Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2005, 12:42 AM
ShawnWhite ShawnWhite is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2
Default

Hello Everyone, I'm a new affiliate for partypoker. I just got my first signup last month from partypoker and the feeling of getting into something big that can make me money is great. I wanted some tips on advertising. A friend of mine told me a great place to advertise is on the amazon book reviews, I see some fellow affiliates doing that right now on the Supersystem, Harrington, and the other books. Does this get signups because It looks like it beats handing out flyers in the city or the bookstore. What about google adwords?

Thanks

For example I've been seeing the following for the last month on amazon on and off Link To Reviews

Amazing Book - Try PartyPOKER!, June 7, 2005
Reviewer: Try PartyPoker.Com - $25 Bonus With Code "DELL25" (TeamFu.FreeShell.Org) - See all my reviews
A great Book by Dan harrington. A true Poker Specialist. A NL master takes you into the mind of a tourney player.

Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)




0 of 2 people found the following review helpful:

Great Book, June 7, 2005
Reviewer: Poker Room "The place to Play" (Try Pokerroom.com and use bonus code: 250BONUS and receive a 40% match up to $250. A hearty bonus for new players) - See all my reviews
A great Book by Dan harrington. A true Poker Specialist. A NL master takes you into the mind of a tourney player.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2005, 01:01 AM
PKing PKing is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 71
Default

The people who put their bonus codes into Amazon reviews .. not only are you violating Amazons terms of use, but you are violating Party Pokers terms of use as well. You may get away with it for a while, but if Party Poker catches you, say goodbye to your players. And in terms of Google Adwords, Google disallows any types of ads that link to pages with gambling advertisements on them..
__________________
Poker King
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2005, 01:02 AM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 426
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

I dont think this is allowed, I think it is on pp affiliate page where it says DONT TRY. I would not try it not worth the risk.
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

www.teamdpp.com "Our Poker Blog"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-08-2005, 06:20 AM
bigboy bigboy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 194
Default

Someone was posting on this forum a couple of weeks ago, and said Party closed their affiliate account for advertising on Amazon. Not worth the risk!
__________________

Words to remember: You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-08-2005, 06:22 AM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

What about posting a link to a website that has your affiliate links, but not posting a bonus code...
Say saying something just along the lines of poating a real review and at the end stating...
This review brought to you by www.Gotbonus.com.
No mention of poker or affiliate information, just the link, i am thinking still not a good idea...but thought i would ask.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-08-2005, 10:46 AM
PKing PKing is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 71
Default

Not worth it, why risk it?
__________________
Poker King
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2005, 07:49 PM
bfuchs bfuchs is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 218
Send a message via AIM to bfuchs
Default

Yeah, It has been going on for over a year on and off but usually for pokerroom. I report the pokerroom guy all the time and he keeps doing it.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/1580421369
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Waz Waz is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 61
Default

bfuchs -
I see one of the biggest(?) Party affiliates writes codes in that site. Strange when the guy is in the top on almost every party search at the search engines.

maybe someone try do get his account closed at p?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2005, 08:22 PM
bfuchs bfuchs is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 218
Send a message via AIM to bfuchs
Default

I was referring to the pokerroom guy, damn I see the partypoker posts, obvious blatent attempt to get him banned. This pokerroom guy always posts 24/7 I have emails going back for over a year yet he still does it. In all fairness to pokerroom they always ask to hear your side of the story first and they are a big site. PartyPoker always puts you as the enemy first. I'd rather have a site that protects you and takes your side rather than the other.......
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-08-2005, 11:45 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,628
Default

My understanding is the amazon spammer is NOT teamfu, despite the spammer using his URL how it is used.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 09:33 PM
Advertising Question themike537 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 04-26-2006 09:09 PM
advertising rates question? ucladave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 04-25-2006 10:25 PM
Google / Yahoo Rank Question stillshadow Search Engine Optimization 26 09-28-2005 05:00 AM
i'm sure this question has been asked... bigboy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 03-31-2005 08:57 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0