Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-2007, 11:55 AM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 338
Default Software Advertising Question

I had an idea earlier about how I could improve the sales of certain types of poker software that I affiliate with by highlighting the fact that the software can be obtained for free by signing up for poker rooms from the software's site. This initially seemed like a good idea, as visitors will have more of an incentive to get the software by signing up for one of the rooms on the software's site and when they do I would be getting commision for each sale.

But after a little thought, I was thinking whether or not it is in my best interest to make visitors aware of these deals. Do I want to send visitors to the software's sites and have them make the majority of the commision whilst I get a smaller cut than if I directly reffered that visitor to a room?

I'm not sure if I explained it all that well, but would it be more profitable for me in the long run to not make it aware to visitors that they can sign up for a room AND get free software instead of just signing up for rooms from my links? I'm sure there would be an increase in the number of software products I sell by doing this, and therefore more commisions, but do you think it would have a significant effect on the amount of room sign-ups I would get?
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-26-2007, 01:10 PM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 455
Default

that's a good question.

If you have a compelling enough reason for them to sign up at the poker rooms then it would probably be better to convert them yourself.

But the vast majority of these players would not be signing up at the poker room if it was not for the product incentive so you would probably not make any money on that visitor. IE the reason they are signing up is for the incentivized product, not because of a freeroll or a sign up bonus etc...
__________________
J S

The Ron Paul Blimp will Fly! Be a part of history on December 16th, celebrating the Boston Tea Party, Donate with us!


NEW - Sell my Poker Dealer Course, and How to Host a Poker Tournament Guide with ClickBank and make great CPA's paid every 2 weeks. Non-Competitive poker related products help maximize your website traffic!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-27-2007, 07:16 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 338
Default

Okay, thought it woukd be alright.

Does anyone think that it would be best to not advertise this offer?
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 10:33 PM
Advertising Question themike537 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 04-26-2006 10:09 PM
advertising rates question? ucladave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 04-25-2006 11:25 PM
affiliate software question....please help! magnetobucks General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 03-08-2006 05:50 PM
Question About Advertising (I'm new) ShawnWhite General Poker Affiliate Discussion 15 06-10-2005 03:48 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0