| New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers |
 11-18-2007, 11:41 PM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7
|
|
Questions
I have managed to finally get some back links to my site as well as doing some blogging and submitting articles. Despite all this, Google still does not recognize any back links to my site. Does anyone know why this is????
Also, when i designed my first site (www.acejackonline.com), i really was new to web site design and really didn't set up the site properly (as you can probably tell if you checked it out). I have a new URL that actually contains the key word that I am trying to attract and want to start to build a new site. Can anyone recommend any decent SEO resources to help so that I do not have to rely on Adwords. Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to make my current site less sucky and perhaps a PR higher than 0 please let me know.
Thank you
|
 11-18-2007, 11:59 PM
|
|
Super Mod
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 225
|
|
There is hardly any content on your main site. I would build that up quick.
__________________
Poker Staking Player Staking Internet Poker Leagues Rounders Online Poker Tells
|
 11-19-2007, 12:19 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,563
|
|
A few sites you may want to read up on for basics is
seomoz - bookmark this page it will come in handy more than a few times
http://www.seomoz.org/article/search-ranking-factors
I found this one a couple of weeks ago...not sure what the others think but I have been lurking around and its pretty interesting, Here is a link toa bunch of teh newbie articles broken down
http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=833
You can try seochat but I find they can be just as confusing and contradicting as it can be helpful..definatly look at the first one I gave you.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further 
Last edited by kaus : 11-19-2007 at 12:41 AM.
|
 11-20-2007, 02:28 AM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7
|
|
Thank you for the help. I am working on the content, albeit slowly. Thank you very much for the seomoz link.
Any ideas on why back links are not showing up and how I can change that?
Thanks for the help
|
 11-21-2007, 01:21 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,273
|
|
Use the yahoo link command instead to see your inbound links. Google knows they are there but doesn't show you them with the link command on a live basis.
Here are your links.
__________________
Buying links in content (sites 1 year or older). PM me if you are interested.
|
 11-22-2007, 02:20 AM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7
|
|
Thanks
Great, that was a help. nice to know that something is linking back. Not everything is recognized but at least it recognizes more than google. Thanks for the link!
|
 11-25-2007, 11:55 PM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7
|
|
Resources
While trying to figure out how to get a PR of at least 1, I found these sites that may be useful for others struggling with the same thing:
highrankings.com/forum
searchenginewatch.com
webmasterworld.com
seomoz.org
I also found out that the backlistings that I have may be hurting me more than helping me. Anyways, that is it.
|
 12-05-2007, 01:05 AM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7
|
|
to answer my own question:
I found out that backlinks that have a PR 3 or lower will not show up on the google backlink search.
|
 12-05-2007, 02:54 AM
|
|
BryanHauer.com
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 432
|
|
Backlinks are fine, but honestly this is for every newbie... stop trying to find the holy grail... simply write great, unique content each day and trust me... overtime you'll be ok. Backlinks will come, traffic will come and eventually the money will come.
Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon 
And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either. Also, check out my other Premium WordPress Themes!
Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
|
 12-06-2007, 03:06 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 55
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan
Backlinks are fine, but honestly this is for every newbie... stop trying to find the holy grail... simply write great, unique content each day and trust me... overtime you'll be ok. Backlinks will come, traffic will come and eventually the money will come.
Bryan
|
Absolutely! And yes, google backlinks are only generated when the linking page is PR 4 or higher.
It takes time to get your PR up, and good original content is the only way to make it happen and make it sunstainable. You'd be suprised at the ammount of non sollicited back links a good quality site can generate.
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.
|