Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-18-2007, 07:24 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,397
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Question Using logos?

I am working on my new site anyway I instead of your normal header I have my company name except below it I am going to be incorporating a small swish clip into it. Now looking at the fact that I can not use pics of people in general without purchasing the rights to these. Am I able to use logos for some of the big events. What I want to do is have say the logo for WSOP, EPT etc zoom across the screen thanin the end a pile of chips will stack up. I have it all worked out in my head just need to know if this is something that could hinder me in the future. Also in no way will I be using my logo or name within this clip,I figured doing it this way vs a normal header would catch the attention of a viewer.

Thanks

Cheryle
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2007, 07:36 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Im guessing no, WSOP is branded but Im sure u can contact them & ask
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-18-2007, 07:43 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,397
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Ya like that would ever get a yes...wasn't sure as I am always seeing people display the logos on thier sites advertising the WSOP and which rooms. Two different things but it would have freakin kicked ass.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-18-2007, 07:57 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Ive used a wsop banner but that was an old site with few hits. Just playin around with my crappy design skills but If I got anywhere Im sure they could have sued. Yeah I dont fancy your chances of being allowed but nothing to lose. Another option could be to use affiliate designs that directs to their sites, dunno if you could do that with your idea but just a thought
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-18-2007, 08:01 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,332
Default

I would say go ahead...just have a contact address somewhere on your site.

Then, if they contact you about, take it down.

Can't really sue you successfully without a warning or a question about it.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-18-2007, 08:05 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1
I would say go ahead...just have a contact address somewhere on your site.

Then, if they contact you about, take it down.

Can't really sue you successfully without a warning or a question about it.
Yeah, well sounds OK if you put it that way. Kaus check out a few sites that offer a collection of pics. Many of them have a notice that should serve your purpose
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-18-2007, 08:08 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,397
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I figure its just a glimpse of the logo not like I am putting it up next to my name and incorporating it into my own logo....I just want to make a quick clip realting to poker without using any pics of people, poker chips and cards alone can get tiresome to look at after awhile....however while you were posting these messages I have found a decent pic of a women at istock that I can use if need be. Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-18-2007, 08:33 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus
I figure its just a glimpse of the logo not like I am putting it up next to my name and incorporating it into my own logo....
Hehe im my defense. It was a photograph outside Harrahs. I just replaced the bright lights
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-18-2007, 10:48 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 788
Default

Images here are very cheep and they have alot of poker related stuff

http://www.fotolia.com/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-18-2007, 11:05 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,397
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Ok I have done a rough idea..and before I put more work into it if anyone wants to see it and lend me an ear as to what you think PM me your email addy so I can email you the file. It is done with a flash editor and I dont know how to yet switch it to anything else besides the .swi

Thanks I look forward to honest critique as this will be one of the first things people see. Also this is the first time I have worked with any of these programs.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Logos Graham Web Design Q&A 0 09-08-2006 02:09 PM
MIA - The Godfather Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 21 12-08-2005 11:09 PM
check my site so far Kyle New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 10-18-2005 10:57 AM
Banners-logos ampi General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 09-09-2005 01:11 PM
University Logos? tomt General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 05-18-2005 11:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0