Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-20-2007, 12:57 AM
themike537's Avatar
themike537 themike537 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Default

I'm just speaking from experience there. I started with a smaller niche, learned as much as I could, and got into bigger things once I had some experience.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I could see a new affiliate getting discouraged and even quitting by trying to rank for a tougher keyword right away.
__________________
PokerAffiliateLife.com - Your free poker affiliate guide.

USAPokerLife.com - The latest US poker news
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-20-2007, 12:59 AM
themike537's Avatar
themike537 themike537 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Default

And there's definitely money to be made in those smaller niches, so you wouldn't be "wasting six months worth of time."
__________________
PokerAffiliateLife.com - Your free poker affiliate guide.

USAPokerLife.com - The latest US poker news
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-20-2007, 01:15 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,581
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Definatly however those smaller niches also need quite a bit of knowledge as well without coming off sounding like a complete ass....for example I can not possibly write about 7 card stud without having enough game time and understanding of the game to do so. anyone who has any interest in the game would see I am coming off as weak so its just not happening. So where do they go if they dont fit in these niches?

Now also from experience with rooms - I chose to start with teh small rooms for various reasons

I didnt think I could rank for Pokerstars or Full tilt
I didnt think i could get players to sign up to those rooms
I thought that taking the low key less competitive way was easier because I stood a chance

What I got was ranking for something that never stood up to alot - finally making the switch over it took me twice as long to start seeing any significant change in the serps but it changed.

and yeah I was discouraged at the fact that what I thought would work didnt, what was easy actually made it difficult. But seeing that yes I can get a player to go to Pokerstars and qualify, or I can get to the top 20 in some targeted competitive terms is possible.


Now obviously going only after poker reviews is going to be difficult especially if thats all you are shooting for, but I don't think people should limit themselves. There is always room for growth and if he is willing to work for it than why should he settle for anything less?

A new affiliate is going to quit by not seeing any changes in stats IMO rather than ranking. .... If they are interested in learning how to rank they will ask and read as much as possible about it. It was more discouraging seeing week after week 0's in your stats in not only your earnings but player sign ups or click throughs than it was to see that your ranks havent improved. Myself for the first three months all I was concerned about was how many vistors I had and how many sign ups. Until a few people here started showing me a few things or lending me some much needed advice.

anyway long story short I think everyone should aim for something...can be a long term goal. Have a plan as to what you will achieve first and move from there till you get what you want. I will never try for something just because it is easier again.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 10-20-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
Site review...Am I on the right track? NewPokerGirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-19-2007 01:26 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Site review please guys. haynesey New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 12 12-21-2006 03:29 PM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 06:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0