-2007 01:26 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 06:07 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0