Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-08-2005, 11:30 AM
freepp freepp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 117
Default

How many you have tried advertising by placing flyers on cars in a parking lot? Where did you do it? What were your returns (Flyers/RMPs). Just put up about 300 flyers in a parking lot yesterday and want to know what to expect.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2005, 12:19 PM
mattc mattc is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 125
Default

I put 400 flyers on cars at the county fair a few weeks back - no players period....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I tried it, and I won't do it again. No players at all. And I put the flyers on cars in the parking lot of a bar having a free poker tournament too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have had both sucess and failures with these campaigns. I would say if you are just promoting Party Poker and a bonus code you will not see as much success as if you live in Pekin Illinois and your promoting PekinPoker.com.

That would certainly draw my interest much more than a flier with a bonus code on it.

It's hit or miss though, be happy if you try it and get some sign up's nad if it fails then move onto another campaign.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-11-2005, 12:36 PM
THATS:HOT THATS:HOT is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by freepp@May 8 2005, 10:30 AM
How many you have tried advertising by placing flyers on cars in a parking lot? Where did you do it? What were your returns (Flyers/RMPs). Just put up about 300 flyers in a parking lot yesterday and want to know what to expect.
Jeremy is right about this, flyering cars is like a hit or miss game, and like anything else its about putting out mass amounts of them.

I was a nightclub/rave promoter for years and the first thing a older promoter told me when I was starting out was "He who fliers most wins."

The standard in that type of marketing is 5-10% of what you put out will come, so if I needed 500 people I was going to have to do about 10k fliers on average.

I really thing with getting conversions for RMP via fliering your % is probably going ot be even less than 5%, hence you need to flier more.

I like the idea of hitting the local bar tourney, and you might get one or two of something like that, but usllay if people are at a bar playing poker they are already playing online they are just going to toss your flier.

One of the ways I got alot of extra randoms was fliering places that would be considered not your target market.

If your in a big city search for street teams or flier teams who do routes nightly, you can usually work out a cheap deal with them to slip your flier in their route.

Just remember "He who fliers most wins."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Welcome to the board THATS:HOT.............you are so right on the numbers game. If you think placing 100 fliers at one event will send your hit counter spinning or your mgr% to the sky, your crazy :
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do flyers work ? Worldpokerseat.com Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions 10 11-07-2007 02:26 AM
flyers... NeverBeg Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions 2 02-02-2006 07:41 PM
Paradise free million flyers bfuchs General Poker Affiliate Discussion 12 08-06-2005 05:12 AM
Flyers CDs business cards FattyOwnz General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 07-16-2005 04:23 AM
FLyers FattyOwnz General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 07-05-2005 10:39 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0